Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Scatterbrain!  (Read 23920 times)

lady57

Re: Scatterbrain!
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2012, 08:50:40 PM »

That would add a completely new meanin to HRT(ea)  :)

I do so much silly i can't think of one example. I will try and think of something recent.

flushtered

« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2012, 08:45:33 PM »

OH phoned on house phone from work this morning to ask if he'd left work mobile upstairs.  I said to him that I was eating my porridge, could I text him when I'd finished and been upstairs to look  ::) ::)  Don't know how I thought he could get the text when his phone was lying upstairs!  Getting worse!

limpy

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2012, 09:12:20 AM »

welcome to my world!  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2012, 02:43:02 PM »

... and mine, you are in Good Company  ;) - at which point did he 'get it' Flushtered?

flushtered

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2012, 03:15:48 PM »

He realised straight away and had to reiterate to me that he did not have his phone!  He usually phones me on his mobile though, so that's my excuse for being dim!  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2012, 09:21:40 PM »

::)

pixie

« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2012, 11:15:07 AM »

I just put some potatoes on to boil, a few less than usual, as watching my weight.  I ended up throwing the potato peelings in the saucepan with the potatoes, instead of in the bin!!   ;D

CLKD

« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2012, 11:45:12 AM »

That's OK, the peelings is where the flavour is  ;) ....... they tend not to smash as well though  ;D

spidergirl

« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2012, 02:39:10 PM »

I have found this so much lately! I never used to have issues with memory, in fact - friends comment how good I am at remembering things but lately things just zip out of my brain, I also find I say things or ask questions, and then a minute later as again - forgetting Ive already asked it lol!! Not funny really though - if Im this bad at 34 imagine what Ill be like at 54?! Does it go away when you are post-meno? x

CLKD

« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2012, 07:45:12 PM »

I met two people in separate places today and didn't recognise either of them  :o - it was like I didn't remember their faces.   :-\ until they spoke .......... I've known them for over 20 years.

Elena

« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2012, 07:00:58 PM »

Oh this is me all over.  SO scary I keep thinking I have early onset dementia.  I keep losing things and am so disorganised.  My memory is shot, cant do the multi-tasking, struggling at work.  I put a jug of milk in the cupboard instead of the fridge and didnt find it for several days. I throw things away (think I may have thrown my MP3 player away, cant find it anywhere.)  Not only is my brain slow but things take me much longer to do.  I go upstairs and have no idea why.  It takes me ages to process things.  Work is getting really difficult - too much multi-tasking and too many new things to learn and remember (or forget, as in my case).  Starting to feel I am letting the team down.  Horrible horrible horrible.  Have even forgotten how to spell.

I've had to order a new laptop for home and I am dreading getting to grips with Windows7.

What's galling is that I was always mega organised with a brilliant memory :(

lady57

« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2012, 07:19:46 PM »

Don't worry elena. I have an old laptop with windows xp but my husband has a newer one with windows 7. He has adapted to it quite well and he finds these things very difficult. I have had a few goes with it when mine has frozen or stopped working and although i was very impatient with it to start with i am picking it up quite easily now.  :)

limpy

« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2012, 07:22:01 PM »

Had another issue with roast lamb. This time I didn't nearly put it in the fridge to cook. This time, when the timer went off for the end of cooking, guess where I went armed with oven gloves..........   :o

My defence is that the fridge is opposite the cooker  :-\

pixie

« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2012, 09:31:20 PM »

;D ;D x

Elena

« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2012, 09:31:16 AM »

Oh dear  ;D

Well I am glad it's not just me.  I have given up alcohol in case it's that but no difference as yet.  I read that SSRI anti depressants mess up your memory so I am cutting down on them now.  Desperate isnt the word!!

Ellie
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5