Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Can you use ovestin ceam AND replens ? ( maybe hurdity or ckld?!)  (Read 19633 times)

Suzi Q

Re: Can you use ovestin ceam AND replens ? ( maybe hurdity or ckld?!)
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 01:58:56 AM »

I did post but its vanished?
Dont mix them inside what ever you do
I did thought Id try Sylk on a day not usieng Vagifem
I burnt to buggary inside took 2 weeks to heal
Still to Vagifem inside it will work it takes between 6 to 6 months for sex to become OK again
So take it easy dont rush your body is more important that a bit of rumpety OK
Take it from one who kows 1000000000% LOVE sUZI q

Tingly

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 07:25:07 PM »

Cheers suzi
Am hoping meno clinic give me vagifem instead of ovestin, it sound better to me
Tried orthogynest pessaries years ago when i had undetermined flare up, but fely like battery acid..maybe thats why they gave me ovestin
To be honest i thought it was supposed to work within 2 weeks and then you went on maintenance dose, thats why i thought it might not be working for me, i am 11 days in on 14 day initial dose

Ir also says on leaflet internal use only.., so are you saying dont put a blob on urethra.

Also, is it ok to drink tea n coffee ?

As for bedroom fumblings anpm afraid i totally lost all urge a couple of years ago1. Fortunately my husband who is many years older also did ...so no pressure there as such.

Any more advice/input/info gratefully received...i am desperate and worried
Xxxx
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 07:27:06 PM by Tingly »

Hurdity

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2013, 07:40:34 PM »

Hi Tingly - sorry not to reply - have been on hols but you have had fantastic response from everyone else.

Just to say like Katy I do use Vagifem (for internal) as well as vaginal cream ( Gynest) for rubbing in the external areas which sometimes get a bit sore - so try to get them to prescribe both. For me this is in addition to full HRT ( Oestrogen patches and Utrogestan). I liked the Orthgynest pessaries but the ingredients will affect different women differently. I am only on Vagifem because I need them for when I use the Utrogestan vaginally and they won't prescribe all 3!!

I have no experience of Replens but if it's a moisturiser there shouldn't be a problem - but maybe the ingredients react together and irritate some women? Best try it and see.

Internal use - means it's for the vaginal area not a general cream to rub in anywhere on the body (!) - the urethra is part of this area which has many oestrogen receptors so the cells will benefit from added oestrogen where this is low. No it won't close up!!!

Not sure what you mean about tea and coffee - they are diuretics so tend to increase frequency anyway??

Hurdity x

Tingly

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2013, 08:49:28 PM »

Hi Hurdity
Thanks for the clarification re internal use... It seems i was taking this a bit literally then!!
Question regarding tea n coffee was because my gp said not to drink them anymore incase it irritates...so i just wanted to check

I was told to use the vagifem for 14 days and fo to twice weekly, but ive only got sun and monday remaining of the initial period, and then its twice weekly.
Because its not gone yet , do youthink i should take it for another full week??

Also thanks for clearing the question up re urethra closing up, i know its a mad question but i was thinking alongthe lines if i fattened it up too much it would close the hole up!!!! Glad this is nt the case

Blimey my lack of knowledge is a bit embarrassing  really, but the older i get the less sure i am....plus i hate looking n touching down there these days!!

Suzi Q

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2013, 01:04:07 PM »

Do another full week last year as Ive said time and again youd have been on 25x14
They put me on 25x3weeks then every other night for 2 weeks my atorphy was very bad
Then I do Sun and Thur Im still useing 2x25 they are still available here
There was no 10m only 25  dose has gone from 14x25= 350 0ver 2 weeks to 14x10=140
Vast difference and for people like me who only take Vagifem its all I have to rely on and at 59
There would be no way even if I wanted knowone would give me HRT now after 18yrs no periods
GO ask for Vagifem I found that Ovestrin after being inside me fore 10years oddly irritated outside
So I bought NIlstin ovedr the counter and its brilliant it soothes outside and keeps it moist

Tingly

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2013, 06:03:51 PM »

Great , thanks suzi
I am on 15 g so 3 weeks is about right
Sorry i didnt know youd explained this before, i hadnt read it anywhere

Regards
Tingly
Xxx

honeybun

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2013, 06:41:36 PM »

Tingly.

What dose of Vagifem have they given you. Mine are 10mg. You can't get 25 here any more.

Hurdity can I ask as I don't quite understand. You say you use Vagifem because you need them when you use the utrogestan. Don't get that. I am using Vagifem,but have changed from night to morning because I don't want to use them both at the same time.

Maybe I have mis read or more likely just being thick.  ;D

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2013, 07:14:58 PM »

Sorry only just seen this  ::)

I use KY jelly on any itchy parts 'down there'.  Savlon on my itchy anus.  Ovestin pessaries every 3/4th night.

Tingly

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2013, 07:34:12 PM »

You know, this teally is a brill website...thanks ever so much for all your advice
For the record i am on 15 mg of ovestin, two hormonin a day(which i somehow think hasnt altered anything down below one bit..i'd like to reduce it but darent now), and i take utrogestan orally 12 days a month 200mg,

In fact id like to come off hormonin and utrogest cos i have very little in the way of other symptoms, but just have ovestin/vagifem down below but i dont think thatll be possible somehow!!

Xxxxx

Hurdity

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2013, 09:08:05 PM »

Hurdity can I ask as I don't quite understand. You say you use Vagifem because you need them when you use the utrogestan. Don't get that. I am using Vagifem,but have changed from night to morning because I don't want to use them both at the same time.

Maybe I have mis read or more likely just being thick.  ;D

Honeyb
X

Haha! No not being thick - I didn't explain properly so here we go: I preferred orthogynest pessaries but when I started using utrogestan ( vaginally) someone on here suggested doing the topical oestrogen ( ie the pessaries) in the morning as I didn't want to put them both up there at once! Anyway the gory details are that the pessaries are a not only a bit messier (OK to ooze out overnight) but also shall I say it's difficult to keep them in while rushing about all day so they don't stay up there long enough to do their job!! (had children so not so strong there!). Therefore I changed to Vagifem as everyone on here said they are tiny and stick to the vag walls so better for morning use. When not on the Utrogestan I do the vagifem in the evening as others do....

Tingly - you can;t compare the quantity of estradiol in vagifem that Suzi is talking about, with the quantity of estriol in Ovestin as they are different hormones. However both have the loading period of 2 weeks followed by twice weekly use - which as Suzi has said - some women need for longer.

In your case, because you take oestrogen systemically you may well find that once you are "loaded" with the oestrogen locally ( ie vag) then twice weekly with ovestin is enough. We are all different so the best thing is to try it and see for the 3 weeks. I think I have explained before thst I read that estriol stimulates different oestrogen receptors in the vaginal area from estradiol, but does the same job.

Hope it all begins to work properly soon!

Hurdity X

Tingly

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2013, 09:16:36 PM »

Thanks Hurdity
So what we are saying that estriol (ovestin) and estrodiol both work on different receptors so are kind of equal .

Ps just read my ovestin box and it says ovestin 1mg cream, estriol 1mg in 1g but the chemists label says 15g.so although i know now you cant compare strengths, just for the record i am on 1 mg
I wonder if my other receptors need livening up abit?!!!!
Thanks Hurdity
I am most grateful
X

Hurdity

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2013, 03:28:39 PM »

I wonder if my other receptors need livening up abit?!!!!

Haha!

From what I've read the doses of estriol or estradiol have been worked out so that they have the equivalent effect. So - whatever dose is recommended for estriol - in the ovestin or the Gynest - shoukd have the same effect as the equivalent dose of estradiol in Vagifem, Both hormones do the plumping up - and if more is needed then just use more of the one you are using if you see what I mean? I only use both because I can rub the cream into extenral bits.

Hurdity x

Tingly

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2013, 06:01:42 PM »

I get it thanx. So much conflicting info re strengths and vagifem being stronger tahn ovestin etc, but thats cleared it up for me
Thanks again
Pages: 1 [2]