Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26

Author Topic: My bladder etc.. + VA treatment  (Read 120789 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: My bladder etc..
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2013, 08:15:42 AM »

What a night  :-\  ...... symptoms began at 9.15 p.m. so I had a quick bath and added the pessary, the whole area was stinging ......... eventually I gave in at 12.30 and took 2 Ibubrofen ....... eventually crawled back to bed at 1.40 ...........  :sigh:

grumpyandIknowit

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2013, 08:48:29 AM »

Hello - When I have a sore "foo foo" I used Sudocrem but found it had a very drying effect and bits of me stuck to each other like glue! I used Femfresh to wash (using the smallest amount) and then used Replens on the outside, loads of it. Really not sure if this will help you or not - but thought I would join in, hope it gets MUCH better soon. X

CLKD

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2013, 01:10:09 PM »

I used Savlon 2 nights ago and Caneston cream last night ........ back to Ibuprofen today, sitting in the sun or working in the garden, feel like I need to pee all the while; have bought some sachets of drink to use if it gets worse ..........

Larney

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2013, 03:00:35 PM »

CLKD... That is so miserable! Hugs.  :-\

I've just been catching up on here since I last posted AGES ago. I've only just found out that I can't have 25mg of vagifem, and have been prescribed ortho-Gynest, so came back to MM to find out more. I hope it works.  :-\

Elena

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2013, 03:36:29 PM »

Arrggghhh!  Femfresh?   Noooooooooooooooo!! Aqueous cream to wash with.

Sorry to hear you've relapsed CLKD.  Any idea what could have caused it?  Do you drink a lot of tea/coffee?  Is something you eat or drink irritating your bladder?  Could you try water instead for a day?

pixie

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2013, 05:17:15 PM »

I agee. Its not good to put lots of different creams on.  Maybe just clean with warm water and pop the pesseries in?  It still sounds like cystitis.  Can let your skin to the air?  I hope you feel better soon.  If this goes on I would go back and see the doc. :) x

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2013, 05:24:46 PM »

I laid on the bed with nowt on last night  ::) after putting in the pessary.  I will avoid Caneston tonight as it seemed to sting in areas I didn't know there were nerve endings  ::) : wonder how many nerve endings there are 'down there' .......... of course, DH offered to count them  :wub:  ......... I drink weak tea.  With 2 sugars.  I have tried water but it bloats me.  I have fruit juices occasionally.  Even less often hot chocolate or alcohol i.e. lager when really thirsty.

I suspect that because I needed to wee a lot last night that the pessary didn't stay up there long enough to begin lining the mucosa  ::) - Must Try Harder  :D - as someone else said, bugger it  :o

CLKD

« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2013, 06:53:31 PM »

So has the doseage of Vagifem been altered and if so, why ..........

I was going to ask another question but it's gone from my brain  >:(  ::)

honeybun

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2013, 07:21:08 PM »

You had a bath......ummm not a great idea and I bet you had bubbles.

The dosage of Vagifem went from 25 to 10. It's a two week every night usage and then twice a week thereafter.

These things don't come over night nor go over night. It's going to take a bit of time.
If you are still uncomfortable then go back to your GP. He/she may give you some hormone cream for your outer bits while the pessary takes care of inside.
The pessary goes into a different bit so it makes no difference how many times you wee. There is no wee going through that bit.

If you think it's your bladder then some of us have mentioned D Mannose. It really helps. Have you looked at the details.

You may have to rest up a bit till this settles.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2013, 08:19:20 PM »

I have read all the info given here  :thankyou: and have had a long chat with the Pharmacist locally.

Why did the Vagifem doseage alter? 

My symptoms arrived without warning ..........  >:( and mimiced a urine infection  ::) ...... feel better this evening, have taken 1 Nurofen.  The pessary is higher up but when I wee all the muscles relax  :-\  ..... at least the feeling of sitting on razor blades isn't present this evening!

I got my Dorling Kindersley medical book out tonight and looked up the picture of the vagina and associated bits - I don't look anything like that  :o  ::) - it's so long since I looked 'down there' ......... with a mirror .......... I think I'm going to be surprised  :-\ .......... however, I've never had anyone examining me run away or call others in to 'look at this one'  :sigh: so am probably 'within normal limits' .......

Goodness, it's a stupid bit of plumbing down there  >:( ............ bet God got it wrong when he designed Eve and went for Plan B with the men  :-X  I really am off to bed now  :whist:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 08:43:16 PM by CLKD »

ariadne

« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2013, 09:26:15 PM »

.......... however, I've never had anyone examining me run away or call others in to 'look at this one'  :sigh: so am probably 'within normal limits' .......

Goodness, it's a stupid bit of plumbing down there  >:( ............ bet God got it wrong when he designed Eve and went for Plan B with the men  :-X

CLKD - you did make me laugh. But I've always thought the same about the bad design  ;D

ariadne xx

Elena

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2013, 07:26:06 AM »

As I understand it the dosage of Vagifem was altered as a very small test sample of women in America were given the lower dose and found it to be satisfactory.

Why mess with something that works?   >:(

Yes you can get the same sort of cream for you outside bits as the pessaries you are using inside, as HB says.

Taz2

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2013, 08:43:56 AM »

This American site gives a brief resume of why Vagifem was changed http://www.dslrf.org/mwh/content.asp?L2=1&L3=7&SID=130&CID=2061&PID=42&CATID=0 

Taz x

Taz2

« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2013, 09:06:57 AM »

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2013, 11:17:00 AM »

:thankyou:  ....... up-date?

Laid on the bed after a quick bath with baby bath added
Bladder much more like 'normal'
Went for a wee