Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: P'd off rant  (Read 19511 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: P'd off rant
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2012, 04:58:57 PM »

So make that list!  Making more time to smell the roses is a good start  ;)

Bibby

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2012, 09:40:48 AM »

Most of the time I am very much smelling the roses.  I have always enjoyed the beauty around me, and I know I am a lucky person to have the wonderful husband that I have (we have been together since I was 15).  We fought for this life we had here and it took courage to make the move.  Its not all about Turkey, in a way the location is irrelevant to the dark days, I just have down days where all seems black, like having post natal depression.  There IS no logic to it.  As an example, I have days where I look in the mirror and feel I look a terrible mess and am ugly, other days I look in the mirror and I think that actually I am not bad looking.  Same face each time, its my brain making the difference!! 

Today I have it in control  ;)  The day is sunny and still, we are heading off to the market for some wonderful veggies and fruit and to meet with friends for a tea and chat.  I am very grateful to all on here for being an ear for me.  I really needed it.  I now feel stronger and am making plans for new year.  Thanks all  :-*
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 09:48:00 AM by Bibby »

Bibby

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2012, 08:22:47 AM »

Erm, remember my melt down this week?  Well, last night when I went to the loo, there was a pinkness.  Maybe my hormones are fluctuating??  I havent had a proper period in almost 2 years, and I had a checkup at hospital and they said said I was in menopause, but I have had weird symptoms like headache and backacke, like I always did before a period.  Can it be that you can be told you are in menopause yet still have PMT and spotting??

i really dont quite understand menopause. I thought i was on to the next phase, -hot flushes and aches.  So, to have headaches, backache miseries and spotting, is a bit of a surprise

« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 08:39:30 AM by Bibby »

Bette

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2012, 09:28:20 AM »

Other ladies have found that they have symptoms of a cycle without any bleeds. It's hard to know where you "are" meno-wise but the guidance is that any bleed after a year period-free should be investigated. It's probably just your ovaries having a "last fling" but best to be sure and have a chat with your doctor.
Bette x

Bibby

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2012, 10:05:00 AM »

I will go see Gynae in Jan.  Bladder went south a while ago.  I fancy treating self to a full makeover down south.

Taz2

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2012, 05:55:31 PM »

What would a full makeover consist of Bibby?

Taz x  :D

Bibby

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2012, 07:16:40 PM »

well I would like a hysterectomy because my uterus was retroverted when I was 21 and prolapsed when i was 31.  I had it repaired but it has shifted again.  I have fibroids, depending on who sees me.  its weird that one scan shows fibroids then another shows there isnt  (confused.com) also I need bladder repair due to it sagging.  Its putting pressure on bowel and I now have piles.  Sorry TMI  ::)

Bibby

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2013, 12:44:47 PM »

UPDATE:  Big news.  I have had a hysterectomy!  In fact I have had moe than that.  I went to the Gynae last week and complained I had had enough of the discomfort/pain, he examined me as best he could, but had trouble getting the speculum in.  SO, I had uterus and ovaries removed on Saturday along with op pn bladder and rectum.  I also had an episiotomy where he tightened up the skin.  I came home monday, sore but very very happy.  I had catheter removed yesterday and though the bladder seems to be wanting emptying pretty often (4 times during night), I am assuming it will improve as the recovery continues.  In myself I feel very well, and relieved I finally did it.   YAY!!!!!

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2013, 12:58:46 PM »

:foryou:  thanks for the up-date.  You may find that your hormones will fluctuate but now you know the reason!  What after-care advice have you been given and when is your follow-up appt.?

Take it easy.  Feet up, good book, cuppa .........

Bibby

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2013, 01:12:59 PM »

Thanks for that. I have been given HRT (Estrofem 2mg), and have been taking them, but am slightly concerned that my mother got brast cancer when she was 41.  i have checked online and cant find anything to say these particular pills are not advised if cancer in family.  The Gynae says its my choice whether I take them.  So, at the moment, I am taking them, but wary.  There would be benefits to taking them, and so I am hopeful its OK for me to take them.  Maybe I wont have so many dark days.  But I will continue to check out facts on the net to reassure me, or make me stop taking them.

I had an appointment yesterday, and he was happy.  Next visit is in 4 weeks.  I am taking it easy, drinking as much as I reasonably can. I am also eating fruit and seeds to keep my bowels in good shape.  Mentally I am positive and so far theres been no post op 'crash), which is what happened to me when I had my uterine prolapse op when I was 3.  Felt SO bad.  This time I am so good its amazing me.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 01:06:12 PM by Bibby »

Taz2

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2013, 02:07:27 PM »

Hi Bibby - so glad that everything went well. Do you know why you had your ovaries removed as well? I take it that your were seen privately to get such a fast and excellent service. Did you know that you had three prolapses?

Taz x

Limpy

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2013, 04:08:27 PM »

Hi Bibby - Hope the recovery continues to go well         :tulips2:

Bibby

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2013, 05:03:22 PM »

Taz, yes I knew all too well I had 3 prolapses, just needed to be sure of a good surgeon and was also worried that any op on my bladder might leave me with leakage probs, which (thankfully) doesn't seem to be the case.  I don't know why the ovaries were taken, but I am post menopausal, so maybe its normal then.  We live in Turkey and have the government health insurance, so we had a choice, use the government hospital, and pay nothing or pay a top up and get private in a hospital that is only a year old.  I think you know what I chose, LOL!!!

Thanks Limpy, I hope so too.  Can't complain s far.  :D

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2013, 07:45:00 PM »

So you need more information as to whether the treatment recommended is appropriate?  How about sending an e-mail to the Ovacome charity in the UK?  It's OK for a Doctor to tell a patient that it is his/her decision as to whether they take the medication but we need all the facts first  ;)

Glad you are feeling OK.  Little steps ......

Bibby

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2013, 09:20:33 PM »

Would Ovacome be up to speed on the safety issues of me taking HRT bearing in mind with my mother having breast cancer?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6