Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Hugh and Steph  (Read 1906 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Hugh and Steph
« on: January 25, 2020, 08:06:18 PM »

..... have a new show, based round how humans dis-respect the gut.  Same old, same old: poo samples, what we should/not eat.  I won't be joining him on his daily cold water swim  :o  >:(  ;D ......... but there is more and more being found out about how our insides work/don't - some here already drink that green stuff that begins with a 'K' and I swear by LIVE Yoghurt. I've recently read a book about goat products for those who can't tolerate dairy and how helpful they are with allergens.

Steph altered her diet [she works with Alex of 1 Show fame on another Show] and has found a huge difference in how she feels.  Cutting out food on the move as well as less junk with fats/grease for more fruits and veg., I missed if it said how long she had altered her intake but she was certainly feeling better. 

I've had choloate recently and feel different  :-\ and I bought some of that really really black stuff and it has no flavour at all  :-X

KaraShannon

Re: Hugh and Steph
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 09:02:50 PM »

I don't know about the program but chocolate is good for you in many ways.  Someone told me to eat the really dark stuff but I'm not going to anymore because all that happened was I ate so much more of it (when I got used to the bitterness) to get the same dose of sugar and it meant I was taking in a lot of dark choc and the fat that goes with it.  Better to just have a normal bar of choc in my book.

I'll try your tip with live yoghurt, I try to avoid dairy, but if it's good its good.

Sparrow

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 09:07:59 PM »

I have got fed up with this sort of programme.  I used to watch them religiously but they just churn out the same thing so what's the point.

Can't stand Steph or Hugh Fernly Twitty-Witt either  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 09:08:33 PM »

Have a look at the breeders of goat products who sell World Wide - lots of advice and suggestions. 

Chocolate kept me alive as a child  ;)

KaraShannon

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 11:10:01 PM »

LOL, chocolate didn't keep me alive as a child, my mother only allowed it once a week, I was neglected  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 09:55:54 AM »

;D  don't watch Googlbox  ::)

You won't be neglected here KaraShannon  ;)

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 09:58:49 AM »

I was just reading an article about people who now have serious gut problems after putting themselves on supposedly ?healthy? eating regimes like Deliciously Ella etc.  They drink loads of juiced vegetables, fruits, cut out bread, eat loads of nuts and avocados etc then get poorly.

The report is on the Daily Mail site and is written by a doctor. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7928977/Why-woke-diets-leading-surge-distressing-gut-problems.html
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 10:04:29 AM by Pennyfarthing »

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2020, 10:00:10 AM »

What else does it say PF?  The gut needs something physical to 'work' on so changing suddenly will upset the transit.  If I 'go' suddenly I feel really really ill  :'(

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2020, 10:04:59 AM »

What else does it say PF?  The gut needs something physical to 'work' on so changing suddenly will upset the transit.  If I 'go' suddenly I feel really really ill  :'(

I have just added the link above CLKD.

NB. The article uses the currently trendy term ?woke? which I hate!! 

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2020, 10:09:22 AM »

I'm woke - when the alarm goes off  ;)

:thankyou: PF - will have a look-see.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2020, 11:54:20 AM »

PF thanks for sharing - says it all really.   A balanced diet as Granny had to eat - 'cos there wasn't as much choice - is the way to go because that's how our gut is designed.  A healthy mix of fruits, veg., meat, dairy ......... and a good substitute for those to go meat-less.  As well as a little of what we fancy ;-).

All this green diet stuff, I can eat lots of veg. but the sight of a green drink on the supermarket shelves  :sick02:  :-X however good it 'might' be  ;D ........ I love sprouts where as others won't buy them.   I like raw cabbage and cauli.  Never carrots can't be bothered preparing those  ::).  I know, I know someone else does it for me  :whist:.   

Also how many of us have ever been really hungry?  In the 'where might my next mouthful come from' hungry?  How many snack on the go and then go the GP with bloating etc.?  Or eat little in the day then wonder why, after a large meal in the evening, they can't sleep or feel sick/bloated?  My best go-to about diet is the gut book written by Dr Mosely which explains well how the digestive system should work ;-)

Joaniepat

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2020, 12:28:45 PM »

Thanks PF, that was interesting and plenty of common sense there.

Couldn't agree more, CLKD. The very idea of a green drink first thing in the morning... :sick02:. Green veg are meant for lunch or dinner, not breakfast!

JP x

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2020, 12:57:31 PM »

I have a neighbour who is what I call a ?cranky? eater.  She just reads that something is good for you and eats tons of it.  She eats loads of seeds, nuts, lentils and so on.  I have never known her cook a proper meal although she will if somebody else cooks it. 

Her typical breakfast is a sort of muesli she makes up and then she puts flaxseed and some other thing on it and pours orange juice over it.  Lunch is a bread roll and another bowl of muesli stuff.  Evening meal is a mix of lentils, beans and maybe a bit of veg.  She is quite crafty and often calls in on us or other people at mealtimes, sometimes I ask her to stay and she polishes the lot off!   ;D.

What I will say is she has TERRIBLE wind.  Sometimes she trumps every step she takes when we go on a walk!  ;D ;D

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2020, 01:08:19 PM »

Veg. makes the body gassy.   ::)

Orange juice .............  :-X