Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Anyone been to Jersey?  (Read 10846 times)

vianne

Anyone been to Jersey?
« on: April 13, 2013, 04:35:01 PM »

Hi ladies, we are considering a holiday in Jersey but don't really know much about the place. I was wondering if anyone has visited and could give me an idea of the best area to stay, we won't be taking a car so it would be nice if it was quite central, also somewhere fairly quiet as its just the two of us going so we don't want to be in the middle of somewhere with noisy nightlife and clubs, etc. Thanks,

v x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anyone been to Jersey?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 05:21:22 PM »

My Mum flew there 4 years ago - at the age of 82  :o.  Her first Passport, her first trip abroad, her first flight, her first holiday without my Dad, her first holiday with a 'strange' man .......... she thoroughly enjoyed herself  ;) :D

Joyce

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 07:15:27 PM »

We're doing Jersey for first time at end of August. Been to Guernsey 20 odd years ago.  We're going to a quieter spot at St Brelades. We're flying and making use of public transport to get about. Island not too big so shouldn't be a problem.  Hubby knows someone who has been and says there are many fantastic places to eat. Try looking at the Jersey Tourism website.

mac

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 10:45:23 PM »

Hi
We lived in Jersey for a long time and only moved back 4 years ago. If you want to be central stay in St Helier the bus service is excellent so you can get about really easy.
Let me know if you want more info.

Mac

vianne

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 05:52:06 PM »

Thanks for your replies, ladies. I liked the look of St Brelaides, it doesn't look as big as St. Helier so hopefully it might be a bit quieter. Will do some more research!  :)

v x

scriv

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 10:17:20 AM »

We have had lots of lovely holidays at St Aubins - lots of eateries ...and really love that west side, including St Brelades etc. We love it there as it is quieter and more peaceful than St Helier, but you can easily get out and about and go into St Helier easily enough if you wish.

We used the buses, which were very good, and we walked a lot.

vianne

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 01:56:51 PM »

Scriv, that sounds exactly what we want, It can be nice to have a rest from the car and get about on public transport for a week, we did it last year on the Isle of Wight and it was lovely.

v x

scriv

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 04:14:45 PM »

If you are used to travelling round the IOW by bus, then you will be fine in Jersey. Similar sort of network and idiosyncrasies!  Am very envious.. would love to go back.

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 02:43:18 PM »

I was (apparently) conceived there but can't remember that much about it strangely ;)

Meggie

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2013, 02:38:45 PM »

I went to Jersey donkeys years ago and loved it.  Hope you have a great time

Meggie