Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Feeling pants!  (Read 3978 times)

Harana

Feeling pants!
« on: September 30, 2013, 10:07:09 AM »

Posting here cos I don't know who else to talk to :( just feeling over whelmed and not coping very well with all this!

Confirmed menopause mid august and started ellest duet. Up shot is white tabs fine green ones awful - checked with gp a few weeks ago and she asked if I could persevere a while as it can take a few months. Felt very unwell, dizzy motion sickness etc and bled for the 12 day green tab phase! But went back to white

Sarturday night late felt very unwell chest pains and pain breathing etc - called the on call dr at 7am and spent the day yesterday in hospital having ECG, bloods done, X-ray and CT chest scan to check no clot in my lung. There wasn't thank goodness but obviously there was something concerning in the tests that required the full tc scan to eliminate clot. Have phoned dr this morning 8:30 and waiting of a call back consultation to see what to do. I'm a teacher and I'm too exhausted, queasy and teary to face my 26 10/11 year olds! Husband not helpful at all unsympathetic keeps telling me to get on with it and actually just told me yesterday morning to breathe through the pain despite me wretching and sobbing in agony!!!

Don't get me wrong I appreciate that this isn't life or death and there are thousands of people who deal with much worse on a daily basis but at the minute this is my 'broken leg' (if you're familiar with that theory) and at the minute I'm not coping with my broken leg :( just feel pants:(

Sorry for rant but at least I have passed another 10 mins while typing waiting on my GP to call me

Thanks for listening
R x

Joyce

Re: Feeling pants!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 10:49:28 AM »

If men went through this, they certainly wouldn't "Just get on with it!" Did the give you a time which GP would phone back. Our surgery does. Not always on time, but within a reasonable time.

Is it possibly a panic attack?

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 12:03:00 PM »

Sorry to hear you are feeling so unwell.
First off I would change your HRT as the progesterone phase is obviously now suiting you at all. You could try utrogestan which is bio identical and much better tolerated by most women.

Could you have a virus perhaps but it could have been a panic attack which can make you feel as if you are dying.

Sorry your hubby is not sympathetic. I hope you thumped him.

Let us know how you get on with the GP.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 03:06:54 PM »

I would think this is hormone upheaval due to the medication.  If I feel unwell I stop what is prescribed and go back to chat with the GP or Practice Nurse.  Trouble is, when we feel unwell we don't have the energy or inclination do we <sigh>.  Wish someone else (like husband  >:( ) would take control and speak to someone for us ........ fortunately mine does, usually.

For your husband  :kick: ......... try telling him that this stage of your Life isn't going to alter however much he tells you to pull yourself together.  What is it that scares him the most about these changes to you?  Sometimes men get ratty because they fear what is happening  >:(  ::)  .........

You take care of YOU!  There will be a supply teacher if necessary.  Has the GP phoned yet?

Harana

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 04:20:05 PM »

Thanks for the support 'guys' (ain't that a funny one !all things considered) anyway update is... GP phoned me back and was lovely.

Told me to stop taking the green tabs at once and go straight to new ones not her usual advice she said but really didn't see the point in me crying for the next 6 days!! Has prescribed angeliq tabs? Anyone know anything about these wee blighters?? I'm liking the angel name hope they can perform miracles although I am realistic.

I have also emailed DH the info for men from here in the hope that he reads it. He also phoned and enquired to see how I was and was more positive now that the green tablets have gone!
Taking dr advice and taking a week to rest, recover and reassess!

Thanks for your help

R x

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 06:51:08 PM »

SO the  :kick: made a difference to DH did it  ;D - next time I'll send  :poke2:  ;)

Maybe he is feeling at a loss as to what he should do and say .......... instead of a gentle hug and keeping Gob Well Shut  ::).  At least you seem to have a GP who will try other products!

Have you looked in the menu, left of screen or done a 'search' for the prescription she has suggested?

Limpy

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 07:07:32 PM »

Hi Harana - the info for men thread is brilliant.
They then appear to understand it's nothing personal against them.
Your GP sounds smashing, hang onto him if possible.
Hope you feel better after the andeliq and getting some rest.

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 07:53:47 PM »

Hi Harana
Sorry to hear you are feeling rough - I answered on your other thread as that came up first and have only just got onto this one that answers my questions. No need to answer the other otherwise two threads going!

Just to confirm that Angelique is a post-meno HRT. Maybe the doc wanted to prescribe it to give you continuous prog and avoid the sudden shock of the green tabs! However always best to try cyclical HRT when you've had problems with the progestogen - to see if it agrees with you or not. In any case you should really be on a cycle.

When you say menopause confirmed, how old are you and how have your periods been before going onto HRT - how long since last one and how irregular were they?

You could try Femoston which contains dydrogesterone - similar to our own prog, or as honeybun says utrogestan is completely bio-identical. You would need to take separate oestrogen with that so could be Elleste tabs or if the tabs aren't agreeing with you (possibly contributing towards how you felt?) then maybe try patch or gel?

Incidentally exactly when in relation to stopping the green tabs did you get these problems (ie the pains etc)? It could well be not only the effect of the prog but withdrawal from it as well - although your symptoms do sound quite severe.

Hope you feel better and sort out the right HRT.

Patches are very gentle on the system.....

Hope this helps

Hurdity x

Harana

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 03:53:46 PM »

Well dr just off the phone typically the dr I had been dealing with yesterday is now off for the rest of the week! Anyway another dr has now prescribed prempak c to try. Explained that the other dr probably went for angeliq to even things out a bit but that I would probably bleed and it would be very erratic and unpredictable. She was nice and very matter of fact and the whole conversation took about 3 mins or less! Just apprehensive about trying another HRT if it sends me doolally. I considered last night about trying to go it alone but then the flashes, sweats, brain fog and insomnia were wrecking my life!
Thanks for the support and for giving me the confidence to ask questions
X

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 06:31:35 PM »

Sadly HRT is, like many medications, a bit hit and miss until we fix on something that suits.  3-4 months and review!  At least we have things we can try.

However, a broken leg can be seen whereas depression and menopause symptoms, other than hot flushes, are hidden.  So ladies try to struggle on  :(  ...........

Let us know how you get on!