Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23

Author Topic: Holidays - 2013  (Read 90233 times)

Joyce

Re: Holidays - 2013
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2013, 08:14:56 PM »

Just booked our holiday in Jersey.  There were only 4 seats left on the plane so had to get a move on.  Phew!  Now all we can do is hope for good weather come the end of August or is that asking a bit much, considering what 2012 was like?  ;D

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2013, 11:59:23 AM »

Norwich trip - booked!

pj44

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2013, 07:03:04 PM »

cubagirl  I have always wanted to go to Jersey in fact i'd love to live there. But not made it yet. Not sure i will either its not that cheap to go is it?

Of to the Isle of wright end of January cannot believe how the time has flown by since i posted that i was going. I'm scared and excited lol. Mostly scared incase we get snow or strong winds going over on a ferry is not much fun though it was very bad when we came back in june so i'm trying to tell myself it cannot get much worse.

jgr

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2013, 07:07:04 PM »

Not had a foreign holiday for about 6 years due to our old dog, we did not want to leave him in kennels just in case something happened when we were away. Sadly he is no longer with us so this year we have booked our first ever cruise to the Canary Islands in April. So looking forward to some hot sunny weather.
 :sunny:  :sunny:

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2013, 07:21:23 PM »

Norwich trip - booked!

Are you staying somewhere nice CLKD? 

I ask because I have sent loads of people to this "secret garden" in Norwich (even locals who have never heard of it).    If you're up that end of Norwich it's well worth a look.
Click on "history" and you'll read all about it.    Obviously better in a few months time.
http://www.plantationgarden.co.uk/
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 07:24:56 PM by Pennyfarthing »

mac

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2013, 08:35:12 PM »

hi
 I lived in Jersey for 18 years. You will love it. it should still be very warm at the end of August. loads of great places to eat out and visit but it can be expensive.
Mac

Joyce

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2013, 10:42:56 PM »

Thanks Mac, hubby works with someone who has holidayed there recently so hubby was asking him about it. We had a lovely holiday in Guernsey about 25 years ago and we all loved it.  Apart from home sick son who thought at the age of 3 that the trip on the plane was the holiday.  Soon put him right on that one!  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2013, 09:51:25 AM »

Thanks PennyF ...... can't remember the name of the B&B  ::) think it's on the Yarmouth Road ..........

The trip to the Isle of Wight doesn't take long, I was in trepidation but sat outside, the sea was calm and I watched egrets in the mud.  There were 2 dogs to pat on board too  ;)

pj44

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2013, 03:27:36 PM »

Taking the dog with me CLKD he comes everwhere with me, though i think my family would prefer he didn't. ;D

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2013, 03:54:30 PM »

Our dog went everywhere with even, even to work  ;)

CoffeeCat

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2013, 08:33:28 AM »

We are heading over to UK and Europe for 6 weeks in May June, from New Zealand.

We've been saving furiously to travel premium economy on Air NZ, it's a treat for our silver anniversary.

Starting holiday proper in Bordeaux with river cruise; then Prague for a week,where a friend will show us the sights for a couple f days then rest of week on our own. Week 3 is Belgium, not decided which city yet but want to see just one and see it well. Hoping for one with brewery to tour.
Week 4 Cardiff, week 5 north Wales and steam trains galore, week 6 with hubby's family in Yorkshire... then home to winter.

Phew!

libby1

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2013, 08:42:57 AM »

Pj

Where about on the Isle of Wight are you staying? We love it there, it's like stepping back in time  :)

Libby
x

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2013, 10:31:56 AM »

Bruges is lovely  ;)

Bring some dry weather with you Coffee Cat  ;D

Suzi Q

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2013, 12:10:43 PM »

We are heading over to UK and Europe for 6 weeks in May June, from New Zealand.

We've been saving furiously to travel premium economy on Air NZ, it's a treat for our silver anniversary.

Starting holiday proper in Bordeaux with river cruise; then Prague for a week,where a friend will show us the sights for a couple f days then rest of week on our own. Week 3 is Belgium, not decided which city yet but want to see just one and see it well. Hoping for one with brewery to tour.
Week 4 Cardiff, week 5 north Wales and steam trains galore, week 6 with hubby's family in Yorkshire... then home to winter.

im in qld OZZ you have to ABSO GET To Paris for at least 2nights 3 days
Nrth Wales you have to see Ynos Mons Anglsea, Snowdonia and Bala Lake, Conway Castle. HARLECH Start from Chester which is  great place with a complete roman wall around it all the shops and building go back to Tudor times and before you can then take the Old Welsh road you will then go by the coast road its a fantastic sight to see
Betswycoed is also a fantastic place to visit im from cheshire/broders of nrth wales creso cymru cariad
means welcome to wales darling you will have a ball and will be amsed how like England NZ is xxxxxxxxxxx
plus its so cheap compared to NZ and Ozz you wil be shocked how cheap UK is compared to us here

My son and his wife went to Prague they loved it they also went to Belgium but only for a couple of days
They then went on to amsterdam son loved it dinlaw didnt dope shops she was not amused heheheh

Phew!

pj44

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2013, 12:14:14 PM »

Libby      Last year we stayed in Ventnor thats where most of my daughters, husbands family live.  We are going to stay in West cowes this time. All the family are going. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23