Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: dr made a mistake ?  (Read 48107 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: dr made a mistake ?
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2013, 08:44:26 PM »

Hip pain is in the groin.
Low back pain is over the area we call the hips ........ those muscles can feel tight too which gives soreness.  Sciatica can add to the pain and stiffness .........

kerrieann

« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2013, 09:15:18 PM »

clkd, about this hip and groin pain i am getting i noticed last night when lying on my side that if i  press my hand on my hip joint it feels really sore, do you think that could be inflammation ?
I have been using ice but only on the bottom of my back and its not really helping, do you think i should try putting ice packs on my hips ?  kerrie

CLKD

« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2013, 09:17:18 PM »

That could be muscular rather than boney?  My 'hips' feel sore, that's sciatica when I've been laying still for too long and it does wake me  >:( ......... the pain deep inside seeps into my dreams and I struggle through until I'm awake so that I can move about.  You could try a bag of frozen peas on the painful area?

kerrieann

« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2013, 09:34:38 PM »

clkd, i have awful pain all day today, from my hip down to my ankle, feels like damn toothache, throbbing.
I have tried an ice pack on the bottom of my back but that did nothing, i haven't done much at all today so i have no idea whats brought it on,  any ideas ?  kerrie x

Firewalker50

« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2013, 11:16:11 PM »

Hi Kerriann

I read back that you had been to a chiro 8 times and with only a limited improvement.
When I walked before and now if my back is out, I feel as if I my hips are in a vice or solid box and my hip movement is limited.

I recognise the pain you refer to when pressing your hip joint.  My thighs (outer in particular) is is painfully sensitive.   However, I am trying to remember exactly what the consultant said - along the lines of the problem with the degenerative lower part of my spine causing it to irritate the nerves that run along the sacroiliac and to the hips and down (not exactly right - but think of the principle).   

Have you tried proper stretching or yoga exercises?   That was highly recommended by my chiro.  The spray magnesium I use also helps relax the muscles.   

I don't think there is an easy answer or a quick one much as it would be nice it there was.  It did take time and it is ongoing, which is not cheap, although now I go to the chiro maybe every month or two just to keep in line. 

The problem is, a long term mis-alignment cannot be fixed quickly, unfortunately.  It takes time to re-adjust.

Oh - I have just remembered.  My cousin's wife highly recommended a backpain book to me a fewmonths ago.  Why and how did I forget that???     Anyway, she had been told her back was not 'fixable' and she would be in pain for the rest of her life and so needed drugs etc.   Anyway, she heard of the book followed it completely and says she has no issues at all now.  She walked the West Highland Way on two occasions - and that is no mean feat! 

Let me find the name of the book and I will post it - might be helpful to other sufferers too.

Fx

Rowan

« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2013, 08:11:51 AM »

Will be grateful Firewalker for the book title  :)

Had to cancel my appointment this morning for massage and manipulation, as OH has just taken car into the garage, after our trip yesterday, a neighbour noticed the front under covering of the car was hanging off, he managed to unscrew it and then said the fan belt needed replacing.

Hoping to reschedule appointment.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 08:18:27 AM by silverlady »

CLKD

« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2013, 11:43:07 AM »

::) ..........

my sciatica sometimes runs down the outside of my thigh to the ankle or foot, missing the calf area.  Sometimes my lower back aches, like this morning when I was sorting out the chickens' grub - lifting a sack carefully I thought  ::) - it's easy for me to do something without thinking it through  :-\

Rowan

« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2013, 02:09:18 PM »

kerrieann

« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2013, 03:17:58 PM »

thanks all,  i have been thinking this morning  ::)  for the past 6 days i have taken a water tablet ( bendroflumethazide) every day, its taken for blood pressure along with olmesartan, normally i take it every other day as it drops my blood pressure too much, with  it being so hot i have been sweating more than normal, and i was reading that being dehydrated can defiantly cause joint pain, i remember the chiropractor telling me drink lots of water as well.
So basically 2 questions, am i defeating the object taking a water tablet to remove water, which lowers blood pressure an then upping my intake of water for other health issues  :-\
Second question has anyone else heard of dehydration causing joint pains.
Do hope someone replies as i would love to think that upping my water would help with these damn pains.

Rowan

« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2013, 03:38:28 PM »

Found this for you Kerrie

http://www.waterbenefitshealth.com/symptoms-of-chronic-dehydration.html

My joint pain is worse though in hot humid weather when my body retains water.

kerrieann

« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2013, 04:30:38 PM »

silverlady,  thanks for that,  i just can't get my head around the blood pressure thing, if i am given water tablets ie diuretics, to remove water, to lower blood pressure, then i drink a healthy amount of water which everyone says is good, then isn't it cancelling out the tablets ??

Rowan

« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2013, 05:07:07 PM »

I think you must talk to your GP about that Kerrie.

You are taking a blood pressure pill and a diuretic which both lower blood pressure, and your Doctor must have had a reason to prescribe these two drugs.

I don't think anyone is qualified on MM to give advice about this. 

Rowan

« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2013, 07:05:51 PM »

You need to keep drinking water Kerrie to keep hydrated especially in this hot weather. Drink when you are thirsty.

kerrieann

« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2013, 07:27:32 PM »

yes silverlady , i am trying to drink more water, as i don't drink an awful lot and after reading that not drinking enough water can cause joint pain, i decided to drink more, that's when i wondered if the diuretics would just remove the extra water anyway, so it wouldn't help my joints  :-\
I will speak to my doctor when i next go and ask him to explain.

CLKD

« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2013, 09:34:01 PM »

Why would being dehydrated cause joint pain?

With regards taking in enough liquid per 24 hours: check your urine colour!

The first P of the morning will be dark.  The next ones should be straw coloured = hydrated.  Any lighter and it's too much.  We often forget that we take in liquids in many 'forms' during the day, more so in the Winter probably.  But TOO much can be fatal. 

Also pinching the skin on the back of the hand is a 2nd-ary indicator  ...........

Do you need blood pressure tablets?  You may have White Coat Syndrome!

Time to have a chat with your Practice Nurse or GP. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14