Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Magnesium  (Read 24779 times)

kerrieann

Re: Magnesium
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2013, 07:46:08 PM »

sorry your feeling so rubbish  :(  the magnesium tablets gave me a real upset stomach and nausea but i have really found the spray good, no side effects all and my mood has been soo much better, just a thought x  kerrie

moonbeam121167

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2013, 08:14:41 PM »

Hi how long will it take to get of my system, I took one yesterday and today I feel real bad, awful nausea, cant be bothered to do anything just want to sleep, my stomach is burning  and my head feels just total not with it, I want to cry  :'(

kerrieann

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2013, 08:59:21 PM »

do you think it's defiantly the magnesium making you feel so rough ? not anything else, i know that my stomach does not tolerate much in the way of vitamins etc and if i try things and they upset my stomach i try and drink as much water as possible for a few days to flush it through.
|I do hope you feel better soon, feeling nauseous is the most horrible feeling x kerrie

Taz2

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2013, 09:14:51 PM »

Sorry you are still feeling horrible Moonbeam. Can I ask who told you to take magnesium? Are you sure you actually need it?

I am not sure when the best time to take HRT pills is - I didn't last long on mine as they gave me stomach ache and made me feel sick plus I got bleeding all the time so I went back onto patches.

Taz x

moonbeam121167

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2013, 07:45:19 AM »

Hi  Taz2  been having headaches and after looking on here people said mag would help, today I am feeling real awfully, couldnt eat my breakfast, bad nausea burning in my stomach and miserable and today I had an horrible adrenaline surge, dont know what to do, HRT has been geat with all those symptoms till now, help please xx

honeybun

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2013, 08:09:07 AM »

Have you tried any antacids to try and calm your tummy down. Zantac or something a bit stronger.
You might have irritated your already delicate stomach and it can take a while to calm down.

I do sympathise, it's wrotten feeling this way.

Honeyb
X

Rowan

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2013, 08:16:21 AM »

Milk of magnesia has always been used for the symptoms that you describe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2352139/Milk-Magnesia-disappears-British-shelves-ingredients-fall-foul-EU-meddlers.html so much so that there was an outcry when it was taken of the shelves due to an European regulation, but is being brought back. I prefer the American version which is unsweetened, you can get it on amazon.

I am sure that magnesium per se is not the cause of your symptoms, what it can do is loosen your bowels if you take too much and make you go to the loo. It could be that the type and brand of magnesium you are taking does not agree with you, so you must stop them and if your symptoms continue make an appointment with your doctor.

One thing I would never take supermarket own brand vitamins and minerals.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 09:30:36 AM by silverlady »

Rowan

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2013, 09:21:45 AM »

Here are some natural sources of magnesium in food

http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/foods-high-in-magnesium.php

moonbeam121167

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2013, 09:27:11 AM »

Hi all  I really dont know what it is, got the docters on Monday but I have no confidence in them, my stomach problems have been going on for about 1 yr, as I said before had a endoscopy and all they said was my stomach was inflamed, didnt say what to do or nothing, I was told by one young GP is the oral HRT is fine on the stomach but people on here tell me it isnt, I did try the patch but I didnt feel it was stronger enough, I would have be ok and then just over 2 days I would have a low, Estraderm mx 50g and same gp said there isnt a stronger one so I went back on the pills, whenever I eat the well bad nausea and burning and in the morning I go to toilet at least 3 or 4 times, and it isnt diarrhea , need help :'(

Rowan

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2013, 09:43:37 AM »

Found this  http://www.channel4.com/health/microsites//0-9/4health/body/hal_indigestion.html

As for HRT, anything stronger then Estraderm 50 have been discontinued, but there are other brands, also there is Estrogel. I don't know your HRT history so not sure what to suggest.

When you go to GP on Monday I would ask for more tests and second opinion.

Winterose

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2013, 10:11:34 AM »

Moonbeam, sounds like you are having an unpleasant time, I use Estradot and they have a 50 to so you could try a 75 or 100 if you felt 50 was not enough, one good tip I got on here was changing the patch every 3 days and I change it in the morning . This really helped me. I use magnesium spray as a deodorant and I doubt the magnesium is causing all those symptoms but know that people tolerate it better in spray form, :P

Rowan

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2013, 10:24:04 AM »

Also if it stings, mix the magnesium oil with some moisture lotion or cream and apply.

Epsom salts are magnesium to, just sprinkle a little in your bath and soak, it softens the water too.

moonbeam121167

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2013, 10:32:24 AM »

H thanks for all your kindness, my hubby thinks I shouldnt go back to the patches but I need to do something, I have stopped the mag, 2nd day of no mag, do you think B complex is ok to take as I am very stressed person and the Prozac 20mg is not great, as you said there are others patches to try and they surely got to better on my stomach than pills,  not sure were to ask for some PPI eg  Lansoprazole as Omperazole  didnt help  :)

moonbeam121167

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2013, 06:14:13 PM »

Hi going to try Magnesium spray as today my headaches have been continuous ,  going to try taking my hrt at night tomorrow and Sunday and see if that helps before I go to GP, I am sorry to be a pest all the time but I am fed up of feeling horrible, I just want to cry :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Claireylou

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2013, 06:35:48 PM »

Hi moonbeam,

I'm afraid I don't have any experience with hrt or magnesium but I do know what it's like to feel scared, unsure, alone etc. I just wanted you to know that you're not alone and I'm sending you a big cwtch (welsh for cuddle)

Xxxxxxx   :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3