Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Exhaustion  (Read 8013 times)

rufus

Re: Exhaustion
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2013, 08:56:51 AM »

hello spider
I felt just like this for about a year. Life was most certainly difficult. Not sleeping because of hot flushes and just feeling weepy and fed up ALL the time. Started hrt 3 months ago and the difference has been dramatic.  Not as tired, more energy and just "feel" better. Its not all perfect--do not like the progesterone 2 weeks at all, but I will gladly put up with it because I generally feel so much more like my old self.

goodluck with it all.

Hurdity

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2013, 03:54:02 PM »

Hi spider
Sorry to hear you are still feeling rough down there....
Are you using the Gynest cream like you said your doc gave you - this has to be used every night for 2 weeks and then twice a week. I haven't used this internally - only on the external areas as I use Vagifem ( at the moment) or have used very successfully-  Orthogynest pessaries, which you just push up there - no need for loading and washing an applicator.

Hope you had a better night and things start to improve soon.

Hurdity x

spider

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2013, 06:59:21 PM »

Thanks so much (again) everyone for your replies.

So glad you are hear to listen to me. I had a rough night again last night..woke up 4 times with my heart racing and then the sweating omg.. :(

Hubby was so sympathetic...he actually held my hand at one point. Started the HRT today so fingers crossed. Things can only get better. Feeling weepy too thinking about how I used to be before all this carry on. Feel like life is passing me by at the moment.

Hurdity I haven't yet tried the gynest as I feel too sore and I'm afraid that I may now have thrush..(evidence is there) so I intend heading back to see GP in the next day or two hopefully :'(

I keep focussing on the weeks ahead as we are off on a family holiday next month and I'm hoping that by then the HRT will have alleviated some of these horrible symptoms. ;)

You know someone said to me today that women who complain about menopause are hypochondriacs and just won't accept that they're getting old. It was lucky for her that I wasn't my usual self or I would have let her have it ;D

Thanks again for being here everyone...it's so comforting to know that I am not on my own  :thankyou:

Spider xx
Pages: 1 [2]