Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: i Phone  (Read 13300 times)

Rowan

i Phone
« on: June 19, 2013, 09:13:23 AM »

I am the proud owner of an iPhone I have crossed over from Android to Apple and I love it. Its not quite a MAC, just an Ipad to go now to the   MAC (I wish) ;D

My OH passed his iPhone4 onto me as he has the iPhone 5 now. I am lucky that its immaculate and he kept in its cover, no scratches and he lovingly cleaned the screen each day  ::)

Its far superior to my HTC in my opinion and far more apps to choose from the iTunes store, I have downloaded audible and kindle app and have synced my audio and books to the phone, he has passed on his "iPhone The Missing Manual" so I have lots to learn.

My HTC was too hyperactive for me I only had to look at the screen and it changed, that's  why it went back to the manufacturers, they sent back a reconditioned one, but Vodafone would only offer £25 for it, I will have to pass it on to someone in the family. I won't part with my Sony Ericsson W595 though, I will always have it to fall back on.

So more things to learn and keep my brain ticking over.

Joyce

Re: i Phone
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 10:42:06 AM »

I haven't got an i-phone. Mine's a Samsung which does me.

However, just realised I have all my old phones in a drawer somewhere. Really should recycle them.

Dyan

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 03:15:27 PM »

I've had an iPhone for 2 years silverlady and I love.
I have an iPad mini too which I use all the time.
OH bought it for my birthday.
Love Apple stuff !
Enjoy yours! ;)

Rowan

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 03:47:50 PM »

I am thinking of downloading the "Steve Jobs Exclusive Biography" from Audible to listen to, it seems appropriate I think  :D

Trey

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 05:54:13 PM »

My first smart phone iphone5, had iPad over two years and just got MacBook Air, the little 11 inch.  Love them all, but the phone the best.

littleminnie

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 09:45:09 PM »

Have you used Siri yet SL?

ariadne

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 09:54:07 PM »

Silverlady, you could sell your HTC phone - I've sold a few on ebay - even broken ones! I was surprised how much I got for them. Make sure you take a note of the IMEI number though as there are some scammers who buy a phone, demand a refund saying it's faulty and then return you their faulty one whilst keeping your good one!

I've never had anything Apple yet. I have a Huawei Ascend P1 and I love it. (That's pronounced Wah Way  ;) )

ariadne xx

Firewalker50

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 10:23:33 PM »

Enjoy your phone Silverlady.  I love to see someone so pleased with something they get.

I have used a blackberry for years with work and liked that.  I switched to the iphone 5 recently but do not like it at all.  I now have sore index finger on one hand and wrist on the other.  I cannot type without making mistakes and I cannot correct.

I thought I was just a luddite or technophobe however, I spoke with someone who works for vodaphone and she had an iphone but had to go back to a Blackberry for her work.  I did not feel so bad.

I hardly use any apps and I have not put music on it yet.  I am thinking of getting a Blackberry Q10.  Has anyone tried that model?

Enjoy your phone Silverlady!

Fx

oldsheep

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 05:46:16 PM »

have fun with the phone. I believe it has a great camera?

I have a google phone. So-so camera and it's really far too big for me as I like putting phones in my pocket. But it has swype typing which is just wonderful and Apple don't do it. I think if they did, I'd switch as use mac and am fed up with my phone not syncing with my computer to transfer photos etc.

Joyce

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2013, 06:23:43 PM »

Oh I loath the swype thing! Maybe just not used to it.

Elena

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2013, 07:06:13 PM »

I was looking at the iPhone5 in Tesco the other week.  I dont have a Smart fone. Was thinking of getting HTC Desire C tho, is that what you had Silverlady?

I am a technophobe and had to return the only Smartfone I had a go with which was a Nokia Lumia, a Windows fone.  I thought the iPhone 5 was quite straightforward from the tiny practice I had.  No idea about Android, which is what the HTC one is.  Maybe I'll just stick with my Nokia C2, I can at least read my emails from it. 

All this talk of synching and iTunes is beyond me.   wish I had somebody near me who could coach me in all this stuff.  People say how great the iPad is but I wouldnt have a clue.

Firewalker50

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2013, 07:17:05 PM »

What is swype typing?   :o

Fx

Joyce

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2013, 08:53:13 PM »

Sliding finger across letters as opposed to tapping individually.

Firewalker50

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2013, 10:22:27 PM »

Sliding finger across letters as opposed to tapping individually.

Hmm - I would need to see how that works.  My logic says if I slide my fingers across the keys it would type all the keys I swipe across?

I am a trained typist so type with both hands and that suits the BB.  With the iphone it is too narrow to type with both hands and too long to hold sideways and type - but that is only my own experience using it for business.

I must go and check out the swype type ......................

Fx

Elena

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2013, 07:37:39 AM »

I touch type on a keyboard but not on a phone as I dont have qwerty keyboard...is that what the iPhone has?
Pages: [1] 2