Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: constipation  (Read 23008 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: constipation
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 11:58:03 AM »

Opposite effect recently  >:( well, last night  ::) - 2 weeks ago I had a nearly fruit only Sunday by Tuesday afternoon I was dashing to the loo - whoever said that fruit is good for us  :D - 2 days ago I drank a lot of fruit juice with bits in plus ate other fruits: last night, dashign to the loo ........ not ill but in a hurry  :sigh:  ........... staying clear of fruit  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2012, 04:59:50 PM »

except fruit, I'm avoiding it and the fruit juice  ;)

my bowel has been not unwell in recent weeks but I am aware of alterations  >:(

pixie

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2012, 06:33:45 PM »

Oh dear, best to avoid it until better.  Fruit doing zilch for me.   :-X  Its lentil curry tonight - fingers X

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2012, 07:45:08 PM »

yep but there's alovely bowl of mixed fruits in the fridge .......... I think I will do a 'sensitivity' test this week  ;D

Oily fish can get my bowel working too .......... as can fried tomotoes

Annika

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2012, 11:00:58 PM »

I'm having the same problem Pixie and it has been that way now for the last couple of years. Tomorrow I see my doctor so I'm going to ask her to check my Thyroid as I seem to be gaining back all the weight I had lost. Thing is I really don't over eat and work out regularly at the gym. My brekkie is a bowl of coarse cut oatmeal, a handful of Flaxseed and raisins then snacks of fresh fruit, apples up the yin yan and still nothing >:( >:( >:( 

Bette

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2012, 06:58:26 AM »

I tried (and failed) to control it with diet alone for years. Stuff the gp gave me had the opposite (and dramatic!  :o ) effect so I was amazed when Fybogel sorted it for me. I think it's just a case of finding the right thing for you.
Bette x

Suzi Q

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2012, 07:28:17 AM »

Ducolax they worked brilliantly
I had a perm sore bum chum xxxxxxxxxxxxx

pixie

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2012, 07:47:43 AM »

Just an update.  Normally i eat the recommended amount of fruit and veg, but it wasn't working.  Since I have added a large teaspoon of all bran to porridge a day and also eaten 5 taste the difference prunes, I have noticed things are getting  back to normal.  The prunes were expensive, but taste quite nice!  Fybrogel there on standby.  Thanks everyone for you helpful suggestions. 8)

Guineapig

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2012, 08:43:05 AM »

Glad you seemed to have found something to suit you Pixie. My bowels have been problem forever  ::) stress has a huge part to play. If i get anxious etc my bum just ceases up! I have laxatives on stand by, but i have persevered with All bran and a pear a day. Eventually after about 2 weeks it seems to "kick in". If i miss a day of either that's it, back to square one.  :'(
When my hubby says just off for quick poo - I am so so jealous    :o  ;D
x

sandi

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2012, 03:11:03 PM »

Hi ladies,

I have had bowel problems since I was a little girl, and the menopause just magnifies everything for me!  I have a rectal prolapse, so really have to watch that I don't get constipated as I don't want surgery.  I have found that the best combination for me is plenty of fluids, good nutrition inc veg and fruit normally, and then a concoction of a squirt of lactulose, desertspoon of flaxseed mixed with linseed (good form menopausal symptoms also) mixed with apple juice first thing in the morning after I have opened my bowels.  Then it is low down in my bowel the following day and makes a soft loose stool.  I also have a fissure which splits now and again if the first bit of stool is hard, so use Nelsons H Care haemorroid cream which helps it 'glide' out.  Hope some of this helps!  What a bloody palaver . . .  .

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2012, 07:14:37 PM »

Thanks Sandi those fissures can be nasty  >:(

I feel very bunged up in the bowel dept today and queasy as a result  :-\  ............

pixie

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2012, 06:25:23 PM »

The costipation has gone, after increasing fluid intake, eating 5 prunes a day and all bran on porridge in the mornings! :D

pixie

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2012, 09:17:03 PM »

Susan I wouldn't bother with home made enemas, not very safe.     You could try 1 or 2 Bootes glycerine suppositories first, if you really think its impacted? My mum gets irritable bowel and swears by them. ;)

xx
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:51:31 PM by pixie »

CLKD

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2012, 09:31:31 PM »

Speak to a Pharmacist about what to use .......... something gentle.  Senokot?

pixie

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2012, 09:45:27 PM »

Laxido is another, my GP said that they all take it when they go cruising in the Carribean! It works well! 
For constipation that has been present for a long time or impaction.  He gave me some, but i haven't needed it yet! :P
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:49:49 PM by pixie »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4