Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27

Author Topic: Bookworm  (Read 144245 times)

ariadne

Re: Bookworm
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2012, 09:44:41 PM »

Wikipedia says it's a 1955 Hollywood musical comedy film set in France, starring Fred Astaire amongst others. Wonder if it might be on SKY somewhere? £9.95 on Amazon. I must read the book first though  :)

ariadne xx

silverlady

« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2012, 08:36:56 AM »

When I was younger I read all Marriane Zimmer Bradley's books, "The Mists of Avalon" was my favourite and I have downloaded it to my Kindle to read again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFpdJ0q1hj4&feature=related

silverlady x

san

« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2012, 08:47:55 AM »

Sweet Revenge The Intimate Life of Simon Cowell. Out on Kindle on 20th April - Hardback May 3.

The last autobiography type of book I read was Michael Macintyre.

Dyan

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2012, 02:52:35 PM »

Reading "call the midwife" a recent birthday pressie from my son.
It's very good.Enjoyed the TV programme too.

san

« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2012, 05:11:30 PM »

thanks Dyan I'll put it on my wish list  ;)

Hannah1

« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2012, 05:33:03 PM »

Hi Mrs P

I am reading The Legacy at the moment and it is brilliant - also read The Unseen.  Well written and a new author for me. I find if I am worrying then reading sorts it for me - taking me into another world for a while.

Hannah

san

« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2012, 05:45:11 PM »

Hi Mrs P
if I am worrying then reading sorts it for me - taking me into another world for a while.
Hannah
I love it when a book does that to me. Sure that's one thing that stops me from going round the bend  ;D

Hannah1

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2012, 05:09:42 AM »

I have The Kashmere Shawl by Rosie Thomas lined up next to read - I have enjoyed all her books too.

Pity we are not in a position to swap our books with each other.

Hannah

san

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2012, 08:08:32 AM »

50 Shades of Grey seems to be the in book at the moment. Who's read/reading it or wants to?
I'm still undecided  ::)

coffee mate

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2012, 08:49:39 AM »

I am going to buy it today San. That is if I remember, of course!  ::)

Did you see the papers this morning? 50 Shades of Grey topped the 1 million Kindle sales. That just proves how racy it is. Lol

Greyhoundgal

« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2012, 12:28:09 PM »

50 Shades of Grey seems to be the in book at the moment. Who's read/reading it or wants to?
I'm still undecided  ::)
I'd never heard of it until last weekend - some neighbours at my sisters party were all talking about it, might have to have a quick look on Amazon.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2012, 01:05:24 PM »

Bought book 1 and 3 today, Water-whateverthey are are waiting for it to be delivered 'at any moment' . Apparently the populatiry has caught the Publishers by surprise  ;D

menomax

« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2012, 01:46:43 PM »

I have just finished the Sandelwood Tree by Elle Newmark. I really loved it. It is set in India with two storylines. One set during the  Sepoy Rebellion in 1858 and the other during the Partition of 1947. It is set in the same house.
In the house, hidden behind a brick wall, the 1947 character discovers a packet of old letters, which tell a story of love and war involving two young Englishwomen who lived in the same house in 1858.

one year in

« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2012, 02:03:56 PM »

Ha ha, trust a book about sex to be the number one bestseller!

I am still trying to read Last Night in Twisted River by John Irving (since Christmas!).  I think I may have to just put it on the shelf and leave it for a year or so because I am simply not enjoying it at all!

Funny how a book either grips you from the start and you read it in a day or it makes you want to put it down and turn on the computer.

coffee mate

« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2012, 03:10:07 PM »

Flipping Stresscos has sold out of 50 shades of Grey! I looked on every shelf, but no, not one copy!
One of the young male assistants asked me "are you looking for anything in particular"? "Oh no" I said, "I'm just browsing" Lol

I'm going to have a look on Amazon, I'll get a copy if it kills me!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27