Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Food for thought  (Read 2458 times)

Rowan

Food for thought
« on: October 21, 2013, 10:16:34 AM »

I found this interesting sort of "we are what we think"

http://drdavidhamilton.com/?p=1220

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Food for thought
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 01:16:01 PM »

Yep.  So much of our body processes happen automatically that I often feel that I host the rest of me  ::)  .... wonder what we would look like if we had glass bodies rather than skin to hold us together  ;D

Professor Sergeant in London worked on the premise that when depressed a patient's brain requires replacement of the chemicals missing or lacking.  He is not well thought of nowadays but having gone through pre-menstrual depression myself and later organic depression, I can understand the way he was working ..........

We are what we eat, we are what we think .......... flight or fight response being the basic instinct.

andius

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 04:10:24 PM »

Very interesting SL...Thanks!

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 05:07:14 PM »

Yes it is good to be reminded of this - it is so easy to think that the body is deficient in all sorts of things, when in fact in many cases part of the answer re well-being - is within ourselves.

I especially agree with the very important reminders about how the effect of stress, and outlook on life/attitude  - deeply affects body chemistry and therefore general well-being, in a complex interplay of some of these different hormones mentioned....

....Which is why at menopause when our female hormones are in decline, we need to look to improving our whole lifestyle (including diet and exercise as well as circumstances), at the same time as replacing deficient hormones. That way we can make the most of ourselves hopefully for longer.

Hurdity x