Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: bloated stomach and feeling tired 24/7  (Read 5939 times)

aerdna

bloated stomach and feeling tired 24/7
« on: June 11, 2013, 01:15:19 PM »

I first noticed things happening 2 years ago at the age of 38,now 41 struggling with all menopause symptoms,but my tummy is so bloated people think I'm pregnant  :'(,I am a size 8 no chest so it really stands out,I have worked hard on my tummy after 2 big babies 9 & 10lb I exercise daily on my wii doing hula hooping,is this common?

Limpy

Re: bloated stomach and feeling tired 24/7
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 02:48:17 PM »

Hi Aerdna

My stomach has always been bloated - even when I was much thinner than I am now, and used to do loads of exercise.
It definitely got worse after meno.

I know it's no help, but you are not alone........

Welcome to MM by the way

:welcomemm:

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 03:18:38 PM »

Hi aerdna

Welcome from me too

Sorry to hear about your tum.

I think if it is that bloated ie people think you are pregnant,  despite exercising hard, I would just go along to the doc to make sure there is nothing wrong. Perhaps you might be offered a scan?

Then if all is OK , maybe it's something to do with your diet ie are you bloated from food/wind etc or do you have problems in that dept (sorry for asking!). If so wheat, too much fibre too quickly etc and all sorts of other things can lead to these symptoms. Google the IBS threads which might help

Hurdity x

Elena

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 01:37:50 PM »

I had the bloated tum prob and my daughter, who is only in her twenties and a right skinny minnie, still has it.  We have both been told that we have probably got IBS but we are both going for scans to ensure it isnt anything nasty.

I've been taking a mega dose of acidopholus for a few months now (I think!) and recently started using something called Bowel Essence.  Both products were recommended by peeps on MM.  Just starting to notice a difference in the last few days :)

Daughter and I are both very anxious  and I think that probably has a lot to do with it :(

Rowan

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 01:51:17 PM »

This might interest you milliemoo

http://www.calmclinic.com/anxiety/signs/bloating

Elena

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 08:04:30 PM »

Thanks SL, dont think I need to take an anxiety test though :)  I AM anxious a lot.

All very well to say getting rid of the flatulence is the best way but how is one to do this at work????!!!   ::) :-\

Windeeze is wonderful stuff :)

aerdna

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 09:45:04 PM »

Thanks ladies for your advice  :o

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 11:05:04 PM »

Hi aerdna - I would say get this checked out with your doc - so many women blame different symptoms on the menopause but I would say bloating to this extent needs to be mentioned.

Taz x