Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 79

Author Topic: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness  (Read 863195 times)

Dancinggirl

Re: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness
« Reply #915 on: January 02, 2017, 03:22:41 PM »

Kkay - you say you are only taking the progesterone periodically??  Do you do 10 days per month or perhaps a slightly longer cycle of 10 days every 6-8 weeks.  I am wondering if this heavy, dragging feeling is more to do with your womb becoming thickened - do you feel more comfortable after you have had a bleed?  Perhaps do 10 days of Dydro each month to see if that helps?

Where do you live? - in the UK we can't get Dydrogesterone on it's own (sadly) - it's a good progesterone to use as it brings fewer side effects.

If this dragging continues, it could be worth seeing a urologist to have a cystoscopy and check whether the bladder is OK. DG x

Kkay

« Reply #916 on: January 02, 2017, 03:36:31 PM »

Thank you for this...I'll do as you say and induce a bleed and see if it makes a difference. Havent noticed yet.

Might have to go the cystoscopy route but am dreading it.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #917 on: January 02, 2017, 03:42:05 PM »

I had a cystoscopy - it's fine - nothing to worry about.  Peace of mind is a great thing.  DG x

Kkay

« Reply #918 on: January 02, 2017, 03:53:47 PM »

Thank you for that.....

Kkay

« Reply #919 on: January 02, 2017, 03:56:12 PM »

DancingGirl, I am very touched by your concern, thank you truly.

Kathleen

« Reply #920 on: January 02, 2017, 06:18:19 PM »

Hello KKay and welcome to the forum.

I can see that Dancinggirl has given you some good advice.

A friend of mine had some investigations a while ago and was diagnosed with an over active bladder caused by declining hormones. I'm not sure of the details but I know she was prescribed some tablets that helped a lot. I also know that she doesn't take them anymore to perhaps this is the sort of thing that settles in time. Hopefully so!

Wishing you well and keep posting.

K.

dahliagirl

« Reply #921 on: January 02, 2017, 09:10:43 PM »

Yes it sounds all too familiar.
I tried using it twice a week to start with and the promising start came to nothing. A doctor told me to do the two week boost again and I read more about it and used it every other day to start with ( my prescription said use one or two twice weekly so figured that was fine).

Three years later things are much more stable. I think it gets better once your tissues are well.

Kkay

« Reply #922 on: January 02, 2017, 09:58:02 PM »

Thank you Kathleen and DahliaGirl....I'll keep you posted

Suzi Q

« Reply #923 on: February 10, 2017, 01:14:53 PM »

Hello all,

I'm not sure I posted this in the right place - I think it isn't being seen- so am reposting - Happy New Year, everyone !

I am a new member. This site and particularly this discussion on vaginal dryness have been an absolute lifesaver. I literally dont know what I would have done if I hadn't stumbled on it and realised I am not alone.

I am 55 now, I went into menopause overnight at 42, probably due to autoimmune issues. I was ok on estrogel but everything came back this autumn after I had switched to Livial or Tibolone a year ago.

I have a lot of symptoms but the most distressing of all is what I can only describe as bladder irritability or jumpiness; it just never feels quite right and its almost impossible to feel comfortable. Its driving me crazy. (Repeated cultures show there is no infection). The gynecologist told me the vagina and vulva were red and inflamed and that I had vaginal atrophy. Peeing also burns on and off.

I tried vagifem 1x 14 nights and then twice weekly for 3 weeks but it didnt do the trick. I realise I might have to increase the dose (am also back on 2 squirts estrogel) -

Does this bladder discomfort sound familiar ?

Very depressed.

Ohhhh its familiar alright.
I use one 10mg vagifem every night. Mostly im fine but i get the blip.
Im in one now red raw hot poker weeing burns ahhhhhh.
It will ease off. Ive had this it started 9 years tomorrow with a simple itch.
That was it that was they symptom.
My gp is happy for me to use 1 a night. He says 365 vagifem is the equivalent to 10 hrt pills no brainer in my case. Use no soap use toilet wipes for the bottom the moist flushable ones. No talc knickers i wash with no fabric softner and a non soap powder.
I know 100% when i tidy myself downstairs i will ache and wee for a few days irritation.
But in tropical Queensland you have to be short downstairs if you get my drift scissors etc
Good luck dont give up go back ask for one a night ok x

Kkay

« Reply #924 on: February 10, 2017, 01:57:56 PM »

Thank you SuzyQ so much for your reply; since my Jan 2 post I used the only thing available here which is Premarin cream and I used that for five weeks straight. There was some improvement but still a lot of stinging and burning. I then managed to get Vagifem via a doctor friend abroad and am now using that EVERY DAY. Some days I use 2. I will do this for two weeks or until the symptoms calm down and only then will I think about tapering it.

I read all your posts, thank you for all your advice.

:)

dahliagirl

« Reply #925 on: February 10, 2017, 03:09:39 PM »

I have seen on some local CCG sites for doctors where they advise using vagifem daily for 2 weeks, then alternate days for 2 weeks before going down to the 2 per week.

I did that (after a false start where it worked, then didn't) and that is how I got to the 3 per week point.

I have used it for about 3 years now, it has calmed down a lot and can miss the odd one without a disaster  :)

Kkay

« Reply #926 on: February 11, 2017, 03:57:08 AM »

Thank you Dahliagirl

What are CCG sites ?

Suzi Q

« Reply #927 on: February 20, 2017, 01:56:54 PM »

Thank you SuzyQ so much for your reply; since my Jan 2 post I used the only thing available here which is Premarin cream and I used that for five weeks straight. There was some improvement but still a lot of stinging and burning. I then managed to get Vagifem via a doctor friend abroad and am now using that EVERY DAY. Some days I use 2. I will do this for two weeks or until the symptoms calm down and only then will I think about tapering it.

I read all your posts, thank you for all your advice.

:)

Nooo god dont if it works dont muck around atrophy is for life.
If you come of it or lower it chances are ahhhhh
I did it over 3 weeks ago im finding my mons areas getting fatty and im wet as inside
So smart pants thought id reduce it im now paying for it big time xxxxx

Jackanory

« Reply #928 on: February 22, 2017, 12:51:48 PM »

I am perimenopausal and have been suffering from vaginal dryness/urinary problems for the last few years. I have been to the dr about this problem several times and have been told that because I still have regular periods I have enough oestrogen. I have been taking 3000 mg of evening primrose and flaxseed daily for about the past year but this hasn't solved the problem. I have trawled my way through everything I can find on the internet and have discovered that DHEA vaginal suppositories are "the next best thing". I have ordered some DHEA capsules which I am hoping will arrive very soon and am going to try making my own suppositories using the DHEA powder and Carlson's Vitamin E pessaries. Has anybody else tried this remedy? Thanks

Kkay

« Reply #929 on: February 22, 2017, 02:27:39 PM »

I'm sorry you are having a difficult time. I'm sure that others who are more knoweldgeable than me will give you more information and I dont know anything about DHEA

BUT

I do think that your doctor is completely mistaken in making a judgement that your estrogen level is sufficient simply on the basis of the regularity of your periods.

My reproductive endocrinologist told me that estrogen levels can start to drop as early as seven years before menopause and also that if you are symptomatic, then your levels are clearly not enough for what your body needs and you need estrogen.

You might want to consider seeing someone who is more experienced with menopause (gynecologists often are not, sadly) and consider using a local estrogen like Vagifem, which is a tiny dose in a tablet form that only acts locally.

Good luck

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 79