Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Any Older Mums with younger chidren on here  (Read 17022 times)

Evenstar

Any Older Mums with younger chidren on here
« on: April 06, 2013, 10:03:35 PM »

Just wondering if there are any ladies on here that still have young children.  I am 51 and have a 7 year old :)

Suzi Q

Re: Any Older Mums with younger chidren on here
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 01:12:38 AM »

You lucky sod xxxxxxxxxxxx
Yes there are hang around and someone will come on post a reply to me then your posting remains high up ok xxxx

Evenstar

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 10:12:01 AM »

Thanks Suzi xxxxxx

Suzi Q

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 12:09:11 PM »

Keep doing it or change your post to something that will catch the eyes of people who just browse
Like eg child 7 me 51 anyone else same boat? Or OLD MUM SMALL CHILD AHHHHHHH
Its always slow on weekends hugs Suzanne xxxx

Evenstar

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 03:11:51 PM »

LOL   Thanks for the advice. Yes, I think most people are out enjoying the sunshine this weekend :)

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 06:47:47 PM »

Well I am reading but I am not much use as I am 52 and my youngest is 18.

Tell you what though......given a toss up between a 7yr old and a stroppy teen....I would swap with you any day.

With one you don't have the energy to run about and with the other you don't have the energy to cope with the moods and coming in at 3 in the morning.

We get there though don't we......no bloomin choice.

Honeyb
X

Evenstar

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 07:16:30 PM »

;D Haha. Yes can't say I'm looking forward to the teenage years.
  I have plenty of energy though (most of the time ;)) and I home school, so am always pretty busy rushing about doing this that and the other.
      Just wondering how other Mums are coping with younger children and the menopause, but thinking about it, a teenager maybe just as bad if not worse ;D

Joyce

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 07:36:22 PM »

I was a young child of an older mum, does that count?  My mum went into menopause shortly after having me. Anxiety was her worst symptom, or so she told me when I was old enough to understand. I had to be taught at around age 5 to get on a normal service bus to go to school and back again, including lunch times as I was terrified of school dinners.

TBH I wasn't aware of my mum being an older mum until I hit my mid to late teens.  I wasn't the worst teenager, well at least I don't think I was.  My daughter's partners folks are older than us by a good few years. So there are a few of you around and have all survived to tell the tale.

I'm sure you will cope and do just great!

Suzi Q

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 01:59:19 AM »

TOLD YOU XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX :-*

Evenstar

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 03:23:42 PM »

LOL Suzi xx    Thanks Cubagirl that's reassuring. well Rio is quite lucky wit me as I've always had a very young outlook on life. I can still crawl and slide my way around the softplay with the best of them ;D

Suzi Q

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 04:00:38 AM »

Your as young as you feel
Untill 15mnths ago I worked at daycare runinng after toddlers all day
OK I had the weekend off but I survived so will you
Ok music will probably be a burden later on or not I love loud thrash music
honly becomes a problem if you let it
My MUM had me at 20 Dads MUM had hims at 18 I had son at 19
OK i may have been fitter able to cope more with sleep deprivation and I didnt have to work outside the home
But I wanted to dance wanted to go out wanted to still have a life so I tihnk its 50/50
Somethings will wear you out no problems other things you will cope far better than younger MUMs
Just be true to yourself dont judge yourself dont let anyone judge you Im dead jel your a very lucky person
Wish I could go back and relive my time with my baby boy whos 38 in August but is to me still a toddler on my hip
He understands and panders to his MUM he phones me ebery morning and every evening if only for a couple of minsx

Evenstar

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 01:32:04 PM »

awwwwww thankyou xxx    Must admit I adore being a Mum and I waited a long long time to become one, so I'm going to treasure every moment :)
       Are you a Nursery Nurse?  I am :) I used to work in a Day care centre too I ran the After school club.

pixie

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 04:34:14 PM »

My friend was 50years old when she had her baby and her partner was 57years old.  They tried IVF for years and then finally had a child using his sperm and a Spanish donors eggs. The sad thing is she developed Parkinsons Disease just after the birth....and her partner has angina and stents etc. My friend thought she was going to be fit enough to look after a young child before all this happened. :-\
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 05:05:20 PM by pixie »

Evenstar

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2013, 08:41:16 PM »

Oh that's terribly sad :(

Suzi Q

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2013, 12:59:55 AM »

My husband parenbts were killed in a car crash when he was 13
NO grandparent he was a change baby
Thankfully he did have a 22 year old sister married who he went to live with
Nohting in life is certain I dont think having a child at that5 age is right not for the women but for the child
BUT any l;ife that comes in to the world is wonderful
Hindsights a fab thing wish we had it was it daft to have a child at 50 yes was it wrong to give life  NO

Thi subject is something thats close to many peoples hearts
Girls arent told its not explained about the clock tick tock and if it is not the right unformayiom
Such as you have a 1 in 4 chance of having IVF baby but its the imperical 4 you may have 10 trys still not baby
Over 30 your classified as an older Mother your fertility goes down at 40 its literally luck for normal preggers
Yes a women can have it all be anything buy anyhting go anywhere BUT sadly Biology hasnt changed
And untill men have wombs women need to have a family before 30  Because after that your fertility stayrts to drop
Over the last 25 years or so IVF has become more and more normal as women delay more and more its not genetic
Wo,em born from  late 60s on went born with a fault a lack of ability to have kids no its simple mostly its time and age
Pages: [1] 2