Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Upper Urinary Tract Infection  (Read 41779 times)

Trey

Re: Upper Urinary Tract Infection
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2013, 02:36:34 AM »

Hi Taz, been on the road about six days and finally checked in on the forum.   Was so hoping you would be clear of infection and on the mend.  I hope the probiotics and Vagifem will help you beat this thing.  I hate that you are still not feeling up to par.  Looking forward to better news soon. 

Taz2

« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2013, 09:22:37 AM »

Thanks Trey! It's being kept at bay but still not gone. Doctors again tomorrow or Tuesday to work out next course of action!

Taz x

libby1

« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2013, 10:02:09 AM »

Hi Taz

Just caught up with your thread, what a nightmare for you as I know you don't do 'being ill"  ;) Take it easy and rest, you need to let your body recover.

Good luck at the docs this week, hope they can sort you out or refer you to someone who can  :)

Libby
x

Taz2

« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2013, 10:10:50 AM »

Thanks libby! It would help if I could take different antibiotics but the urinary tract ones are the ones I react to.  One thing I found to be of interest while perusing the internet was the link between the mycobacteria and kidney infections. It is unusual but if it is one of these bugs it is very hard to grow it in a lab. I had mycoplasmic pneumonia which took ages to identify so I might just mention it to the doctor this week. A longshot probably but just want to know that I can get rid of the infection somehow. Scary to think it's still there after being blasted for three weeks!

Taz x

Rowan

« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2013, 10:50:40 AM »

Taz if the infection remains stubborn it might be that that administration of IV antibiotics might be needed, I expect your GP may consider it.

So sorry you are going through all this.

I found this was not sure if I should post link as it is probably way off the mark

http://voices.yahoo.com/upper-urinary-tract-infections-symptoms-acute-pyelonephritis-565465.html
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 10:52:21 AM by silverlady »

Taz2

« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2013, 12:45:02 PM »

Thanks SL. The doc has already discussed the possibility of hospitalisation although the normal procedure would be to change the antibiotic I am on to a different one for IV use and it is difficult because there is not another one that I can have. The first culture grew the usual E.Coli and the second sample showed no E.Coli but still infection but nothing grew in the lab.

I have got backache (I never get backache) and some pain in my side now and again. The fever has gone but I still feel uncomfortable around the bladder and urethra although I haven't had any cystitis symptoms such as burning on urinating. I'm so tired but think the Cipro affects me in that way.

The doc is keen to keep me out of hospital if possible because I have been on antibiotics for almost three weeks now and she doesn't want to lay me open to contracting C.Diff which is more likely to happen in hospital than out in the community. I must admit she has been really caring and has explained things really well. She is not my usual doctor but I may try to change to her.

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2013, 01:49:31 PM »

It's a shame that the very place that should help you get better is the place that can make you worse.
OH had an overnight stay in hospital a few years ago. He came out with C diff which took weeks to get better and he had been well before he went in.

Fingers crossed Taz that you can be treated at home.

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2013, 06:11:46 PM »

That must have been horrible Honeybun - how did you manage to stop it spreading to the rest of the family??

Taz x  :(

Limpy

« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2013, 06:13:27 PM »

Taz - it's nice that current GP doesn't want to involve hospital unless necessary.
However, it would really would be worth speaking to usual GP.
It would be good if you could get better

Taz2

« Reply #99 on: September 29, 2013, 06:18:04 PM »

I prefer this GP Limpy - she's much nicer than my usual one and takes time out to explain things. The usual one is always so rushed, plus, she doesn't agree that there is such a thing as fibromyalgia which has rather changed our relationship recently as I have had it for ten years  :)

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2013, 06:19:18 PM »

He used one loo and we used the other. If I remember there was a lot of bleach and boiling water involved. I just tried to keep everything separate including plates glasses and cutlery. It was a miracle we did not get it because we knew he had picked up a bug but he was home a day before it started and then we had to wait for sample results. I knew it was not good because he normally has a stomach like a galvanised bucket and this was so unlike him. He was quite unwell for about a week or so.
He said that the loos in the hospital were filthy so that must have been where he got it.

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #101 on: September 29, 2013, 06:35:17 PM »

It's a fantastic bug - can live for ages on surfaces. http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Clostridium-difficile/Pages/Causes.aspx

I will keep my fingers crossed!!

Taz x

Limpy

« Reply #102 on: September 30, 2013, 09:33:24 AM »

The usual one is always so rushed, plus, she doesn't agree that there is such a thing as fibromyalgia which has rather changed our relationship recently as I have had it for ten years  :)

Taz x

Ah, now I see.
Can totally understand you sticking with new GP.
Hope you feel better today

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #103 on: September 30, 2013, 09:44:55 AM »

Trey - have sent you a message in the holiday 2013 thread  ;) - do tell ......

Hurdity

« Reply #104 on: September 30, 2013, 07:55:43 PM »

How are you feeling today Taz?

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10