Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Early Perimenopause  (Read 3046 times)

Chooklady

Early Perimenopause
« on: October 14, 2013, 10:31:08 AM »

Hello there,

I have been told by my GP that I am in the perimenopause at the age of 38 and I have had the symptoms for the past 7 years.

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia at first then it was M.E along with it but as soon as I started to take Cerazette Mini Pill, I did feel 80% better. The first month was great and then the tablets stopped working, which saw me going back to see him again this month.

He has given me a blood test.... again.... to check my thyroid, which has always come back with no action to take. I am told that because I take Venlafaxine for GAD, I must have an ECG to check my heart rate before starting me on Pregablin in the next few weeks.

I am trying to concentrate on building my career and I am currently studying for a Foundation Degree in Clinical Complimentary Therapies but my mind is blank, my motivation isn't here at the moment and I can manage about two tasks a day before I am exhausted.

Is anyone else on Pregablin? How does it work for you? My periods are heavy and regular, after my daughter was born 12 years ago I had Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, I have had Endometriosis and cysts removed and I just want nothing more to do with hormones  :(

I would easily have the lot removed tomorrow, I have no connection with my lower half, it's all just too distressing.

Dancinggirl

Re: Early Perimenopause
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 11:18:07 AM »

Hi Chooklady  -  :welcomemm:
Some of the things you are telling us seems to be contradictory  ???
If your periods are regular you must be producing enough oestrogen. However your blood test must have shown up a level that indicates peri-menopause.
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Preglabin - someone else using this site will hopefully help you on that one.
There is no getting round the fact that hormones rule our life. >:(
Please, please check out all the info on this site - I was peri in my 30s and ended up going to a private meno clinic ( no NHS meno clinics back then) and HRT helped me through highly stressful times.  There are some good NHS Meno clinics now.  You are so young and it sounds as though you need a holistic approach - something to balance your hormones and GAD symptoms & perhaps some good cognitive therapy to help with lifestyle.
Do you think you are trying to do too much at the moment? I know when I feel overwhelmed with life I get terrible exhaustion.
Try to stay positive - this site is here to help  DG x

Chooklady

Re: Early Perimenopause
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 11:07:29 AM »

Hello Dancinggirl,

I have been reading this piece of research and it explains what phases there are in the perimenopause itself. This might be useful to others who are going through the same thing as me.

http://www.cemcor.ubc.ca/ask/onset_of_perimenopause

Menstruation can still look 'normal' for a good while in the earlier stages and then the changes come in later.

Hope this helps  :)