Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79]

Author Topic: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness  (Read 862819 times)

Ayesha

Re: Tell us how you cope with vaginal dryness
« Reply #1170 on: April 15, 2024, 06:52:20 PM »

Its perfectly safe to use vagifem daily, two a week is a useless dose for a lot of women, GP's have an awful habit of messing us around.

I was told by my gynae GP to use Vagifem daily as twice a week wasn't working and to use Ovestin topically.
I also use a moisturiser which I think is very important and after nearly three years I am back to normal down below after being at the most chronic stage of vaginal atrophy.

Joaniepat

« Reply #1171 on: April 15, 2024, 07:02:00 PM »

Yes. I am 74 and use local oestrogen every night. My routine is Vagifem for three nights running, then Ovestin externally on the fourth night. Either Epaderm or Olive & Bee as moisturiser as necessary. This regime is what works for me and I could not manage with less. We have to find our own way with GSM and stick to what suits.

Lillyg

• First Flush
« Reply #1172 on: April 15, 2024, 09:54:33 PM »

Thank you both….feel a bit more relaxed about it now

Jules01

• First Flush
« Reply #1173 on: April 30, 2024, 07:36:51 PM »

Hi Ladies, sorry it's my first time posting after reading for a very long time. Wondering if anyone can advise if I need to see GP or just wait? I have completed 3  1/2 weeks on Vagifem and it's working so well but the side effects are bad. Two weeks daily and now twice weekly. Terrible cramps that slowly edged in by the end of week one. Terrible cramps week two, that went right down my legs. Week 3 cramps and light bleeding which has continued but not a cycle. Period not due for a few days. I'm on HRT patches and cycles are clockwork. Which is thanks to patches which resolved flooding and crazy timing. Should I just keep using the Vagifem as the dryness, burning, itching etc has gone. With pain killers for cramps I can sleep but without Vagifem I cant sleep for itchy irritation. I thought it was thrush for months on and off but that's all gone. Sorry to tag onto someone else's question. Sorry if this is wrong. Thank you

Ayesha

« Reply #1174 on: May 01, 2024, 08:19:51 AM »

Hi Jules01 and welcome to the forum. You might like to copy and post again on the 'all things menopause' page, here its more of a wilderness part of the forum and not often seen.
There have been posts about the side affects of vagifem and I know there are lower dose types of oestrogen to use and hopefully you will get more helpful  replies from the other ladies on here.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #1175 on: May 01, 2024, 08:25:09 AM »

Wilderness - like it!   Welcome Jules01 - browse round.  Make notes.  if 'vagifem' isn't suiting you then mayB try 'ovestin'.  Do read the 'bladder issues' and vaginal atrophy threads dotted around the Forum.  Let us know how you get on.

Minusminnie

« Reply #1176 on: May 01, 2024, 09:57:25 AM »

Don’t mention the ‘O ‘ word it’s Estriol 1mg/g cream now 😀
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79]