Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: wary of beta blockers  (Read 19626 times)

Danismum

Re: wary of beta blockers
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2012, 10:04:11 PM »

I took the amitripyline at about 9pm... Struggled to get up in the morning, I could of lay in bed all day if I didn't have the school run to do lol

Margarett

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2012, 10:56:35 PM »

Propanolol has really helped me.

pamela jess

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2012, 11:58:39 AM »

Started prescription yesterday so we will see how it goes....am due back to work tomorrow after time off and am so stresed about it today..I think it will be a long sleepless night tonight, last time I tried to go back to work I couldnt manage so hope I can this time....

pamela jess

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2012, 12:03:42 PM »

Thanks Mrs P x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2012, 04:39:50 PM »

Let the drug do it's work.  Let us know how you get on tomorrow!

pamela jess

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2012, 06:36:41 PM »

Will do CLKD....x
I know you dont like tennis but I'm even more stressed now after watching Andy Murray, he nearly did it!

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2012, 08:30:28 PM »

;D  ........ I'm like that with MotoGP, right on the edge of my seat steering the bikes  ::)  ......... fortunately I dont' fall off the same way though  ;)

Must take one BB tonight and another in the morning to set me right for the day, lots to do to keep my occupied!

pamela jess

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2012, 10:04:03 AM »

Well did not sleep AT ALL last night, not one wink of sleep, actually managed to go to work this morning but only lasted one hour unfortunately. When I got there I burst into tears, then got myself calmed down, but after an hour realised I wasnt ready to be around people, took panic attack....am very lucky because I have such understanding boss; in fact the whole company has been really good, cant fault them. So back to doctors and I will try work again next week, hopefully by then the bbs will be in my system and that should help.

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2012, 12:36:07 PM »

I thought of you during my own horrors this morning thinking 'how could she consider going to work  :o ' when I couldn't even get off the loo  :-\.  Give the BBs time to work.  Could you go back intermittently to the work situation without joining in, to speak with the others and ease your way into their environment?  Maybe going in ready for work adds to the stress levels.  10 mins a day, 'hi I'm here for a quick chat to catch up ready for when I return' - type of visit?

paisley

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2012, 01:02:00 PM »

It is so nice to hear you have an understanding boss pamela jess, that will help you a lot and it is one less stress to think about. I also suffer meno and anxiety and have found the BB very good at calming me down

pamela jess

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2012, 06:51:43 PM »

Just wanted to ask...Im now on day 4 of taking b blockers and wondered if anyone else has the following side effects (or maybe theyre not side effects just more meno symptoms!).
I am so, so very tired and have a persistent splitting headache that wont budge; I have no energy to even be bothered moving, I just feel like floppig in a heap where I sit, and if I do move about I get dizzy.

Feeling really fed up now and just want to get back to some form of normality, I dont feel like me anymore; Ive always been a happy go lucky cheery type but now I feel so low; god I sound a right misery, I know there are people so much worse off than me.........

JJ

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2012, 07:48:17 PM »

Perhaps the beta blocker dose too high ?

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2012, 08:50:02 PM »

Splitting headache is not to be tolerated to give your prescribing Dr a ring?  You may need a lower dose or to take them at a different time.

paisley

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2012, 09:33:02 AM »

I don't remember those side effects with BB, I am not taking them at mo as I only take them on a need basis, when I feel really bad I would take 10mg in morn, 10 mg in afternoon and 10mg before bed, but have taken 20mg at same times. 

pamela jess

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2012, 03:50:07 PM »

Just when I thought there was a tiny wee bit of light at the end of the tunnel! The betas were starting to work yesterday and today, and I was feeling a bit better weepy wise, but went to docs today with the headaches. Turns out the bets are making me have low blood pressure so it has to be checked again next week and if no better have to come off the beta blockers. Also have discovered today I now have osteo arthritis in neck which is also part of the headache woe. Will have to try a plan B whatever that may be..........
Pages: 1 [2] 3