News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: VENT  (Read 364 times)

che

• First Flush
VENT
« on: May 26, 2024, 02:46:43 PM »

Venting an I being unreasonable, hubby is currently working 4 1/2 day plus 1 1/2 OT ( so 6 days ) he get up just after 5am and insist on staying up in the week till midnight and sat night till 1am. To watch sport. Sunday he will get up around 8 and watch tv till 12/1 and them have lunch and shower. We will usually stretch our legs for a hour or two and then home for a meal and more tv. This is driving me mad as I feel the tv is more important to him than me.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: VENT
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2024, 04:39:28 PM »

I would feel the same!  What times does he actually work? 

MayB it's time to have The Talk?  If he isn't aware of how you feel then he will be happy to relax in front of the TV, there is a lot of sport to watch from end of April.  [clued to Ride Britain final 1.3 k to go, so a sprint finish for the women]

che

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2024, 09:35:02 AM »

weekday he finishes a 4.30 and by 515 is often perched on the sofa ( stops to eat ) and back till midnight

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2024, 11:01:28 AM »

MayB have 'the word ' ;-). Does he help with any of the household/garden chores?

getting_old

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2024, 04:52:14 PM »

It sounds like he's trying to relax and destress. If he's working 6 days a week then he probably just wants to take some time to do something mindless, and I'm guessing he's staying up late because he can't get to sleep earlier.
Maybe you can try organising stuff that he enjoys to get him out of the house.

che

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2024, 08:03:28 AM »

I cannot find any thing except tv to interest him, he wont even take a holiday, or have an evening out. I understand he need to un wind but it is every night and if he could all day weekends, literally sat watching tv from the time he get up till bed.  He will stop to do job such as mow the lawn, which I try to do so he can relax.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2024, 09:20:28 AM »

Is he depressed?

If he will mow the lawn, then let him.  Fresh air and exercise as well as feeling that he is being useful?