Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Flu like symptoms or meno?  (Read 13309 times)

warwick01

Flu like symptoms or meno?
« on: August 30, 2013, 02:33:44 PM »

Hi All,

Although I havn't posted for a while, I still pop in and out to read other posts.

I guess I could say I have been feeling better with some symptons no longer a problem such as the dizzies >:( however for the last month I have been feeling really odd, sort of flu like. I get up have breakfast and go to work. Once in work I feel very clammy, sweating, nauseas and also anxious, this has been going on every day for a month but start to feel better come tea time.

Thought I had a bug first but it appears it's the same every day. Also I feel very jittery and anything startles me. If I try to have a nap or fall asleep at night I jump just like a baby, my stomach churns too.

I am 54, so could these symptoms indicate I have reached menopause? and this is the final stage? I do use 3 or 4 pumps of oestrogel per day.

Hope someone can advise.

PS anyone heared from Bette? she was so kind 2 years ago when I was at my worst.

W

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Flu like symptoms or meno?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 02:36:14 PM »

Anxiety surges?  Do you eat regularly to stop low blood sugar.  If you have slept all night then your body needs sustenance.  A banana; biscuits; toast; porridge ......... to get you up and running.  Also keep hydrated throughout the day.  Or the body will 'shout' in various ways for support.  When my body is fine I often forget to feed it  ::)  ..............

Maybe a hike in Oestrogel is required, speak to your prescribing Doc.?

Suzi Q

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 11:54:47 AM »

CLKD isa right I still get it NOW l;ast persiod 1994 yes 1994
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 06:16:49 PM »

Any news?

warwick01

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 04:27:16 PM »

Thanks for your replies.

I have increased the Oestrogel just a little to see if things get better. I am not as jittery this week but Im on the progesterone for 10 days. Let's see what happens.

My gut feeling is that I have reached meno and my overies have completely packed up at 54. That is why the nausea is more constant, god know what will happen when I start to come off the HRT.

W >:(

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 06:48:28 PM »

I have nausea today  :-\ ........... usually because I have missed meals in the previous 5/6 days  ::) but I thought I ate well over the weekend despite ........... <sigh>

How is your diet over-all?