Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan Update!  (Read 8370 times)

Liz

Utrogestan Update!
« on: July 21, 2013, 03:42:53 PM »

Hi - I thought I would give you ladies an update on my change from FemSeven Sequi patches to Estradot and Utrogestan.

Before I changed I had terrible problems on the Progesterone part of the FemSeven Sequi.  Felt low, irritable, anxious, not interested in anything.  Was fine on the Oestrogen patches, but went down every month on the Prog phase.

I went to my GP and requested Utrogestan, combined with Estradot patches.  She prescribed me this, as she was hopeful it would help me.

I've now come to the end of my first month on the Estradot/Utrogestan.  I've been taking Utrogestan orally on days 15-26 of my cycle.

I'm a new woman! Even booked a holiday abroad with hubby (not really felt like going abroad for a while).  Bought a new bikini and clothes.  Feel interested in things again, much less anxiety.

I wanted to tell you of my experience so far and hope it helps someone who may be thinking of trying Utrogestan.

Spangles

Re: Utrogestan Update!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 04:21:50 PM »

Hi
This sounds really positive, I'm also having problems settling on the progesterone but the problem for me is the anxiety and depression, not to mention the upset stomach! I am taking citalopram for this and also just changed hrt to femseven so I need to give that a chance I think but the utrogestan is an option, how do you take it? As I have read of some women taking it vaginally?
Good luck with this
Shellb
xXx

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 04:46:53 PM »

I am on this too and am using it vaginally. Think I am going to be on of the strange ones. I feel better while taking this progesterone than when I am on the oestrogen phase alone.

I will go with the sequi regime for three months but if the pattern continues then I will ask to go on a conti regime so I can have the utrogestan every day.

Trust me to be odd.

Honeyb
X

Liz

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 08:51:16 PM »

Hi Shellb - I am taking the Utrogestan orally on days 15-26 of my cycle.  Sleeping really well, too. 

Delilah

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 03:34:46 PM »

Hi liz

I'm really interested to know how you get on with this hrt as i'm considering changing to a bioidentical type myself. I'm currently on femoston 2/10 which i am finding ok but its taken a long time to feel good again, nearly 2 years. I'm also taking an AD which i'm keen to come off, but not sure how my bodys going to react when i do.

I dont have stomach problems which seems to be one of the reasons ladies change to transdermal/bioidentical but having read mia lundens book it appears to be a more natural way of treating the menopause symptoms long term and also seems to ptoduce positive results.  I am ,as you can imamgine though, really nervous of messing about with my meds and undoing whats taken so long to achieve.

Hope you'll keep us up to date with how you're getting on and hope all goes well for you.

Delilah x

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 04:47:10 PM »

Hey Liz Glad it seems to be going well - hope it continues!

Hi Delilah - yes it is a more natural way of doing it - apart from a brief foray with Evorel sequi for my first three months on HRT I have only ever used bio-identical/transdermal (no oral) HRT for this reason (6 years) - and research increasingly tends to support this view in the main.

I understand coming off ADs can be done through micro-tapering if necessary - if your meds come as a syrup - or at least very small amount at a time. Your body will require a little re-adjustment from pills to patches but hopefully you will benefit in the long term.

How old are you and how far into meno?

Hurdity x

Delilah

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 11:48:56 PM »

Hi hurdity
I'm nearly 51 and not really sure how far along i am but i think about 4 yrs going from the time i started missing periods, then the aches started until anxiety, panic attacks and other emotional symptoms. As i said i've been on hrt now for 2 years and its taken this long to actually start feeling more like me again.

I've recently reduced my Ads and hope to reduce further until i can hopefully come off completely, maybe that will be the best time to think about  changing hrt. Can you tell me what sort of adjustments can i expect if i change ? Its a bit of a worry when its taken so long to feel anything like mormal.

Thanks for your advice.
Delilah x

Clovie

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 07:17:10 AM »

Hey that's fantastic Liz!! :spin:
So pleased that utrogestan is working for you too!

We were both affected by the synthetic progesterones causing us to have psychological symptoms - and we have both found success on utrogestan!!
Brilliant!! xx

Meg

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 12:05:07 AM »

Dear Liz

So glad you have found a good combination.  What dose are you on for patches and the uterogestan?  Hope you continue to feel much better.

Meg

Meg

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 12:08:56 AM »

Sorry Liz,

Have just scrolled down to you other post so have spotted your dose there.
Am glad you are finding this progesterone better for you though.

Meg

Liz

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 06:22:21 AM »

Thanks Meg - I've got my bleed on the "right day" too, so that's a bonus.

I'd definitely recommend any "progesterone-sensitive" ladies to look into the Utrogestan. It's been far kinder to me so far.

honeybun

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2013, 01:00:31 PM »

I stopped my utrogestan on Thursday but no bleed yet. I have cramp and feel generally rubbish but nothing else is happening.

I wonder if being on a conti HRT for so long means that there has not been enough time for anything to build up enough to warrant a bleed.

The cramp is annoying though and I am a bit.   >:(

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2013, 06:14:05 PM »

Sorry Honeybun - It's horrible when you can feel it building but then nothing happens.

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2013, 06:57:16 PM »

Started woohoo.

Who would have thought I would be so pleased. Hurts though. I was just a bit concerned that it was not doing what it was meant to.

Honeyb
X

Hurdity

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2013, 10:08:49 PM »

It must be a shock having cramps and bleeding after all this time but good that the progesterone is doing its job. You may only have a light bleed and so hopefully not too painful. Mine always comes 2-3 days after stopping the Utro - even though my cycle is longer.

Hurdity x