Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Experiences with Premique  (Read 8791 times)

Tabbycat

Experiences with Premique
« on: August 05, 2013, 06:01:38 PM »

I went on HRT a few months ago and am keen to hear other people's experiences of Premique.

I'm 51 and was trying to go as long as I could without resorting to HRT but a couple of months ago I gave in - the joint aches were the worst, plus no energy and basically just feeling worn out, anxious and ill the whole time. I was also having what I think were the start of hot flushes - more like a gentle glow than anything too bad but they were weird and came out of nowhere.

My GP put me on Premique Low Dose which I took for a month, but to be honest I felt no different so she put me on the full strength type. I've just started my third pack so in a couple of weeks I will have to go back to her and decide whether I want to keep taking it, try something else or give up altogether - I've never got on with artificial hormones, the pill gave me headaches and terrible depression so I'm being very cautious about it all.

Anyway, so far I feel a little better - the joint aches have definitely improved (but not gone completely), the hot flushes have stopped (although I still have very low tolerance of heat) but that's about it for the pluses. The anxiety is till there, coupled with odd bouts of depression and lethargy. My breasts are permanently sore, I still have no libido and the "spotting" is really getting me down (I bled for seven days during the second week, and now it's just random for two or three days at a time).

So I'm keen to know from other Premque users, are things likely to improve or is this as good as it gets? Are the side effects (breast soreness, spotting) likely to stop eventually if I keep taking it?

Sorry for the long post, and thanks for reading!

bramble

Re: Experiences with Premique
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 09:24:52 PM »

Hi TC,
I was on Premique medium dose for about 3 years, then on the low dose for a year then stopped. I found Premique was the best of the bunch as far as HRT went. Fair dos, it didn't have me shouting from the rooftops but it did give me back a quality of life that I didn't have before. There ain't no wonder drug and you just have to make the best of it. I do remember it did take me about 3-4 months before I got the full benefit of it.

Hope this helps,
Bramble

Tabbycat

Re: Experiences with Premique
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 06:33:04 PM »

Thanks for that Bramble, I'll give it a bit longer than. Did you get spotting too? TBH, that's the one thing that's getting me down.

When I first started taking it, I felt really irritable - like bad PMT. However, years ago I discovered a really good Chinese herbal medicine (it's purely herbal, no endangered species - I checked!) which I used to take for PMT/hormonal imbalance so I went back on that and felt a lot better.