Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: All peopled out .....  (Read 17321 times)

eliza jane

Re: All peopled out .....
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2013, 04:06:05 PM »

Ladies
Thank you for all of your replies, I sighed with relief at the bus stop when I read them. I also let out a laugh, which was good. Actually I am not working when I go up there and I think I am going to book  the whole trip at the Travelodge. I am fortunate enough to have the money to do that at the moment. Also the friends that offered to put me up for two nights are so 'loved up' I was beginning to worry about how they would affect me. I don't mean to frown at them being in love, but I can feel very inadequate at the moment in the company of lovers. Its silly isn't it ?!!
I have been reflecting on our time together and thinking that it is typical of me to start a relationship midway between doing a degree. No wonder I am tired. With hindsight I am laughing at myself. The great thing is I have a hunger for more education and I feel wonderful about that. I think in the near future I will train to be a drama and English teacher. However I also am thinking about doing a tefl course as I would like to travel. I had to laugh, my twenty five year old son said to me, ' mum now that you have finished your degree, why don't you take two years off to travel the world and find yourself.' I was chuffed he said that, he kind of gave me permission to do it. but I also thought, 'Arent I the one that should be saying that to him.' LOL

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2013, 05:05:23 PM »

So go together?  Part of the journey doing places you would both like to see followed by a few weeks alone ........

I am still avoiding getting together with others ....... too much on my mind to concentrate on other conversations  ;)

honeybun

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2013, 07:24:53 PM »

Well tonight is the night we meet up with my brother-in-law and his wife. Oh heck....Just want to sit in peace and quiet.

I just wish I could say to hubby....go on your own I don't like them ....Not brave enough so I will put on a big smile and hope they go home early.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2013, 07:31:15 PM »

You will feel SO good once the evening is over.  I tolerate DH's brother because DH is SO good to me  ;)

Let us know ...........

honeybun

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2013, 07:40:22 PM »

Got them tonight and tomorrow....gulp.

Just have to grin and put up with it I guess.

Honeyb
X

And yes I will be very happy when they go. Meeting them at 9pm. Want to put on my jammies and relax.

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2013, 07:42:12 PM »

9 p.m.  :o - I'm headed for my bath by that time!  with Very Good Book and Very Hot Cuppa  ;)  ..... what Planet are they on, going out at 9.p.m. went out with the Ark

Taz2

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2013, 10:07:01 PM »

You are so funny CLKD - you give me a giggle when you post things like that. Maybe where you live it went out with the ark and everyone is tucked up in bed by 9 pm but where I am it is quite normal to go out at 9 or later. I often don't go up the pub till 9 or 10ish. The youngsters don't go out till later as the clubs don't open till 11ish.

I think what you mean is, for you, going out at 9 was a long long time ago!  :lol:  Whoops, will miss my lift to the pub if I don't get a move on. Last orders at midnight on Saturday....

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2013, 05:47:32 AM »

They did not go home till midnight......booked them a taxi so it was agreed early when they would go.

It was not too bad although brother-in-law is still very smug. Got to get through one more day and then they go. Hope it's another 20 odd years before they come back.   ::)

Honeyb
X

Elena

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2013, 11:17:23 AM »

HB you were  up early today!! I thought you had the grand excuse of only just getting back from holiday so you couldnt meet up last night?!

Hope today goes well and swiftly for you. 

Agree re. 9pm meet, I set out at half nine the other week to meet friends at a club :)  she said smugly  ;D but it's not something I do every day!!  Actually if I go to bed before midnight I have trouble sleeping...

Eliza, definitely the travelodge!  You have started a new relationship?  Congrats on that and on your studies :)

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2013, 01:43:15 PM »

StellaJane - although my Mum would deny it, she likes to 'play to the gallery' and is never happier than when she has people 'in' - then she has a week's worth of moaning and discussion with anyone else who will listen  ::)

honeybun

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2013, 02:05:03 PM »

Could not get out of last night but have made my excuses for this afternoon. Have sent hubby and son out with them while I get sorted for dinner tonight.

Tired and just want to sit down and relax in the sun.

Oh well better get on. Buffet to sort out.

Honeyb
X

Limpy

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2013, 05:43:37 PM »

Honeyb - Soon all will be sorted, then you can relax in the sun.
Hope it keeps fine

Joyce

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2013, 07:08:22 PM »

A bit much when you've just returned from holiday. Hope relatives don't undo all the good you've got from your holiday HB!

honeybun

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2013, 09:45:56 PM »

Buffet went well. As a very X chef.....um yes that was me.....in a different life....everything has to be perfect.....Just can't get passed that one.
 I actually enjoy the catering bit even if I get a bit anal about it. I suppose when you have done something as a living its difficult not to do it the way you  learned to.
I have dabbled with commercial catering for years and have done all sorts.

Glad it's all over and went well for my hubbys sake. He does so much for me so I know I did not let him down. My kids performed beautifully and all was perfect. They should see us in The Adams Family mode   ;D

Honeyb
X

Limpy

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2013, 09:30:41 AM »

Honeybun - Glad it all went well.
However, the Adams Famiy mode might have ensured they don't return for another 20 years!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4