Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: First Visit Here  (Read 4844 times)

ColleenD

First Visit Here
« on: April 22, 2013, 04:59:42 PM »

Hi I am 55 years young and have a prescription for HRT but i haven 't got it yet as Im still undecided. I'm healthy-ish dont smoke or drink etc. but will HRT really make a difference?
I have night sweats, hot flushes throught the day, lack of libido (but then have been married over 35 years), mood swings, irritability. So why I am holding back from getting the HRT?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

KatieLiz

Re: First Visit Here
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 06:33:46 PM »

Yes it will!  You may have to give it a few weeks, some symptoms clear quickly, others take a bit longer.  I was a bit like you - I wanted to take it but was a bit scared at first.  I must admit I took the first tablet in the evening just in case I felt a bit weird (I did have a glass of wine first for dutch courage - although that's probably not recommended!)  I now always take the tablet in the evening and have been for the past 18 months. 

I did have to increase the dose after 6 months and I'm still classed as peri-menopausal as I'm 52 but I do intend to stay on it indefinitely!

Hope you start to feel better soon! x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 06:39:13 PM »

:welcomemm:

grumpyandIknowit

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 08:56:50 AM »

Just saying Hello  :cupcake:
Love the way you said 55 years young - I shall be 57 this year do you think I can still say 57 years young? After all wasn't the 50s the new 40's so will the 60s be the new 50's?
Anyway I'm New as well so Welcome! X

ColleenD

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 06:04:57 PM »

Thanks for the comments, good to see others out there are feeling just the same. Will be visiting on a regular basis to see how others are coping etc. Thanks again for the welcome.