Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Grrrrrrr men!  (Read 10919 times)

Joyce

Grrrrrrr men!
« on: July 05, 2013, 10:40:19 AM »

I know we had topic on things husbands do which annoy us, Honeybun started it I think, but can't find, so sorry for starting new one.
This morning hubby was doing his own ironing, great, no problem there. Then as he came to several pairs of trousers complains that they were all inside out. Yeh, that's how I wash them! No I don't usually turn them right sides out again.
Then son phones to ask if I still had his old Scalextric set & could I take it out of loft. He came & picked it up as he was going to give to someone at work. No not sell, give away. Just phoned again & said we were getting it back to store as he couldn't  bare to part with it! Grrrrrrrr

Taz2

Re: Grrrrrrr men!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 02:37:51 PM »

Hubby... ironing? Nope.. I'm sorry... can't quite put these two words together in my house  ;D ;D

I can feel your frustration CG!

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 02:56:51 PM »

The last time my hubby ironed I took a photograph just to remind me that he actually knew what an iron was.

Actually I was just thinking the other day how nice it must be to open a drawer and find washed and ironed clothes just there as if by magic.

That's me.....the laundry fairie.    ;D

Honeyb
X

Cazikins

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 03:26:44 PM »

Hubby... ironing? Nope.. I'm sorry... can't quite put these two words together in my house  ;D ;D
Taz x

Nope, me neither Taz.  ;D

I stopped ironing on a regular basis years ago, as I was fed up with ironing hubbys T shirts, hanging them up in the wardrobe & then only to have hubby wear them for 2 - 3 hours in an evening, then chucking them on the bedroom floor in a heap - then wearing them the next evening for another couple of hours then doing the same again.....
MEN.  >:(

catlady

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 06:16:53 PM »

I'm lucky, my hubby does the ironing!   :)   It's only because I have fibro though
and find it painful,  don't think he would have gone near an iron otherwise. ::)

My son keep his motorbike in a shed in our garden, he keeps his and his partners leathers,
boots and helmets in my spare bedroom,  Grrr I can hardly get in there.

Ann x

Limpy

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 07:28:55 PM »

Cubagirl - You have OH that does ironing, WOW, mine, doesn't ever do ironing.
Oh, and he does the thing about crumpling shirts up, after they've been worn once.
Quite an achievement really, given he put them on hangers.

lily

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 08:31:33 PM »

My hubby ironed once about 26 years ago! Distant memory now.  He forgot to put the bin out today and I never noticed before going to work - grrrr.  Son is on hols and I think hubby has decided to be messy in his absence - keep having to clear up after him!

Elena

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 11:17:09 PM »

Nope, men + ironing is a new one on me as well Cubagirl!

Joyce

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 07:00:23 PM »

Many moons ago I told all my lot to iron their own stuff as I was totally fed up doing all the ironing, so told them to do it.  Best move I ever made!  ;D

Limpy

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 07:19:18 PM »

Tried that CG.
OH's logic was, if it's clean, nothing else matters.
This was with, very very crumpled, cotton shirts.     :-\
He was going to go outside looking like that.    :o

honeybun

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 08:48:17 PM »

That was his cunning plan to get you to do his ironing Limpy.   ;D

They are not quite as daft as we think.

Honeyb
X

littleminnie

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2013, 08:59:36 PM »

When my son was at uni, he didn't iron anything. He just washed, dried on an airer then wore them.

Taz2

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013, 09:05:12 PM »

Three sons - two iron and one doesn't but the ones who iron have to wear a shirt and tie for work...

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2013, 09:21:07 PM »

I must have sickened our two kids as they put away their stuff crumpled & only iron if they want to wear something.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2013, 12:49:56 PM »

Mine drove into the wrong part of a car park last week  :o - the disabled entrance  ::) .... we've only lived in the town for 30 years  :-\.  As for housework, he does have a relationship with the hoovery-thingy but not the dishwasher or laundry equipment ....... he's good at hooking up the camper though  ;D
Pages: [1] 2