Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Noomi Newbie  (Read 2390 times)

Noomi71

Noomi Newbie
« on: August 29, 2013, 07:09:39 AM »

Hello,

I am Naomi, 42 yrs old and going through a surgical menopause. My GP recommended MM to me as I was asking so many questions.

In July 2012 I had emergency surgery for what at the time looked like appendicitis but turned into a right hemicoloctemy as I had a tumour. On the 30th July I was told I had bowel cancer and as such started chemo. During this time I was involved with the genetics team and it was discovered I have Lynch Syndrome, as a result my risk of ovarian and womb cancer shot up to between 60-80%. After discussions with the gynaecologist I decided to opt for a total hysterectomy once all my treatment had finished. The surgery took place on the 5th July this year via keyhole and everything went very well. During all of my treatment I have coped, I never let it get me time down, not even one day of work but this is something completely different.

The hot flashes, insomnia, mood swings and tears are just so nasty I almost told my boss my where to stick his job, my poor husband doesn't know if I am going to laugh or cry when he says something and some days I just wish I could hide from everyone and feel very alone.

I finally started HRT on the 27th Aug, Estraderm MX 100. I am allergic to sticky things but my GP was reluctant to offer me anything else so have agreed to give it go. I hope this sorts things out as I have gone from a very positive, up beat person to miserable  :'(

It would be nice to know that this is 'normal'

Thanks for reading my story

Naomi

Taz2

Re: Noomi Newbie
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 08:23:16 AM »

Hi Naomi - I haven't got time for a long post at the minute but just wanted to welcome you to the forum and to say that the symptoms you are experiencing are definitely normal and you are not going mad!!

Have a good look around the site - there is lots of info on HRT in the menu on the left of the screen and loads to discover in our posts.

Well done in keeping so positive through all of your treatment - you really have been through the mill. You will find lots of friendship and support on here. Fingers crossed that you can tolerate the patches. I am sure that you will soon begin to feel loads better.

Taz  :welcomemm:

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 08:39:42 AM »

Hi Naomi Noomi

Welcome from me too and sorry to hear about your problems.

Just to add that if you find you are allergic to the patches then you can always use gel - available as Estrogel or Sandrena. I haven't used this but it is applied daily ( or twice daily). A bit less convenient than patches but a good alternative once you get the knack of applying it so that you get the right dose (so I understand)

Hurdity x

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 09:30:01 AM »

Hello Naomi.
Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you've had a rough ride lately.
This site is the best place to be for help and information so take heart, you are not alone.
Wishing you well.
K.

Noomi71

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 08:32:35 PM »

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your replies.

Phew, it's great to know everything I have experienced is 'normal'.

Just started my second week on HRT and so far so good. The hot flashes have reduced significantly and I am able to sleep better, though still not through the night. My mood swings are not as severe but I still have very low days but I am sure this will settle too.

And best of all so far I have not reacted to the 'sticky' patches, though getting them to stay stuck on is proving problematic!

Naomi x  ;D

ANGEL66

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 09:21:15 PM »

Hi Naomi  :) 

Welcome to the forum.  I'm new here myself and just about to start on Qlaira (an hrt type pill).  Sorry to hear about the problems you've had. I'm also called Naomi  :)

I hope everything goes well for you and you start to get some relief on the patches.  Another lady on here mentioned to me about a gel called Sandrina but I'm very new to all of this and have never used it.  But I'm sure some of the other ladies can advise you on that, if you need to use it in place of the patches.

Good luck and take care,  NAOMI  :)