Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Bank current accounts  (Read 18074 times)

VioletAquarius

Bank current accounts
« on: March 07, 2024, 12:41:55 PM »

I'm wanting to open a new current account, which I will just use for small online payments on my phone only, and therefore won't have a lot of money in it.

I only want this because I don't know if my phone has built in antivirus, etc, just in case it gets hacked and i lose my money, etc. I know this is prob silly but I just can't find out whether I have it despite trying, so thought this was safer.

I was going to go with santander but the online application form was too indepth so didn't proceed.

I am thinking of Starling Bank as they seem to have good reviews. 

Anyone got any advice or which Bank to go with/avoid?

Or any info on phone antivirus, etc?

Thanks

jaypo

Re: Bank current accounts
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2024, 02:32:37 PM »

Not much advice to give but my OH uses Starling for his business and never had any issues with them x

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2024, 03:05:16 PM »

No experience of Starling but some banks will let you have more than one current account which may be easier to manage than using a different bank.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2024, 04:49:03 PM »

We have a joint current account, 1 each and DH has a 2nd with a small amount in for e-bay purchases etc..  Nationwide. 

PearlJ

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2024, 07:33:36 PM »

My partner and I have both switched from Barclays to starling and also for his business.  Very easy to use and would recommend.

ameliakayrichards

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2024, 03:44:52 PM »

I'm wanting to open a new current account, which I will just use for small online payments on my phone only, and therefore won't have a lot of money in it.

I only want this because I don't know if my phone has built in antivirus, etc, just in case it gets hacked and i lose my money, etc. I know this is prob silly but I just can't find out whether I have it despite trying, so thought this was safer.

I was going to go with santander but the online application form was too indepth so didn't proceed.

I am thinking of Starling Bank as they seem to have good reviews. 

Anyone got any advice or which Bank to go with/avoid?

Or any info on phone antivirus, etc?

Thanks

Starling is a pretty good option.
And what about antivirus, I've never used any, so unfortunately can't help with that. And what about banking? I can say that the industry changes and develops, so I think it's a good idea to change banks if you see that something is better. I'm pretty interested in that sphere, and from time to time I can read something related, and not a long time ago, I read one article which provided me with some information about banking software development companies, and now I know more about it. I think that for banks, it's important to update the software and provide something new and useful for the customers because technology changes. I prefer using a bank that provides some benefits and makes transactions faster and easier.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2024, 07:04:41 AM by ameliakayrichards »

Ayesha

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2024, 04:28:28 PM »

We keep a small amount in our Barclays account purely for online purchases.
We use Bitdefender virus checker that covers our phones and our computer which is available to buy from Amazon, much cheaper that way than going direct to the company.