Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: If I were rich, I would......................  (Read 9504 times)

Taz2

Re: If I were rich, I would......................
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2013, 07:55:31 AM »

If I were rich (and nobody had to die in order for me to inherit the money) then the first thing I would do was buy this place http://images.vebra.com/tp/11431/6/details/613370.pdf  I've stayed here a few times and it's made for me! Haven't got the million pounds at the moment though.  Once moved in I would have dental work done (on me not the house)  - just to brighten things up a bit - and then.. well I have no idea what I'd do after that.. I would just be able to "be"  :D

Taz x

Elena

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2013, 09:08:12 AM »

Lovely :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2013, 02:37:03 PM »

Thanks Taz - how close is the cliff edge and when was the last rock fall?

I would have someone to clean the kitchen and bathroom daily  8)

Cazikins

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2013, 03:39:02 PM »

OOOOhhhhh I like the look of that place Taz.
Can you imagine walking up that hill in the dark after being to the pub. Oh what fun  ;D ;D ;D

How about we all set up a fund to buy it, chip in a bit every month. I'm sure we could get it in no time.

I'll start off with a tenner  ::) ::).

Cazi xx

gilaray

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2013, 04:51:32 PM »

If money were no object I would have detached house with a conservatory and a tennis court. It would have a large kitchen/ diner/living area with wall to wall glass doors overlooking a glorious view.
It would have a music room with a beautiful Steinway baby grand and a study
 Each of the four bedrooms would be ensuite and I would have a personal chef to create wonderful meals every day
I would travel everywhere first class and stay in the best hotels
Thats the money side but money in itself cant buy happiness it just buys you things and gives you freedom of choice
What gives me the most satisfaction apart from my family is my work at the Citizens Advice Bureau. I think I have found with the experience that life brings that what makes you really happy is giving of yourself
I still wouldnt turn down the house though
I really enjoyed that bit of daydreaming!

gilaray

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2013, 04:54:05 PM »

I forgot to say that the house would also have a chill out room for the kids and their friends, or maybe even a separate wing in the garden
Perfect!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2013, 05:03:38 PM »

A separate wing in another village  ;)  ::)

Taz2

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2013, 06:33:54 PM »

OOOOhhhhh I like the look of that place Taz.
Can you imagine walking up that hill in the dark after being to the pub. Oh what fun  ;D ;D ;D

How about we all set up a fund to buy it, chip in a bit every month. I'm sure we could get it in no time.

I'll start off with a tenner  ::) ::).

Thanks Cazi. Might take a while. It's been on the market twice since I discovered it. It's in a lovely place.  This pub involves a downhill totter !  http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://s0.geograph.org.uk/geophotos/01/94/30/1943060_969582fb.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1943060&h=425&w=640&sz=68&tbnid=ACvgTvFoki6CIM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=136&zoom=1&usg=__4XSyQdZFEJb7BwZ2MxM1BEPY8dE=&docid=mqI1g4dtdLJd_M&sa=X&ei=AbO8UcWYKcP6PNC_gNgF&ved=0CGAQ9QEwBw&dur=1222

CLKD - no rockfalls that I know of and it is quite a way from the cliff edge so should be safe. North Devon cliffs are pretty solid.

Taz x

Hurdity

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2013, 08:31:09 PM »

Unbelievably idyllic and cheap at the price! Yes looks like lots of room for several households if you club together - I mean who needs inside space when you have all that...

Lovely lovely Devon!

Hurdity x

Cazikins

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2013, 01:08:18 PM »

I can "totter" downhill OK Taz - it's the "tottering" uphill after a pint of cider that I find difficuilt.  :drunk: :drunk:
Pages: 1 [2]