Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: pain relief  (Read 9760 times)

kerrieann

Re: pain relief
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2013, 07:19:41 PM »

silver lady  thats fine thanks  i was googling epsom salts when you told me and most sites said 2 cups and i thought i had bought the wrong thing as i dont think there is 2 cups in my pot  :)

leony

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2013, 08:05:51 PM »

Sorry to hear your in pain i have said before here have a twisted spine and pelvis 1 from birth didn't know about till i broke my pelvis 20 years ago stupid little boy racer smashed into the back of the car i was in now my right leg and hip and lower back give me chronic pain, haven't found any pain relief that really works Tramadol brought me out in a rash and made me vomit now on co-codamol 15/500 but useless reckon its all down to nerve damage and calcification. Only way i can sleep is by using diazepam a very low dose and phenegran that my pain phschiarist (sp) prescribed along with other AD. Can you ask about a pain clinic or give the HRT a try. 

kerrieann

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2013, 08:17:13 PM »

leony  yes i can try hrt or pain clinic iam going to the hospital at the end of this month so will see what they suggest just trying to get some relief in the meantime i just want to be able to walk around the supermarket etc without pain  :(  i know i will never run a marathon but just to be in less pain would be good  ;D

star35

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2013, 06:33:30 AM »

Hi
Dont know if this will help you with the anti-inflammatories, but my doctor has givem me 20mg omeprazole tablets.
They are gastro-resistant capsules i have to take one first thing in the morning befor food and can then take the anti-inflammatory with no problems, once i have eaten.

kerrieann

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2013, 09:52:16 AM »

star35  thanks for that i take pantoprazole each day which is in the same group (but not so many side effects as omeprazole for me anyway)  and the last time i took anti inflammatory was years ago wasnt taking anything else then so maybe i could try one have you any idea which is a mild anti inflammatory to begin with ?

star35

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2013, 10:56:24 AM »

I take diclofenac but not sure how mild that is.I know it comes in 25mg and 50mg so maybe start with 25mg and see what happens, i have not had any problems with this.

kerrieann

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2013, 03:00:09 PM »

been to pharmacy and was told no anti inflammatories if your on blood pressure meds as they can interact  :(  looked at voltarol which is 25mg diclofenac and the pack says the same re blood pressure   my son was given diclofenac for gout and it also says should not be used by smokers no one told him that and he smokes !

ellie

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2013, 04:07:50 PM »

My doctor has given me anti inflamatories in the past , and I take three blood pressure tablets per day........how strange  :-\

kerrieann

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2013, 04:33:20 PM »

yes i know  iam sure i know of people who take them and are on blood pressure meds  think i will see the doc and see what he thinks maybe thats why he gave me tramacet

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2013, 11:19:28 AM »

I've found an aggravator for my low back pain this morning  >:( - leaning down to empty and fill the dishwasher machine.  As soon as I bent to pick out a plate I could feel the muscles pulling.  So now I MUST remember to kneel down  ::) - same with the laundry machine.  It's the little irritants that I can easily ignore until the muscles begin to ache, I am my own worst enemy sometimes ..... same as when making the bed, I have to kneel down in order to tuck the sheets in tidily.  Note to self:  ::)

I also find that brisk walking can ease those muscles .......... but sometimes I'm like an old lady  :D

kerrieann

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2013, 03:33:14 PM »

clkd  yes same here and i find  it such a performance trying to kneel on the floor to empty the dishwasher and then put it all away and the best of it is i cant get back up without holding onto the cooker or worktop i would really like to have everything at eye level, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer would be so much easier  and i would love an old fashioned eye level grill as i cant bend to see in my built in grill  o the joys eh  :)  when emptying the dishwasher and moaning my other half always says it would be easier to wash the dishes in the sink but soon as i say it would be easier if you did them he disappears  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2013, 04:21:40 PM »

:rofl:

kerrieann

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2013, 04:25:55 PM »

clkd  just found another cracker mopping the kitchen floor half bending  really not   good have to try to remember how to bend good god i seem to have to think about everything i do now  o to be young and and carefree again not gonna happen is it  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2013, 08:23:15 PM »

I have to think before I act too  ::) ......... no longer a case of picking up one item, when I'm down there I look round to make sure it's all clean  :D

kerrieann

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2013, 04:23:37 PM »

yep we have a 6 month old pup and i seem to spend hours on my hands and knees picking up bits of his toys  :)  think its easier than getting out the hoover each time he has a go at demolishing something wouldnt change him for the world though little devil he his  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]