Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Which photo means a lot to you  (Read 9462 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Which photo means a lot to you
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 02:14:59 PM »

Ju Ju  :-\

I have photos of family members going back to ......... Gt Gt Grandfather ......

Joyce

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2013, 06:57:02 PM »

Somewhere there is a photo of my dad & mum having a caper out on a walk. It was taken by a street photographer around the time they got engaged. It is such a happy natural picture of them, showing them having a laugh.

lily

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2013, 01:24:35 PM »

Isn't it strange how so many of the pictures that mean so much are of our Dads - is it that, as grown-up independent ladies, we just didn't realise just how important our Dads were until they weren't around anymore?  :'(

Yes, think a lot of us were daddies girls  :'(  miss mine so much.

Suzi Q

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2013, 01:18:48 PM »

The 25 Booth picturs of son and us when he was born no money for piccies
My first blood test card after finiding out 39 years ago i was pregger
My poems Id written POems son had written person stuff
Some bastard stole my purse swapped all these things over for 40 years and one back tunr for 2 mins all gone

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2013, 03:31:28 PM »

Never turned up then Suzi  :'(

I don't look at photos of my parents with any great emotion.  My childhood is hidden ......... we learned to keep quiet and not ask questions.  Mum never allowed me to build a relationship with my Dad ........ I only found out after he had died ......... I think he found it easier not to make too much of me in case of arguments ..........

Often I look at the one where Dad is holding me and wonder what he is thinking - I am quite relaxed but would like to know how he felt, being a Dad so suddenly  :(. He was holding me so must have liked me a bit  ::)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 03:34:04 PM by CLKD »

lily

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2013, 05:45:44 PM »

Of course he would have CLKD, messed up mums do mess up relationships though....mine favoured my sis because dad and me got on so well, but I was the one who had to do all the running around looking after her in her last years.

Another photo that means a lot to me is one of me and my first born after coming home from hospital.  I can remember how content I felt when I look at it.
Pages: 1 [2]