Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Where's Suzi Q  (Read 15643 times)

Suzi Q

Re: Where's Suzi Q
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2013, 05:41:29 AM »

You can complain youve every right ok xxxxxxxxxx
Alergies are a bummer hope its helped by medicines?
I dont use APPLE MY son makes my computers (big one he builds from different parts)
I have a Samsung Laptop and Samsung NEXUS Andriod all are bought for me by my son and dinlaw
Shes the Autrlian Teck journo shes reg in USA checkingn out new stuff and in Europe too
Sadly no no rides now since June 2nd we are thinking of trading the Honda ST 1300 for a Goldwing HONDA
Its got a ort of armchair on the back its aBIG BUGGAR google see what its like
Phsio says Ive Osteo Arthritis in my lower back nothing can be done no operations except a fuse one and blow that
So its walking panty girdles to keep my back held in pain killers every day which I dont like so I only take 2 instead of 4
But Im luckier than many and they say this is the result of old fashioend 70/80s nursing no reg I used to lift 16st men!

Limpy

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2013, 09:42:29 AM »

Suzi - Sorry to hear about the Osteo Arthritis.
Thought somebody had told you recently, that you had bones of a 30 ish year old?
Why the change in outlook?

Had a look at the Goldwing - the back seat looks comfier than most of the chairs in my house!
You'll still be able to out out for rides with Geoffrey.
When are you getting it?

Suzi Q

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2013, 12:19:42 PM »

Suzi - Sorry to hear about the Osteo Arthritis.
Thought somebody had told you recently, that you had bones of a 30 ish year old?
Why the change in outlook?

Had a look at the Goldwing - the back seat looks comfier than most of the chairs in my house!
You'll still be able to out out for rides with Geoffrey.
When are you getting it?

Its just in the lower back disc area had tests btests more bone density tests they dnt get it 30/40 yr old density
Yet the bottom on he right sde of spine and over the hip (pain related) i where they say the osteo is
MY GP says NO he says Im just bloody unlucky and have a dodgy back thorugh nursig?

Hubbie desperate to keep his HONDA 1300 st he doesnt want what he calls an armchair but Im not riding the bike
The pain Ive just gone though since 3rd June he can frget it we are gojing away for Xams in JULY sat 27th Gone at 7am arrive at destination which is Ruseels Crowes Pub /motel in the middle of nth NSW about 3pm so a long ride OH we will have breakfast stop then a lunch stop still a oong ride there and then back next day I dont kow have to see if I can rde if I cant my pal Lesley said shes going shed go in her car and I will go with her which realy defeats the purpose if getting a different bike means I can ride? Hes had 1300s niow sincwe 2003 but he loves them
If we were richer maybe he could buy an older Goldwing for me to ride with him but what if it didnt work and back still bad? blowed if I know hey?

Dyan

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2013, 01:00:47 PM »

Oooo! I love gold wings Suzi.
I'd love to sit in that armchair and have a little ride ::)
I have a bucket list and that is one of the things I would like to do.

Limpy

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2013, 04:32:15 PM »

Hubbie desperate to keep his HONDA 1300 st he doesnt want what he calls an armchair but Im not riding the bike
The pain Ive just gone though since 3rd June he can frget it we are gojing away for Xams in JULY sat 27th Gone at 7am arrive at destination which is Ruseels Crowes Pub /motel in the middle of nth NSW about 3pm so a long ride OH we will have breakfast stop then a lunch stop still a oong ride there and then back next day I dont kow have to see if I can rde if I cant my pal Lesley said shes going shed go in her car and I will go with her which realy defeats the purpose if getting a different bike means I can ride? Hes had 1300s niow sincwe 2003 but he loves them
If we were richer maybe he could buy an older Goldwing for me to ride with him but what if it didnt work and back still bad? blowed if I know hey?

Suzi - Are you definitely getting a Goldwing, have you tried on yet?
It would be a bu***r if OH got rid of the Honda, only to find you couldn't cope with the Goldwing anyway.

I've not sat on a bike, but would imagine it would be horrible if the lower back was at all out of sorts.
Don't don't blame you at all for wanting a more comfortable option

Suzi Q

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2013, 12:26:38 AM »

Google Honda 1300ST 2009 have a look what they are like they are sports/cruiser bikes
I have to ride the bike with him not just sit on the bike
So I have to hold myself ands spine RIGID leaning with him side to side no relaxing or the bike would go over

Gold wing is an armchair but the thing is Bobbles rediscoverd bikes late at 49
Hes now 59 and want to make the most of the sports bike while he can and I dont blame him
AND yes a GOLDWING maybe crap too we have talked about me going with one of his employees who has one
See how i am the next day TODAY backs 90% ached when I got up but now at 10am its fine 5% ache but thats normal
No Panamax today so far only 2 the entire day yesterday which is good as Ive got a gastric reflux ever heard gun horse and shoot heheheheheheheh some buggar tll you I must have runb over on my bycyclke a 100 chinaman hehe

Limpy

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2013, 09:45:08 AM »

The Honda1300ST  looks like a big beast.
What you say about riding the bike WITH him makes total sense.
I used to ride horses, if you just sat on those, and didn't lean away from the bend and stay uprightish (totally different I suppose?) you fell off. I used to get accused of having been a biker cos I tended to lean into the bend.

Would riding the bike (Honda), in moderation, actually be useful exercise for your lower back?

It would be really good if you could have a go on the Goldwing with his employee, then you could see if that worked for you - (the bike not the employee)

Mind you it still doesn't help with Bobbles wanting to make the most of the sports bike, which as you say is totally understandable.

Firewalker50

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2013, 10:37:00 PM »

Hello

Just read the post - thank you for thinking of me amidst the post for Suzi Q.

I have had a hugely busy time May and June ; trying to decorate and sort the house out in preparation for my brother and his family arriving from USA for a holiday, then managing a redundancy process at work, which is always a demanding and emotional time.   My brother and his family are here and we are having a fantastic but hectic time!

I am sorry I have not contributed or supported much recently.  I actually considered leaving the forum since I do not seem to be able to offer much experience to the members now, but I also appreciated the  support I have received.

Anyway, all's well, just a busy time here.   I hope everyone else is doing well.  Hopefully I will get a chance to catch up on the posts soon.

Fx

Elena

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2013, 04:18:48 PM »

Hi FW

dont leave! You've been so helpful to me and others on here.  Just enjoy the break with your family

Limpy

« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2013, 07:15:54 PM »

Firewalker

You've helped many of us, and contributed lots in the past.
Don't even think about leaving - please.
Hope your busy is "nice busy" and everything goes well.

Firewalker50

« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2013, 02:54:15 PM »

Thanks Limpy and Milliemoo.

A mix of stressful and nice busy-ness. Stress at work and nice with family.

I have had an amazing week off work celebrating my Godson's graduation and also lots of time with my brother and family. They go home tomorrow and we had a fantastic family BBQ at my home yesterday. Lotsvof work but such a great time. Unfortunately they go home tomorrow :-(.

Lasting memories made though.

Fx

Suzi Q

« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2013, 04:04:07 AM »

Sorry theve gone you will feel bereft for a wee while
Same with me when my niece came in feb cried buckets when she left xxxx

Dont you daRE LEAVE IT DOESNT MATTER IF YOU JUST READ THEN MAYBE ONCE IN A WHILE JUST SAY hi xxx i DID SOMEtimes life gets in the way doesnt mena we aret thinking of everyne xxx sorry im ujsing my android ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Elena

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2013, 07:54:36 PM »

Hi FW glad you had such a good week with your family.  Hope the work stress soon lessens.
Pages: 1 2 [3]