Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Loss of my marriage due to Menopause  (Read 37847 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Loss of my marriage due to Menopause
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2013, 03:58:07 PM »

My gut feeling was 'love' - doesn't figure here ............ I see sadly that you have found that out since I read your previous posting. You may love him but he has apparently, moved on.  Try to remain dignified but give him his marching orders - he can help with the pets with somneone or from somewhere else, either with a new friend or from a flat close by.  Or maybe his new life-style means that he opts out of pet care too, if he is serfing elsewhere .........

Get him out of your house, even if it means paying a sitter to help with your pets.  I take it you are in the US, certainly outside of Europe? despite the 'e' .........

Perhaps a Vet. Student/Nurse would help with the pets? 

I don't think your menopause features here at all.  I think that is a convenient excuse!  :-\

honeybun

« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2013, 06:26:31 PM »

Perhaps it's a joint property. Who says or decides who has to move. At least it's only pets, although of course they are important. It could be worse if there were children. Then the woman has the right to the family home but if it's just a couple.  :-\

It's very difficult for anyone to give marital advice as SuziQ said. We only hear one side and really have little right to tell anyone what to do.

As they used to say....who knows what goes on behind closed doors.

Honeyb
X

Ju Ju

« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2013, 07:12:52 PM »

I send you my love.

When people behave badly it is never, never about you. It is about  them and the 'bad' place they are in. People in a 'good' place emotionally never choose to be abusive either emotionally or physically. We all suffer in the course of our lives, but it is a choice to whether to behave well or badly, even when someone decides that they no longer wish to continue in a relationship.

Your soul, inner essence or whatever you wish to call it, is intact. You will survive, with support. I hope you can understand what I am trying to say. I have been supported through difficult times by both a psychotherapist and a life coach, who gave me the same messages from different angles.

Rose

« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2013, 01:00:50 AM »

Hi Annie, I totally agree with Ju Ju and you will survive this because you are in touch with who you are and want to be. You have spirit and although you may wish to remain friends with your husband (which may happen, in time) he is pushing away which is hurtful. As Ju Ju says it's he who is in a bad place at the moment and if you accept that, then you don't need to be hurt by his behaviour but keep going along your own path. You will come through this, stronger and find that there are people who will be there for you, even strangers. Keep going, Annie and even if you go to a marriage counsellor on your own, you may begin to see things differently. I just want you to know that there are many of us who are willing you on to a better life.

annieh

« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2013, 02:50:30 AM »

Thank you ju ju and Rose! Because I have been able to talk through so many emotions right now on this website, I have found an interesting side of me that I didn't know I could do. I was able to write a letter of my emotions and feelings today without being judgmental and angry. I was able to put things into perspective as how I saw them. Here is the interesting part.....After reading what I wrote in my letter, I took a long pause and thought about what I was saying. I realized that my perceptions were caught between reality and illusion. My illusion that my partner was out just having a grand ole time without a care for my feelings and emotions were probably just that. So I had to give full consideration to this thinking process for my own behalf.

I gave credit to this thinking in my letter, which resulted exactly as I had thought, there was something else going on that I did not see. My partner allowed a 2 week time period to be without restraints and limitations as I had been the focus for the past 2 years. Which is right, I was, I cannot deny this. For what I was viewing as less than caring for my own emotions, I did not take the moment out to think that there is always another side of emotions for the other person. All I saw was my partner not taking time to heal and work through things, this is what I thought I was seeing, that is farthest from the truth. I had thought there was nothing but drinking going on and carrying on like a young 21 year old going out to the dance clubs for the first time. I was not aware there was a lot of time sitting talking to friends and working through personal thoughts. HUGE lesson on my part!

I am realizing that our minds think in such ways that do not make sense all the time, lord knows I have experienced my fair share of this type of thinking. It's amazing how many enlightenment's I am receiving from this situation. Each day is bringing more and more things to think differently about, to react differently, to take a different look at a thought, an action, etc etc. I am reminded of a saying I read once, " I am perfectly Imperfect"!! This gives me the freedom to make mistakes, work through them, and move on to the next challenge.

Gotta tell ya, building up a mental and emotional tool bucket is not easy work! Learning which tools to use at different given times can be just as tricky, sometimes you use a combination of tools. lol I am grateful to you all in here, allowing me to express the truths of my life and what I face, what I conquer what I learn, what I have to yet learn.   Life is forever changing and so are our challenges we face. Sometimes we just need to get off the merry-go-round for a moment and catch our breath so we can hop back on it again and continue on. I just wanted to thank you all for being who you are perfectly without having to be anything else differently! You are an inspiration to me and I, for one, are very grateful to you!

with love  :-*
Ann

Ju Ju

« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2013, 08:51:19 AM »

Whatever happens, I believe you will come out of this a stronger, happier person. You have been forced to take stock and you are discovering what an amazing, wonderful person you really are. However painful things feel now, it can be the beginning of an exciting journey.  :)

CLKD

« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2013, 08:43:08 PM »

I think we can get into the habit of pat responses ........ without really thinking our answers through.  The odd 'grunt' in reply, the late response to a query or statement .........

It takes a lot of dedication to really listen to another person.  Some people have the listening 'gene' but the rest of us have to learn as we go along. 

annieh

« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2013, 06:38:30 AM »

I think we can get into the habit of pat responses ........ without really thinking our answers through.  The odd 'grunt' in reply, the late response to a query or statement .........

It takes a lot of dedication to really listen to another person.  Some people have the listening 'gene' but the rest of us have to learn as we go along.

Very true, add pain and hurt and you have a mixture of convoluted thinking sometimes.. I am perfectly imperfect, striving always to be a better thinker :)

CLKD

« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2013, 09:08:50 AM »

This morning my brain is beyond sensible thought  :-\

Suzi Q

« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2013, 11:58:54 PM »

I just live day by day week by week month by month?
IN th sure and certain kwledge that I love my hubbie son and entire family
To me everyting else comes last!

Rose

« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2013, 11:29:29 PM »

Hi Annie, how have you been getting on? Was just wondering how things are and if the medication you've been given is still helping?

annieh

« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2013, 12:30:24 AM »

Hi Annie, how have you been getting on? Was just wondering how things are and if the medication you've been given is still helping?

Hi Rose,
Thank you for asking about me... I am doing a lot better. Each day that goes by I am learning more and more about me and still realizing that hurt is hurt no matter the circumstances. I try hard each day to find my place in this world and look for something positive and uplifting. I am still taking the natural herbs to help me along, they seem to be doing well. I hope you are doing well and things are looking brighter in your world too!! Blessings
Annie

Rose

« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2013, 09:00:13 AM »

Hi Annie, really glad you are feeling better, health wise. The hurt will take longer. Was thinking about you and wondered if you've ever read 'Healing through the dark emotions' by Miriam Greenspan. You are pretty in touch with your emotions and this is a wonderful book that really helps. As for me, I have been told I have vulvodynia  and the vaginal atrophy still gives me hell. I am still searching for answers but I'll get there!

annieh

« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2013, 03:21:10 PM »

Hi Annie, really glad you are feeling better, health wise. The hurt will take longer. Was thinking about you and wondered if you've ever read 'Healing through the dark emotions' by Miriam Greenspan. You are pretty in touch with your emotions and this is a wonderful book that really helps. As for me, I have been told I have vulvodynia  and the vaginal atrophy still gives me hell. I am still searching for answers but I'll get there!

I will have to look into this book, thank you for the suggestion! I keep sending you healing thoughts and love.. I am so very sorry you are having to go through all this. It would be nice if they could find a way to relieve your sufferings and help you with a better physical self. Hope is such a strong and powerful word, I use it daily for all of us!

hugs!
Annie

Rose

« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2013, 10:37:44 PM »

Hi Annie, that book is good because it tells you how to deal with painful emotions instead of burying them. I thought about you as you are someone who wants to get through this by facing the pain and yet being positive. Yes Hope is the key and I know that we will get through this. Hope you are having a great weekend.
Rose x
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]