Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23

Author Topic: TV - Did anyone see...  (Read 84365 times)

Anne B

Re: TV - Did anyone see...
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2012, 05:58:14 PM »

Yeah Mrs Biggs is great.

Joyce

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2012, 06:02:42 PM »

Cubagirl, glad I'm not the only person who watches Bondi Beach Rescue!
Some rather nice bodies on show. Not that's why I watch it you understand!

;D ;D ;D Why of course not Anne!  Have you seen the latest series where Harries proposes?  Never thought it would happen - such a ladies man!

Anne B

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2012, 06:12:31 PM »

Yeah, even the wild ones settle down eventually.
Reminds me of my nephew who is very handsome and 'played the field' for 15 years. When he announced he was getting married the family thought it was a big joke. Nope, he's totally besotted. No wonder, she's got the looks and body of Claudia Schiffer and runs her own business.
Jealous? Me? No!!!

Joyce

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2012, 07:41:18 PM »

;D ;D ;D

I was once told I looked like Sue Barker!  She's still slim, shame about me!  ;D

Anne B

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2012, 07:51:52 PM »

I was told I looked like the lead woman out of The film Top Gun (is it Kelly mcGillis or something like that) but that was decades ago. I can tell you my OH ain't no Tom Cruise!

Joyce

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2012, 07:54:10 PM »

;D ;D  My hubby ain't no tennis player either.

Anne B

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2012, 09:08:50 PM »

But we love them anyway!

Suzi Q

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2012, 05:33:04 AM »

C MY REMARKS ABOUT SHOW OFFS WHO HAVE DOWNTON ABBEY XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I love Sherlock New Middsummer Stella Dr Who Being Human the one off plays Downton and New Upstairs/downstairs
Love Greys Anatomy and a lot of SCI FIS on Fox/Sky

Plus all the Country house shows Auctions Homes under hammer they are very pop here

Oldteen

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2012, 08:44:37 AM »

What about "Leaving"? A middle-aged woman having an affair with a much younger man. ( sorry if it's already been mentioned, I've just skimmed this thread.)

I can really relate to "Julie", especially when she says to her husband: "I'm not your skivvy!" I say that all the time when I feel that that's all I am.  I'm sure she represents thousands of middle-aged long-time married women who crave some  love, excitement and romance in their life. I know I do!

I said to my husband, who was also watching: "That's what I need, a nice toyboy!" He just grunted!

purplenanny

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2012, 09:31:21 AM »

Hi Bob - yes, I am hooked on 'Leaving' it is great.  I agree this must portray how quite a few middle age women feel - and if they don't, then they are very lucky!

Purplenanny x x

paisley

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2012, 09:36:33 AM »

Watched 'Leaving' for the first time last night and was hooked, I don't like her hubby and I think she should go of with the young hunk. I am dying to know how it will end probs not the way I want it to though

catweazle

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2012, 09:45:23 AM »

Watched Revenge last night. So many twists and turns to the plot I'm definitely going to have to watch this one again!  :o

Also watched Good Cop recorded from last week. Another very good drama - even hubby watches this (along with Mrs Biggs) - he has the attention span of a gnat and rarely watches anything through to the end, so these two shows must be GOOD! :great:

I can't keep up with all the great telly that's on at the mo. I missed Leaving - couldn't fit it in to my hectic TV schedule!

Hope Homeland is coming back soon, I loved that. 

Catweazle x

purplenanny

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2012, 09:54:13 AM »

missed Revenge and Good Cop, hopefully not too late to catch up

quite right Catweazle - there are loads of good dramas on. Shame they are mostly ITV - too many adverts!!

I chucked our DVD recorder, now I wish I had bought a replacement!!

PN xx

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2012, 10:00:35 AM »

I am LOVING "Leaving".  I think both main actors are excellent in their parts.

What a slap Julie got from her old man last night and her face when she tried to look dignified walking out of the hotel restaurant.    Can't wait until next week.

She has an amazing figure for her age. ;)

Bette

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2012, 11:36:05 AM »

Get a recorder with a hard-drive, Purplenanny, then you can record entire series and watch them when convenient. I haven't started Good Cop or Leaving yet but am looking forward to them.
I think that Homeland is back soon, Catweazle.  ;) That is one which OH actually watches too.
Bette x
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23