Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: is this anything to worry about  (Read 6100 times)

pixigirl

is this anything to worry about
« on: April 25, 2013, 01:39:01 PM »

I have not had a period for about 9 years. Have been on FenMevencoti for about a year. A couple of days ago i noticed breakthrough bleeding. Not a lot and the kind of colour one used to get at the end of a period. Should i be worried?Need i bother a doctor?

pixie

Re: is this anything to worry about
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 01:41:49 PM »

Hi,

You need to go and get it checked out with your GP, as any unusual bleeding post menopause needs to be investigated. Make an appointment today and put your mind at rest.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 01:43:40 PM by pixie »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 03:50:23 PM »

It is always wise to visit a GP/Practice Nurse if anything out of the 'usual' happens.  Could be ought or nowt - let us know!

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 04:53:47 PM »

You definitely need to get this checked pixigirl - it's not worth taking a chance over. It is probably just a hormonal blip but, usually, any breakthrough bleeding is within the first few months of taking a conti HRT and not a year later.

Let us know how you get on.

Taz x

Suzi Q

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 03:48:56 AM »

See gp make an appt for soon OK
Its probably nought but put your mind at rest OK xxxxxxxxxxx

pixigirl

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 11:00:10 AM »

Thanks for your replies ladies, i am off to doc this sfternoon. Will let you know what they have to say.xx

pixigirl

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2013, 10:11:10 AM »

thanks for advice ladies. Went to doc, she did a smear test and tool swabs and has refered me to hospital for further investigation. I would not have gone if you ladies hadnt given me the correct adbice, So i cant thank you enoughxxxxx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2013, 10:14:33 AM »

Always wise to share breakthrough bleeding with a professional.  Did she give you any hint as to what the cause might be?

Hurdity

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 11:30:48 AM »

Good luck with your investigations pixigirl and we can compare notes - my visit to GP is on Thursday.

Hurdity x

pixigirl

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2013, 11:59:09 AM »

CLKD, she put the wind up me saying they are looking for cancer, to rule it out!!!!!!!!

pixie

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2013, 12:45:19 PM »

Don't worry - it is something they allways routinely look for with any post menopausal bleeding which is very vigilent.  I might be a polyp, fibroids, or due to hormones. Very seldom it is due to endometrial cancer, in which case prompt action and catching it early, means it can usually be treated successfully.
I had unusual spotting/bleeding when I was 25. I was on the pill at the time. As a result I was sent for a smear which showed moderate cells changes that could have turned into cancer, if I had left it. However, I had laser treatment, and have been clear ever since.  I am not saying yours will be anything like this, but let us know how you get on.  I hope it will be something like a fibroid or the HRT  which is probably more likely!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 01:02:01 PM by pixie »