Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28

Author Topic: Confused and sad  (Read 104330 times)

Smokey

Re: Confused and sad
« Reply #390 on: July 26, 2012, 07:11:49 PM »

AnnB

That's so funny I would love to have had a look at his face!

We also went to Aya Napa the hotel is known for having the largest pool in Cyprus, we didn't venture to the beach as this time of year its full of teenagers partying.

Anne B

« Reply #391 on: July 26, 2012, 08:08:00 PM »

Oh to be a partying teenager again. A distant memory. Sigh!
Used to be a right party animal now feel like a bit of a fossil. I look at an elderly neighbour who has a very busy social life and has recently been 'stepping out' with a new man. They are both 80 and I see them walking hand in hand on the way to their dance night at the local community centre looking so fit and happy. They make me smile.
There's hope for me yet.

mac

« Reply #392 on: July 26, 2012, 08:25:21 PM »

Hin Ladies and welcome back Smokey.  Great to hear you had a great holiday. Second week back at work but thankfully it was a bank holiday on Monday so only 4 days this week.  Feels like I've never been away :D Everyone keeps asking if I'm glad to be back, and are a bit suprised when i say "yes", I tell them  it's good to feel well enough to be back!!.  I am very lucky as i have a very understanding team.  My occupational health dept recomended that i do a phased return so my boss is trying to sort with HR that i take a day off per week for 6-8 weeks so that i don't lose any pay, because I had said that I wanted to reduce my hours for about 3 months so that i can try and adjust.

Interestingly, my thyroid is still not stable (just like the rest of me! :)) When the results came back in May my level was 5.8 and now its 0.12, which could explain why I felt rotten the last week of my holiday.  Feeling better now that my thyroxine has been reduced.

I'm like you Anne B and feel like a fossil and I'm 45 soon to be 46!! BUT i am so intent on being a party animal again ;D  I am envious (in a nice way) of my teenage daughter who is full of life and fun.

Paisley hope your day has been better.

Mac

Anne B

« Reply #393 on: July 26, 2012, 08:43:23 PM »

Mac
That's great that you are back to work and hopefully being able to do a phased retun and reduced hours for a while is a great idea. I'd love to be well enough to get back. I know it will happen but it's just taking too long for my liking.
No wonder you felt so out of sorts on holiday.
Keep well

Anne B

paisley

« Reply #394 on: July 26, 2012, 09:21:30 PM »

Hi,
    thanks again for all your support. Felt rotten again today, so weepy, cried all morning, couldn't stop and fed up of sweating all day in this heat. Had to take my little boy to another one of those Spanish parties that go on for ever and you can't leave. Anyway near the end they had a pinnatta(is that how you spell it) the thing you wack and sweets come out. My son is only 4 so you can imagine 4 years have no strength and they couldn't open it so I said can I have  a go, I bent the washing pole bashing it, I really put all my strength into it and all my tension just came out in the pinnatta, I must have looked like a maniac, people said you must hate someone very much the way you hit it, I was like a mad woman, but it did help a bit. Made me realize how much tension and anger builds up inside cos you come across normal to other people but you are trying so hard to be like this, hitting that pinnatta made me realize how much anger and tension is in me
AnneB good luck tomorrow

Anne B

« Reply #395 on: July 26, 2012, 09:30:38 PM »

Thanks Paisley.
Sorry you're still feeling rotten.
Maybe you should get a load of these things for your own use and have a good bash at them to vent your frustration and tension.
Listened to a relaxation tape this morning and honestly I think I was worse afterwards. Think my brain must be wired up weirdly.
Hope you get some rest tonight and feel better tomorrow.

Take care.

mac

« Reply #396 on: July 26, 2012, 09:40:58 PM »

Hi Paisley
At least the Pingatta helped.  It must be really difficult coping in that heat, I found it difficult some days on holiday. I go for a brisk walk when i have these feelings but in that heat I'm sure its not something you could do.  What about a swim?

Hope you sleep well.

Macxxxx

paisley

« Reply #397 on: July 28, 2012, 06:01:02 PM »

AnneB how did you get on on Friday? I hope much better than me?

Anne B

« Reply #398 on: July 28, 2012, 06:39:27 PM »

Hi Paisley
I posted on How are You Today thread last night.
To cut a long story short I am to use 2x100 patches at a time.
The consultant was very good and will follow me up at his NHS clinic in future so I don't have to pay.
I know this isn't a miracle cure for my anxiety and I probably have to come to terms with what's happened to me health wise over the last few months to be 'cured' but hopefully upping my oestrogen will help a bit.

I have posted on your other thread regarding your disappointing visit to Spanish doc.
Cheers
Anne

paisley

« Reply #399 on: July 28, 2012, 06:49:17 PM »

I really hope that it goes some way to making a difference to how you feel.

Anne B

« Reply #400 on: July 28, 2012, 06:50:47 PM »

Thanks Paisley.
Time will tell. I have been saying that for 6 months now!

changesbabe

« Reply #401 on: July 28, 2012, 10:43:08 PM »

Hey mac - well done in getting back to work! You must be so pleased at your steady recovery - it's really good to hear. I too am 45 and soon to be 46! It feels too young to be dealing with all this meno stuff doesn't it! Xxx

mac

« Reply #402 on: July 29, 2012, 09:39:19 AM »

Hi Hot and Spicy

Thank you.  Still having some off days but on the whole a lot better than I was.  Your right far to young to be dealing with this :) but then its horrible at any age.

Macxxx

mac

Re: Confused and sad 1 year update!
« Reply #403 on: May 10, 2013, 08:26:09 PM »

Hi Ladies
I thought I would update you on my year since I started this thread. When I started this post I thought I would never recover from how I was feeling. My anxiety and feeling so ill was overwhelming. However 1 year on I am so much better.  I think without the propanalol and citalopram I may not have been.  I stopped the propanalol  after 3 months as the citalopram had started taking affect and I stopped that about a month ago and I feel good. My thyroid has finally stabilised so that's great. One of the biggest things for me was the absolute fear and not understanding what was causing it. I really did think I was losing my mind.  I still have my menopause and all that goes with that but I am coping and can see a light at the end of this very long tunnel! So what I`m trying to say to all you wonderful ladies is that it does get better and to take whatever you need to get through this "change" and it will get better. I didn`t believe it at the time but it does.
I still check in here every day and if I`m having a blip I give myself  :kick: and it helps.!
Thank you all. You truly are a special bunch.

Mac xxxxx

Joyce

« Reply #404 on: May 10, 2013, 09:41:09 PM »

Thanks for the update. Pleased to hear you are managing to cope.  :)
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28