Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: Alternate Day Fasting  (Read 78918 times)

Taz2

Re: Alternate Day Fasting
« Reply #210 on: April 01, 2013, 10:08:13 AM »

I must have had a fasting day yesterday. Was so busy that I forgot to eat. A slice of toast in the morning followed by a piece of cake in the afternoon (for fund raising purposes so that was my excuse!) two glasses of white wine and a packet of cheeselets. I just wasn't hungry.

I reckon that must be about right calorie-wise but not exactly nutritious!

Taz x

Firewalker50

« Reply #211 on: April 01, 2013, 10:59:35 AM »

;D

pixie

« Reply #212 on: April 01, 2013, 11:43:17 AM »

I've eaten rather a lot this weekend, including 2 fried breakfasts!! Anyway back on the fasting today.

Porridge with skimmed milk and 1 tsp honey about 300 calories

Miso soup for lunch - maybe an apple later if still hungry

chickpeas, tomotoe and spinach curry with a spoonful of brown rice at 7pm. :( X

By the way, there are some very nice healthy looking meals on the Waitrose love life recipe website.  Mouth watering just looking at the pictures - after my miso soup :-\
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 12:24:45 PM by pixie »

Firewalker50

« Reply #213 on: April 01, 2013, 03:36:28 PM »

Oops I forgot this was monday. Missed the fast day!
On Saturday I thought it was Sunday.

So, will fast tomorrow and thursday or Friday. After this weekend, I could fast all week  ;D

Fx

honeybun

« Reply #214 on: April 01, 2013, 03:41:18 PM »

Radio 4 had a program about this yesterday.

It is seemingly very closely linked with various religious orders. It clears the mind and helps one to commune it would seem.

They were also talking about research that is being done on animals. Early results would suggest that it increases life expectancy.

They are hoping this research could be helpful when linked to Alzheimer's.

So even if you don't want to loose weight this has all sorts of health benefits.

Honeyb
X

Winterose

« Reply #215 on: April 02, 2013, 12:31:44 PM »

Had visitors for last 6 days so had to abandon fasting, however it has stopped me going overboard , will be interested to see if I have gained weight as when I stopped at Christmas I didnt gain anything, keep going ladies  :D

Winterose

« Reply #216 on: April 02, 2013, 12:36:33 PM »

Pixie, which programme was it and which day,? thanks

honeybun

« Reply #217 on: April 02, 2013, 12:39:27 PM »

Was it me you were asking Winterose.

It wad radio 4 food programme that is on a Sunday at 12:30.

I did not hear it all but it was very interesting.

If it was not me then  ;D

Honeyb
X

Taz2

« Reply #218 on: April 02, 2013, 04:05:56 PM »

It's The Food Programme Winterose http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qnx3

Taz x

Winterose

« Reply #219 on: April 02, 2013, 04:16:40 PM »

Honeybun and Taz , thank you.

Taz2

« Reply #220 on: April 02, 2013, 04:40:31 PM »

I have just listened to a part of it - very interesting. I have always been one who eats just because I have to in order to live rather than enjoy food. It's always been the joke in our family that if I could have a pill and a bar of chocolate a day to meet my needs I would be fine so according to this programme I would be ok living in a Monastery!!

Taz x

pixie

« Reply #221 on: April 02, 2013, 04:47:37 PM »

Hi  Winterose, yes it was a programme I mentioned on radio 4 on Sunday. ;) x

Colon on strike again today - never mind will up the dose of prunes and linseed! ;D

Didn't do too well in the evening yesterday - had a couple of bits of tickler cheese yum!
Another fasting day to commence on Thursday, to shed those fried breakfasts.  Felt pleased I didn't indulge in choc eggs, but had a bar of chocolate anyway today!  Back to 9st 13 at the moment pre bowel movement - sorry TMI

Taz its a good job you know how to put these links on here - very useful. X 8)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 04:55:20 PM by pixie »

Hurdity

« Reply #222 on: April 02, 2013, 06:29:45 PM »

Ha ha pixie! I only ever weigh myself in the morning sans vetements and after that unmentionable....

The odd bar of choc can't do any harm - but too much can mess up the blood sugar regulation I've found.

Hurdity x

Winterose

« Reply #223 on: April 07, 2013, 02:35:24 PM »

Visitors and family all left so on diet today as tomorrow wont work for social reasons.  Got on scales this am and have not put on any weight, what joy! This after  8 days of cooked breakfasts (3) ,large lunches,cakes and puddings.  I wonder though if I have actually eaten smaller portions, certainly checked myself a few times as I dived in for second helpings. Realise with lots of people around am physically busy all day.  Looks like the maintenance day will work as doubtless keeps you focused and stops old grazing habits .  Now saw an article in Times that shows how to calculate  a weight that you should be able to maintain with sensible eating.  I  can see that I have 1kg more to lose ( still a bit of flab on middle)  and with this calculation its spot on.

If you are interested its like this: (1) - How much did u weigh at 18 without dieting? (2 ) How much did u weigh at your heaviest excluding pregnancy? (3) How much did u weigh at your lightest after age 18 with or without dieting? (4) What is your current weight?

Add answers of 1 and 2 together and divide by 2.  Add  answers to 3 and 4  together and divide by 2

Add both totals together and divide by 2 .  This should give you an ideal weight that you can realistically maintain.

It puts me at 57.8 kgs and I am aiming for 58. First time I have ever agreed with an ideal weight calculator.

Have run out of prunes ................ :)

Winterose

« Reply #224 on: April 12, 2013, 02:57:36 PM »

yesterday was diet day , took  2 teaspoons of coconut oil before bed and huge glass fizzy water . Did not wake up cold as I usually do but was actually quite hot so will try just 1 teaspoon next time.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17