Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Leg and buttock ache anyone?  (Read 3091 times)

Justjules

Leg and buttock ache anyone?
« on: August 29, 2017, 10:28:53 AM »

Just wondered if any ladies suffer with awful aching legs and buttock pain? It feels like I've done an exercise class or been riding a horse!! It seems to be combined with what I'm hoping is an IBS flare up because it seems connected. I'm panicking because I've also had low backache and pelvic twinges/aches so I'm going into HA overdrive now. Went to Drs but saw senior nurse and no urine infection and she listened to tummy and felt all over and said it was IBS. I never get it this bad so not convinced. I had a very dark BM at the start of all this so (previous thread) panicked a bit but it only happened the once but not been right since so thinking did I have some sort of bleed, even though I couldn't see any sign of blood (been googling something called Melena?  ::)

The start of all this was me being put on a disciplinary at work, which I put in a counter grievance for, which is still not resolved but I was determined it wouldn't get to me, plus as I was off work, I went a bit mad with doing some decorating and gardening which seemed to trigger the back and buttock pain. So it could be a combination of stress and that I suppose.

I only really get the problem with running to the loo once I wake up first thing in the morning and just a couple of dashes then the rest of the day it's fine. I'm trying to work out diet etc.  Can IBS change like this?

Thanks x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Leg and buttock ache anyone?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 10:37:27 AM »

Sciatica springs to mind!  Is there pain running down a nerve from buttock to foot?  I can press on the sciatic nerve in the buttock and it HURTS!

Did the Nurse ask you do bend forwards etc. to check your back movements?  How is your foot wear?

Justjules

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 11:01:18 AM »

No, CKLD, it's just a toothache type ache, mainly in buttocks and both legs.  Sciatica is one leg isn't it? Can't remember now if she did make me bend....she examined my back whilst stood up and said it was the sacroiliac joints she thought with the bending and stretching I did plus standing on ladders. May be two different issues but it seems to be affected by my bowel as well.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 03:54:34 PM »

Sciatica can be both legs at the same time for ages.  When I don't bend correctly it is very painful, I had to stand or lay flat for 7 days recently, made watching TV interesting  ::) - leaning against a wall ..........

Over-the-counter pain relief and a brisk walk works for me, as does remembering to bend proper!!!!!   ;)