Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hello everyone! - newbie  (Read 5808 times)

anderina

Hello everyone! - newbie
« on: September 09, 2013, 06:51:56 PM »

Just registered and would like some help?
I am 54 my menopause experience hasn't been too bad but after 2 years 5 months free of bleeding last week boobs started being tender and i have now started bleeding!
Had vaginal itch doctor gave me vagifem 10m used one every day for 2 weeks then 1 or 2 every week but not all the time havent used one for 2 weeks could this cause bleed ( only used them since may)
If any one can help would be grateful cos im thinking negative thoughts going docs tomorrow hopefully

Joyce

Re: Hello everyone! - newbie
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 10:05:58 PM »

Sorry I'm not much help as don't have your problems as yet. But sure someone will pop by soon.

:welcomemm:

anderina

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 09:20:51 AM »

Thank you for replying just been docs they are sending me hospital (this is standard apparently) Hope i don't have to wait too long!  :-\

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 09:56:04 AM »

Good you've seen your GP and even better you are being referred. I got meno referral about 18 months ago. Think I waited about 16 weeks. May depend on your local hospital's waiting times. Hope you don't have a long wait.

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 07:44:04 PM »

Hi anderina

:welcomemm: from me too!

Sorry to hear about your bleeding and good to be investigated.

The guidelines for being seen are 2 weeks for post-meno bleeding when not on HRT - but I'm not sure whether Vagifem would count as this, for these purposes.

re the vagifem - you should really use them twice a week all the time because this is the only way to keep the vaginal tissues plumped up. Otherwise they dont work quite like they should, and also there is more systemic absorption ( oestrogen getting into the body) when the vag tissues are thinner, and you may not want this .

Hope all goes well when you eventually get your appt and do keep us posted.

Hurdity x

anderina

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 04:19:48 PM »

hello just got in from work and have got letter for an appointment at hospital for 24th september!!
still bleeding tho :(
still worrying but trying to be positive
thankyou everyone for replying to me xx

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 05:24:45 PM »

Hi Anderina - welcome to the forum from me too.

Don't worry that your appointment is so soon. This is because you are a lady of a "certain age" and under NHS guidelines you are supposed to be seen within two weeks of seeing your GP. This is from the John Radcliffe site "All women with PMB should be referred for assessment within two weeks."

As your boobs got tender it sounds like a hormonal blip but you do have to have the scan to make sure that all is well.

Let us know how you get on and try not to worry - I know - easier said than done.

Taz  :)

anderina

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 12:29:50 PM »

hello everyone hospital appointment getting closer and i am now feeling that they are going to think i am wasting their time and worrying about nothing!
Obviously dont want anything to be seriously wrong but can't help how i feel!
Can i ask has anyone got prolapse i was diagnosed in may this is worrying me as well when they come to do tests!
As you can tell i worry a lot!!!!      :-\

Taz2

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 12:31:41 PM »

I have a prolapse.. or two... anderina.

Taz x

anderina

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 12:40:35 PM »

Two? Mine isn't too bad it was such a shock to discover it tho!
it is worse when i have been on my feet all day doc just said to do pelvic floor exercises but how do you know you are  doing them right - and isn't it a bit late?? (do try to do them tho)

Taz2

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 01:21:41 PM »

It depends on what has prolapsed - you can have a prolapsed womb, bladder or bowel anderina. Pelvic floor exercises will help prevent anything else from prolapsing down so they are worth doing. Do you get any symptoms from it? Treatment is often not necessary but you do need to be careful not to lift anything too heavy and always remember to pull up the pelvic floor before you even pick up shopping bags.

Taz x

anderina

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2013, 03:22:11 PM »

Hi Taz
its my womb don't get any symptoms - yet- don't even know how long i have had it for??
It was when i went to docs about it she examined me and confirmed it and also gave me the vagifem which i'm now blaming for my bleeding!
But you think persevering with pelvic floor exercises is worth it?
I honestly just think its one thing after another, I haven't had a bad menopause so far compared to some poor women
but i feel like i have aged 20 years in 3 weeks (just feeling sorry for myself now)
Thanks for replying

Anderina xxx

Taz2

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2013, 04:33:42 PM »

It makes you feel horrible being given a prolapse diagnosis - I felt quite disgusted with  my body for a while!!

The pelvic floor exercises will keep your pelvic floor strong. You have obviously got some weakness which has caused the womb to fall so this means that the other organs such as bladder and bowel could also fall into the vagina eventually. You may find this link helpful. http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Genitourinary-GU-Prolapse.htm

It sounds as if yours is only slight so by exercising you will have a chance to keep things healthy. Also, the Vagifem will help with this too.

Taz

anderina

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2013, 09:42:35 AM »

well had hospital appointment yesterday! had ultrasound before i saw consultant she tried to do a hysteroscopy but couldn't so i have to go back and have it done under general anaesthetic!

She thinks i have a large fibroid which probably caused bleeding, but from what i picked up unless it really causes massive problems they don't do anything?? 

has anyone else had this?

I am now worried because when i came home started reading( and seeing pics!! OMG!) of fibroids and they all say they should shrink with menopause not cause problems?

I think they gave me more questions than answers. At least it doesnt sound as serious as i thought (does it??)

Any advice gratefully received!! xxxxx