Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: back ache and constipation  (Read 12677 times)

janine

Re: back ache and constipation
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2013, 09:14:57 PM »

:) hi i aloe vera tablets 2 at night then by the next morning they work!  i get them from healthspan have been taking them for over a year but only when i need them
 i also drink plenty of water and squash and eat fruit and veg  ;) i hope this helps!!!!  ;D

kerrieann

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2013, 10:25:45 PM »

thanks janine will give it a go  :)

oldsheep

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2013, 05:40:05 PM »

hi, I was put on this diet by a gastro enterologist ( had a colonoscopy last year due to persistent constipation)
I can ignore the lactose bit but follow the rest, although it's annoying as was mostly veggie and can't eat any pulses or lentils any longer, and no peaches  >:(

http://ibs.about.com/od/ibsfood/a/The-FODMAP-Diet.htm

She also put me on 2 tablespoons of golden linseed every morning - either on its own or in oatmeal or granola - and I take flaxseed in the cereal too.
I've had no constipation for over a year now, having had it forever before that.

If you do the linseed, start with one spoon and work up after a week or so.
good luck

Rose

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2013, 10:35:10 PM »

I have chronic back and nerve pain and am constipated due to pain relief. Tried everything but as I also have IBS, I couldn't tolerate most laxatives. My only saviour was Actilax, taken at bedtime. It is gentle on the stomach and it has really helped. Would recommend it.

HarleyPJ

• First Flush
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2023, 05:53:19 AM »

I've also had this exact same problem, my solution was dietary, a banana for breakfast and avoiding bread made a huge difference
Pages: 1 [2]