Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: What are your weirdest menopause symptoms?  (Read 52883 times)

SunshineCEN

Re: What are your weirdest menopause symptoms?
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2013, 09:51:36 AM »

Hello everyone

I'm brand new here and this is my v first post, I was going to post elsewhere but was so relieved to read all these weird symptoms I just wanted to add a 'Yay for weird symptoms' to the list.  I live in Austria and am overrun with interested doctors because the healthcare system is excellent, but I am really missing out on sharing oddness with others - my German is not good enough and most of my friends are still having babies. I'm 44 so I'm still having those 'OMG! It's all falling into place!' moments.

My strangest ones are actually, reading these, pretty normal but I totally empathise with the lady who experiences shame and sends daft text messages apologising for something that was probably totally fine...I do that ALL the time.  I'm not afraid of driving but I am definitely more wary of it, especially here where we drive on the right  :)  Also the palpitations like my heart is about to burst out of my bra, that's horrible, aching joints but only on the right hand side, little electric shocks across my diaphragm and also on my scalp! ha ha and thanks to my memory loss I can't even remember half the flamin' symptoms!!  Please keep posting them, it's a HUGE relief to see other people are having the same crazy experiences!  ;D

Hi S_T  :welcomemm:

Please do introduce yourself at new members where you will get a warm welcome from all these lovely ladies and lots of advice and shared experiences -all reassuring that you are not alone.

I too have the electric shocks over my scalp, noise in my right ear and tingling in the outer extremities of my body for good measure!! As for short term memory - what was I saying again?! Look forward to sharing more. Sunshine x   :)

Tabbycat

Re: What are your weirdest menopause symptoms?
« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2013, 06:26:30 PM »

Cal, I've had the (non-)swallowing thing for years and it's still the most frightening experience.

Those adrenalin rushes you have sound like panic attacks, not surprising if you're suffering from anxiety (I get that too, but it goes back to way before the meno symptoms started).

Some days I just get so fed up of it all I get snappy with myself! Honest, I sometimes have this internal dialogue going:

- I'm aching/tired/sore [or insert today's symptom]
- Oh, FFS just shut up, you're boring!

???
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]