Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Is the end in sight..................  (Read 3848 times)

grumpyandIknowit

Is the end in sight..................
« on: June 14, 2013, 09:43:00 AM »

Hope everyone is well or as well as can be expected on this Meno Marathon.................been dipping in and out of the forum for a couple of months, too many family problems to mention. Husband hospitalised with blood clots - they found them EVERYWHERE, two deaths in the family - one aged 57 and one 34, and my old Dad who is 86 is in a state as he needs a back operation and now they've cancelled it, he worked himself up to going and now they aren't going to do it as his blood doesn't clot - can't understand why they didnt tell him this before.........anyway to say I've been stressed is an understatement.
Anyway, I'm 56 and my periods have been erratic - a bit like Taz's start and have been slight  but I just came on, now since all the stress I keep feeling as though I want to come on - no pain just that feeling of an impending period...... and a very slight reddish/orangey bleed.
Now I have read that the orangey colour means depleting hormone levels so could this mean its the end of my periods?
Just ASKING for some help from the sisterhood.........

Evenstar

Re: Is the end in sight..................
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 09:59:22 PM »

Can't shed any light I'm afraid, but just wanted to say how sorry I was to hear about the stressful time you've been having. Sending a virtual hug cos you sound like you need one xx

Elena

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 09:06:57 AM »

Sorry to hear what a time you've been having. 

Re. the meno, does it EVER end????   ::)

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 01:45:59 PM »

In a biological sense I suppose it never ends. Menopause means the cessation of periods and this is for ever. The symptoms can even out but some like the ones due to lack of oestrogen always remain. Everyone is different of course. I'm not looking forward to coming off HRT!!

Grumpy - I would say that your hormones levels are varying so that your body thinks you should be having a period and is trying to expel the womb lining but, in fact, you haven't built up enough lining to be shed yet. Most annoying. I'm not sure where you are in terms of periods stopping as I went onto HRT while still having them.

Taz x

Joyce

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 02:43:38 PM »

Can't say I'm looking forward to coming off HRT either. Meno consultant told me yesterday, as she has in the past, that because I'm on oestrogen only, I can stay on it longer than most ladies who are on the combined HRT. I'm on low dose now. Tried halving my patches, but all the symptoms returned. Can't say I'm surprised, but it was worth a try.
Grumpy, you are having to contend with a lot in your life, never mind being menopausal.
Does it ever end?  Maybe for some it does, but think some symptoms will be for life. Promising thought isn't it!