Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17

Author Topic: Alternate Day Fasting  (Read 78752 times)

pixie

Re: Alternate Day Fasting
« Reply #165 on: March 18, 2013, 07:48:21 AM »

Morning ladies, another day of fasting commences. Had breakfast of bacon and baked beans, probably a bit over the 300!  ;)  Good luck to fellow fasters today.  ;)

Firewalker50

« Reply #166 on: March 18, 2013, 10:02:28 AM »

Morning Pixie

A fasting day for me too.   
I allow myself one coffee in the morning and I eat at lunch and dinner.
Have not planned what I will eat yet - thinking lots of veg or a stir fry with protein in it.

My weight is not really going down, and that is a bit of a disappointment, however, I do enjoy the fasting days and feel good about them, so continuing for a while to see where things go.

Have a great Fast everyone!  ;D

Fx

pixie

« Reply #167 on: March 18, 2013, 01:27:48 PM »

Morning Firewalker, good luck with the fasting.  Are you eating much on your normal days? I ate quite a lot yesterday, and 1 large wine.

Its now 13.30 and tummy just starting to rumble, after 2 rashers of bacon and baked beans for breakfast.  Miso soup at 12.00. Have got a large bottle of water so drinking loads throughout the day. Having a coffee with skimmed milk and will have a pile of stir-fry veg and mackerell for supper. :-X x

Winterose

« Reply #168 on: March 18, 2013, 01:53:01 PM »

And me too, another llb gone this morning - this weekend didnt go hungry at all but took slightly smaller portions as now want to lose another 2llb and then thats it, will probably have to follow same routine and one day fast properly and the other do maybe 1000 cals to see if I can maintain weight. I dont think 1 days maintenence a week will keep me stable.

Had yogurt and 3 prunes and some mango , coffee, smoked salmon and salad for lunch, fizzy water with lemon for when the hunger starts , tiny piece of toast with black tea later on and an M and Spicy chicken dish with 350 cals .......2 more friends have just started today too, keep going everyone, :D

Rowan

« Reply #169 on: March 18, 2013, 04:01:34 PM »

Try adding cinnamon to your first coffee of the day and taking a chromium supplement, it keeps your blood sugar levels steady and starves off hunger, I have done this for years and never felt the need to snack between meals.

Should have put that on "Health tips" ::)

Winterose

« Reply #170 on: March 18, 2013, 06:01:21 PM »

Good idea will try that, love cinnamon,bit hungry now , supper at 7.30 and early to bed  :D

pixie

« Reply #171 on: March 18, 2013, 06:29:45 PM »

Well done Winterose! Thanks for the tip Rowan. I have had a good day.  You were all right about increasing the fluids - 1.5 litres of water and 1 litre of other drinks, tea, coffee, miso soup.  No headache and hardly any rumbling stomach.  Just the constipation, but plagued with that since the meno - even after all that fluid and the routine of prunes. :( x
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 06:38:26 PM by pixie »

Winterose

« Reply #172 on: March 18, 2013, 06:34:13 PM »

Pixie , have you tried physillum husks - i just sprinkle a heaped teaspoon onto my yogurt and they seem to help, you can get them in health stores, something I never used to think about , fluids do help eventually too and it may take a week  to get things moving regularly.  However think some people just have slower bowels, real nuisance though.

just love the fact I can eat normally tomorrow

pixie

« Reply #173 on: March 18, 2013, 06:40:36 PM »

Yes it always used to be worse just before my periods. But, now the periods have stopped its all the time. I ton of prunes and nearly 3litres of fluid and another dire day of rabbit pellets, sorry ladies TMI! Will try the husks from the health stores - thanks.  :)

sandi

« Reply #174 on: March 18, 2013, 07:14:51 PM »

I used to use Lepicol which is cyllium husks with pro biotics added, might try them again mixed in with my linseed and flax seed.  Constipation has blighted my life, it is the ONLY downside to the fasting though.  Good luck everyone!!

Firewalker50

« Reply #175 on: March 18, 2013, 08:24:47 PM »

Well done Winterose and thanks to you all for the ideas to keep us 'moving'  ;D

First day I have struggled - but all because I was busy and did not focus on it. 

Had usual coffee but went to visit Grandson who is fighting a virus and did not get time for lunch.  Had a bag of crisps (eek! - rarely do that).   Could not seem to face drinking lots of water either today.  Was desperate when I got home at 8pm and couldn't cook and eat the fish and veg quickly enough  :D.    Phew!  never had a chocolate bar so much attraction :-).     

Anyway, managed to stick with it somehow - Just about 20 cals over.   Lesson learned - Proper Preparation Prevents P*ss poor performance  :madeyes:

Pixie - I vary on normal days.  Not much different to previously.  Sometimes I am careful and other times if I have social events I enjoy the occasion.    What were your thoughts?

Fx

pixie

« Reply #176 on: March 18, 2013, 09:03:29 PM »

Hi Firewalker, as you said you were not losing much weight on it, I wondered if you were eating more on the normal days.  I know I have done last week, with the 4 mini magnums, otherwise I haven't and didn't lose anything much last week.Apparently we have to create a deficit of 3,500 calories a week to lose a pound. :-X
It also occured to me that I probably fast most nights because I go from 7pm (last meal) to 7am breakfast!!
I hope it goes well for you this week.  I've felt quite well on this today, and had the sharpness of mind that everyone talks about and am sure my blood profile must be improving.The only downside was the constipation, from the gut slowing down and feeling cold.  x
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 09:09:51 PM by pixie »

sandi

« Reply #177 on: March 18, 2013, 10:52:38 PM »

That's why they call it break-fast!!  ;D

Winterose

« Reply #178 on: March 19, 2013, 03:52:49 PM »

Pixie , glad you have felt better on it this week, saw  on another post that you might need a bit more salt in the water if you get headaches so suppose mineral water would help with that. Its good the weight comes off slowly and if some weeks we dont lose then its better than gaining. Do you exercise much as that helps the gut too? Live in terror of the side effects of constipation so sympathise a lot.  Next diet day is Thursday so will try not to overdo it today and tomorrow. ::)

pixie

« Reply #179 on: March 20, 2013, 07:33:48 AM »

Hi ladies, scales registering at 9stone 11 today, so very pleased as one more pound to go and I will be in the healthy BMI range. Still rather constipated, despite lots of water and prunes, and will be getting flax later. x
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17