Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Eurovision  (Read 10448 times)

Suzi Q

Re: Eurovision
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 12:45:16 AM »

Morwenna
I think your being kind it is political no doubt about it
We can be PC and say Culture bal bla
If thats the case then its a waste of time
There should be Nthn EU WEst EU Balkans and the rest all in diff catergories
Then the winner of each get a prize
Have the Contest foir Eastern EU done there same for Western Eu done there in their region
Its just a joke you can (royal you xxx) dress it up all you like
Most of the EU dislike us some hate us we dont stand a cat in hells chance
Also read online religion is now also taking a place too time to say Thanks its been great but its had it day now

Suzi Q

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2012, 10:50:43 AM »

I liked it up to say mid to late 7s then as more and more countires came in hmmm
Then the eastern Bloc Then countries like Turkey and Azabajan and Israel bloody nora!!!
 It should have stayed the same but it didnt
Muslim countries are going to vote for muslim countries even though they beg borrow and steal to get to UK
Eastern old commie countires will vote for same
Its all a joke and sorry to Humpy but we are going to be a laughing stock
What we should have done is like the other countries PAY for COLDPLAY or ADELE to sing
The we would see if it is Political and Religist 10% wonder if its too late???????????

catweazle

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 10:17:48 AM »

Have just listened to Englebert's Eurovision song - I think it's lovely! Not to everyone's taste I'm sure but I hope he does well with it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2117201/Engelbert-Humperdinck-Eurovision-song-Love-Will-Set-You-Free.html

Catweazle x

coffee mate

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 10:31:10 AM »

It's certainly better than some of the rubbish we've had over the years.

A nice easy listening, middle of the road kind of song. I quite liked it too.

cm xx

silverlady

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 11:20:46 AM »

Hes not lost his touch  :) best of luck for us.

silverlady x

Joyce

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2012, 12:08:26 PM »

Maybe it'll grow on me.  However, I wish him luck.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2012, 08:05:10 PM »

I remember him in the 1960s  :o we thought we were the bees knees when we danced 'the last dance with you'  ;)

He was interviewed on the '1 show' this week.

Suzi Q

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2012, 04:43:38 AM »

OH no I listened to him and the song (thanks for posting it)
It was across between a dirge and a happy clappy church hymn (Im a Christian God wont mind)
I was mortified not only at the song but at him he was miming
What will he do LIVE but the shame of it is this the best we really can do if it is we should just pull out
Just accept defeat gracefully before it even goes to air
Why couldnt we have had Adel or The Stone Roses or Blur some buggar other than a 75 year old  Based USA has been
I Didnt like him in the 60s but that was a personal choice as for NOW
Im mortified that hes the best we could do who the hell are the people who decide these things what were they thnking

oldsheep

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2012, 09:40:33 AM »

something tells me other countries are getting the joke too...Alexis Petridis in yesterday's Guardian
"And besides, this year, there's the sense that other countries are doing kitsch irony in a rather more enthusiastic way than Britain has ever managed. Having clearly rethought the tactic of employing a hip-hop auteur who allegedly charges $100,000 per track to produce their entry, Russia's song is from Buranovskiye Babushki, singing grandmothers from the Udmurt Republic, who apparently failed to qualify two years ago with the snappy-sounding Dlinnaja-Dlinnaja Beresta I Kak Sdelat Iz Nee Aishon ("Very Long Birch Bark And How To Turn It Into A Turban").

Austria is offering up the amazingly named Trackshittaz, whose gimmick appears to involve dancers with their buttocks picked out in fluorescent paint and who promise to "learn a little bit of English" before the contest, at which point they'll presumably reconsider the wisdom of calling themselves Trackshittaz. Montenegro's equally amazingly named Rambo Amadeus has a video for his entry whichthat defies all rational belief, culminating in a scene in which he surprises two topless women with a donkey. You watch it and think: what price Leicester's King Of Romance and his chanson-influenced ballad now?"

AND Montenegro's entry made it on to the closing clip of Newsnight. It looks hilariously OTT bizarre, love the donkey http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSx0WCiDzDE

I still can't sit through it though, although OH loves the voting  ;D

Suzi Q

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2012, 11:37:10 AM »

something tells me other countries are getting the joke too...Alexis Petridis in yesterday's Guardian
"And besides, this year, there's the sense that other countries are doing kitsch irony in a rather more enthusiastic way than Britain has ever managed. Having clearly rethought the tactic of employing a hip-hop auteur who allegedly charges $100,000 per track to produce their entry, Russia's song is from Buranovskiye Babushki, singing grandmothers from the Udmurt Republic, who apparently failed to qualify two years ago with the snappy-sounding Dlinnaja-Dlinnaja Beresta I Kak Sdelat Iz Nee Aishon ("Very Long Birch Bark And How To Turn It Into A Turban").

Austria is offering up the amazingly named Trackshittaz, whose gimmick appears to involve dancers with their buttocks picked out in fluorescent paint and who promise to "learn a little bit of English" before the contest, at which point they'll presumably reconsider the wisdom of calling themselves Trackshittaz. Montenegro's equally amazingly named Rambo Amadeus has a video for his entry whichthat defies all rational belief, culminating in a scene in which he surprises two topless women with a donkey. You watch it and think: what price Leicester's King Of Romance and his chanson-influenced ballad now?"

AND Montenegro's entry made it on to the closing clip of Newsnight. It looks hilariously OTT bizarre, love the donkey http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSx0WCiDzDE

I still can't sit through it though, although OH loves the voting  ;D
Im laughing my pants off reading this its brilliant hehehe

Joyce

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2012, 11:41:12 AM »

I only ever watch the voting nowadays. Engelbert is on first, though doubt that will make a difference.  However, he has a huge European following, so that may stand us in good stead this year.

coffee mate

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2012, 04:28:23 PM »

I only ever watch the voting nowadays. Engelbert is on first, though doubt that will make a difference.  However, he has a huge European following, so that may stand us in good stead this year.

Hmm. Good thinking Cg, good thinking.  :)

san

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2012, 06:48:31 PM »

The video shop almost use to be empty on Euro night  :D

He looks old, sounds old and should be out to pasture. If we win because he's known in Europe we should be disqualified ..

silverlady

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2012, 07:53:01 PM »

Not as old as those Russian Babushkas, I wish him luck in the Eurovision.

silverlady x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2020, 06:40:48 PM »

Well who would have thought  :o

It goes ahead at 6.15 Sat. night - with Mel.  And Graham.  And ........

I feel an early bath coming on  ;D.   Will anyone be dressing up to take part.  Virtually.  At a distance  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3