Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Jitters  (Read 14715 times)

Anjia

Re: The Jitters
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2013, 05:27:54 PM »

I had my worst night ever last night and this morning thought I was going mad! I have always been a strong person and have been through a lot in my life ,anyway knowing Im not alone in this awful time is a big help we are all in it together !!!!!!!!!!!

Melanie Mabel

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2013, 08:26:01 PM »

I thought I was nearly through the worse of the symptoms including the anxiety and feeling how pointless everything is. The last year has been horrid and I can't believe how much my personality has changed due to this awful menopause. The hot flushes I can just about deal with but it's the effect on my mind I hate so much. Jitters, middle aged angst whatever you want to call it, it's horrid but it's reassuring to read about others experiences and the hope that it will go eventually. I didn't realise it's effect on the mind was so powerful. The good news is it comes and goes.

Kathleen

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2013, 09:42:57 AM »

Hello ladies. Another jittery morning for me and many others it seems. I have been offered HRT but I can't decide whether to take it or not as I am scared of feeling worse.
As I've said before, if I knew when this would end maybe I could continue to tough it out, it's the uncertaintly that's so exhausting. I hear about other women planning holidays and looking forward to events and I feel even worse because I know that isn't me at the moment and I worry that I may never be happy again. Having said all that, my moods are changeable and later today I'll probably start to feel better. It's like living on a knife edge!
It's true that older women have assured me that this does pass and they seem fine, so there is hope for us all. Wishing you all well.
K. 

littleminnie

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2013, 10:21:30 AM »

The emotional side of the menopause is far worse I think.  If someone had told me about years ago about how bad it can make you feel I don't think I would have believed them.   Mornings are far worse than the rest of the day.
I started on HRT because I didnt believe I could feel worse than I did. Why don't you give it a try, you can always stop it.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 10:24:03 AM by littleminnie »

honeybun

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2013, 01:21:19 PM »

I agree what have you got to loose by trying HRT.

It could help with your physical symptoms and then you can address the anxiety as a separate issue if it continues.

At least you would know if you need something more than HRT.

I was on patches for two years before anxiety began. I do know however that I would be far worse if I was trying to cope with hot flushes.

I think I need more than BBs but I intend to keep battling on.

Honeyb
X
Pages: 1 [2]