Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Back appointment at last  (Read 23957 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Back appointment at last
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2013, 07:17:34 PM »

;D  my posture is AWFUL these days, I see myself in a shop window  :o and was caught on camera yesterday  :-\ - DH needs to remind me to 'pull those shoulders back'  :poke2:

You may benefit from a shoe raise, either in the heel area inside the shoe or on the underside so that your back doesn't compensate.

Rowan

« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2013, 10:03:10 AM »

Trey, on your always very good advice I have bought a  Super-pulsed Cold Laser Therapy Soft Laser Pain Relief Therapy LLLT, awaiting delivery.

I may avoid pain relief injections yet :)

Trey

« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2013, 05:45:15 PM »

I have been layering friends and they all report great relief.  One whose back was out for weeks is now pain free.  His doctor approved first.  Will be so nice to hear a good report for you SL.

Rowan

« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2013, 11:40:22 AM »

Here is a youtube on the powerful Super pulsed cold laser therapy pain relief LLLT. I have bought. ( the LLLT part is most important!)

I must say that it was not cheap in fact it was very expensive, but to me I think it is going to be worth it and to me my health is certainly worth it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VocXsehAb2c

http://online.liebertpub.com/doi/abs/10.1089/pho.2004.22.323?journalCode=pho

Where you can get treatment on NHS

http://ukitl.com/page619.html

Trey

« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2013, 06:31:04 PM »

Laser is becoming more known in US.  The first real awareness is in saving race horses with damaged ligaments or tendons.  Many horses are saved because of the effect of laser which strengthens the tissue as well as reduces inflammation. Also laser kills MRSA which now occurs in over 50% of orthopedic surgeries in US.  My surgeon said he'd never seen such healing as after I had broken my kneecap in five pieces.  I am now playing tennis, when it was expected I'd never walk normally again.  So I'm sure you will get impressive results and so nice to know there has never been a bad side effect in forty years of use.

Rowan

« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2014, 03:49:40 PM »

Have left a message to say I am cancelling my pain injections on Monday ( thought I would go in person instead of doing it on the phone) when I go to the hospital, I was due to have the procedure done on the 14th.

I am so please I took Treys advice and bought a Cold Light Laser, and already I am feeling the results have not taken any ibuprofen since the 21st of December.

I have booked a telephone appointment with my GP ( she is so busy) to explain and tell her all about the Laser and have collected a lot of published "papers" to show her when I can next get in to see her.

OH is impressed too and wants to have some treatments on his foot after the results of the Xray

It cost an awful lot of money, but as Trey says money well spent.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 03:27:05 PM by silverlady »

Rowan

« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2014, 11:53:13 AM »

Update

Pain and discomfort gone, I have been using the laser twice a day for 5 mins, tomorrow I start once a day on for the next two weeks, it is tempting to stop treatment as my lower back is so much better but will finish the 21 days course.

There are so many complaints that the laser will treat, migraine, even wrinkles! you have to wear the opaque glasses for any treatment on the face.

For those sceptical I can only say you have to try it to be convinced, there are many many "papers" published on the effectiveness of LLLT.

I feel in control of my health now and so glad that I do not have to rely on drugs to have relief from pain and discomfort.

More info

http://www.hiddenrhythmacupuncture.com/What%20is%20Cold%20Laser%20Therapy/What%20is%20Cold%20Laser%20Therapy.html

Its a shame that the NHS don't invest in it more.

Trey

« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2014, 12:57:00 AM »

I use the laser for all aches and pain, including prolapse, ligaments, my busted kneecap, SI joint, neck, TMJ and on and on.  So glad it is helping you.  My dogs wag their tails and back up to it so I can use it on their arthritic hips, sore paws or basically anything.  My vet says all her dogs, cats love it.  It is so safe and the drug companies will fight it.  Our national institute of health is recognizing it more and more thank goodness.  I take mine everywhere I go when RV ing, etc.

So glad you are feeling better.  Oh, I mention dogs and cats because this eliminates the placebo effect and is proof of efficacy.

Ju Ju

« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2014, 06:56:01 AM »

This is a very interesting thread. Thank you. I am assuming the laser is very expensive, but if it means avoiding drugs and all that entails, it will be worth it. Can you give some indication of cost? I am thinking it may be of help for my husband's back. He fell off a motor bike at 70 miles an hour at age 19 and though at the time he thought he was ok, age and stress has shown all is not well. He manages it very well, with regular chiropractic appointments, appropriate exercise, but at times he is in pain.

Rowan

« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2014, 09:31:44 AM »

Ju ju

Powerful Super pulsed cold laser therapy pain relief LLLT  (Handy Cure)

£399 plus £14.99 package and posting

From Ebay    they are made in Israel where a lot of research is carried out.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 10:05:09 AM by silverlady »

Ju Ju

« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2014, 12:13:29 PM »

Thanks. It will be interesting to see how you get on with it. I don't consider that expensive for what it does. I've spent a lot of money in the past looking for help with my health issues, with no real relief. I don't regret it though. I think you should follow any sensible avenue.

Trey

« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2014, 04:42:28 PM »

I was told by a leading neurosurgeon that I would spend the rest of my life in a wheelchair in 1981 per my MRIs etc.  I am playing high level tennis and living normally.  But I use the laser probably three or four times a week.  Blew a disk a fee months ago and took almost three weeks to get well, but get well I did with my laser.  I own one for $7000.00 USD and a less powerful one for $3000.00.  I would go without any luxury to afford my laser as pain ruins everything anyway.  Very important to get the right ones.  Mine is similar to SLs.

Traveling in RV right now and used it on older dogs last night and she wagged her tail in anticipation of pain relief.  Not limping this morning.

Read up on it and learn how it works.  So important not to get a toy as many companies oversell.

Ju Ju

« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2014, 04:55:23 PM »

That's good advice. I'm not thinking about it for the immediate future, but good to know if hubbie's condition detoriates. Spelling have gone to pot. I shall do some research. It's wonderful about your recovery. After an experience like that do you find you put more value on life?

Rowan

« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2014, 10:34:47 AM »

Anyone interested in learning more

Rejuvenation: Using the Power of Light to Increase Vitality, Energy and Healing by Dr Lawrence DelRe.

You can get it from amazon uk.

Rowan

« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2014, 03:33:01 PM »

Went to a physiotherapy appointment at the private hospital courtesy of the NHS. I has a full assessment, and told them of my success with the cold light laser( they do know all about them and how they can heal bone breaks that are not healing)

Anyway I told her about the consultants remark about one leg being shorter then the other, so out came the tape measure and it turns out they are both the same length! She did some more evaluation and examination and said its my pelvis that is slightly higher on one side which is giving the appearance of my left leg seeming to be about just under 1cm shorter. My osteopath suggested this too, she also said that it happens if you have carried to heavy shopping, or when women balance babies on one hip, its nothing unusual.
So I have been given an heel instep to wear in my left shoe and told not to do any of the exercises and continue with the Laser, I have to go back in five weeks to report how things are going.

Hardly think about my lower left back now, just a tiny positional twinge now and then and I am continuing applying laser fro 5mins a day.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5