Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Tell us how you cope without HRT  (Read 236259 times)

Rowan

Re: Tell us how you cope without HRT
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2014, 02:09:54 PM »

Anything that makes you feel better Lynanne is good.

gladys

« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2014, 06:04:32 PM »

Been on HRT for just over 3weeks starting to feel a bit better not my old self yet but not sure how long or how well it is meant to work ? Sore boobs back pain varicose veins tears and now I seem to have the cold blocked nose sore throat aaaaaaaa help anyone

Taz2

« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2014, 10:06:08 PM »

Hi gladys - welcome to the forum.

Which type of HRT are you on? Not sure that it will make any difference to your varicose veins and sore throat but sore boobs are common in the first few months.

Have a good look around the forum - things will seem much easier now you can share feelings on here.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

gladys

« Reply #78 on: August 04, 2014, 08:39:32 AM »

Thank you so much I am on Elleste duet 1mg feel tired don't want to go anywhere nervous and anxious worry about everything and how long do I wait before I say ok this isn't working for me and go bk to GP ? :)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 08:49:20 AM by gladys »

Suzyq

« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2014, 12:06:41 PM »

Hi Gladys

You really should give it 3 months (I know! It seems like an age) to see how it's working. I rushed things at the beginning, but it does no good! Try to focus on positive things if you can and the time will fly ...

gladys

« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2014, 01:03:05 PM »

Thank you for your help my partner has arranged a day away for us but he is worried I will feel unwell if we go and can't come bk right away as would need to wait on a train what do you think oh sorry one other thing may seem a crazy question but can you take pain killers or cold remedies while on HRT again thank you for you help

Taz2

« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2014, 01:13:21 PM »

Yes things like painkillers and cold remedies are fine with HRT.

Taz x

Suzyq

« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2014, 03:39:14 AM »

Go for it! You are safe with your partner and once you get into it, sure it will be fine.... I avoided things for 6 months and it did me no good. Now I push through no matter what and get a rush from surviving. My therapist says you have to feel the anxiety and do it anyway to heal - doesn't work if you just do things when you feel good!  I have self-hypnosis downloads that I listen to to calm me down but just try laughing, talking or even singing if you feel anxious - they really do work!

Hope you go and have a fab time

Xxx

gladys

« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2014, 10:23:26 AM »

This may be a stupid question or one that can't be answered but when do things get better I was told with hrt your periods come bk is that when it gets better or ??

Suzyq

« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2014, 11:25:24 AM »

Nope you need the estrogen to build up in your system that's all. It can take up to 3 months for this to happen. If you get frustrated and start increasing to changing hrt too early then you may end up feeling worse for longer. I have been on hrt 9 months and still feel like I'm working on optimal dose. I do feel better than pre-hrt but still have some tough times!

gladys

« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2014, 01:36:21 PM »

Thank you good to know there is light at the end of a very long road but at least there is.my sister been saying to my mum and that she doesn't know what I am worried about all women go through it am I being a wimp its all very new to me and I am trying to cope  :'(

Aethelede

« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2014, 03:33:12 PM »

Hi Gladys,

It's a pity your sister isn't a bit more supportive - the last thing you need now is being made to feel you're a wimp. If she has been through menopause herself with no symptoms then she has just been lucky - not stronger or better at coping than you. And if she hasn't gone through it yet, then wait and see - she might have to eat her words!
These symptoms can hit you like a train - truly horrendous for some of us. I am seven months into HRT treatment and it isn't perfect but I can cope now where before I just wasn't.

Keep posting - this site is a lifesaver and very supportive. :)

gladys

« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2014, 06:59:31 PM »

Thank you so much to everyone on here for support I am only 3wks on hrt and have been told it take at least 3 months if not more to get a bit better.I am not crying as much as I did few weeks ago but still worry about daft things my body is changing and I seem to notice more soreness which was probably there before but I am more aware of it now.I have been invited to my brothers house at weekend as he just moved into new house but I feel its not for me at moment when I said this my sister said if you feel like crying while we there you can sit in the loo >:(

Suzyq

« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2014, 11:14:20 PM »

I know it's really hard, but for most, the more you do, the better you will feel! It just takes your mind off it. If you can get home easily, so much the better! I have been in restaurants and had to leave due to panic attacks! I sit outside, sometimes cry, then go back in and face it! For 6 months I was basically housebound through fear and I am never ever going back to that! Cbt helped me a great deal - have you been offered this?

I also (and it seems I am in a minority) could not cope on estrogen without daily progesterone - the anxiety was just horrific! I now take daily progesterone and after 4 weeks settling in period, am happy as a camper. As time goes on you will learn your body and what works for you - keep a diary of how you feel - it definitely does get better ....

gladys

« Reply #89 on: August 06, 2014, 05:01:03 AM »

Sorry what is  cbt thanks
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13